Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with Identical Relations

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're perceiving Identity as neutral when it's really not like that, you are describing Extinguishment. Or perhaps Quasi-Identitcal. I just wish you'd consider your perceptions and notions. Although I'd agree, anybody too similar can't work out. You don't want to date yourself, right? (although that be interesting....)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Identicals are not really my cup of tea.

Great entertaining friends, but I leave it at that. God forbid, we spend our days floating on air, while pushing each buttons struggling to milk nonexistent Se.
    this is exactly how I feel about it. Totally right. That said, I did date my identical when I was in high school. It was intense and we were very much in love for over a year. His parents weren't in favor of our relationship and it fell apart eventually. Looking back, I'm surprised at how GLAD I was that the relationship ended right there. I feel no nostalgia for him or for what we had. I think it would have been pretty hard trying to make a life with another IEI. It's like you would understand each other but have to force yourself to take on roles you don't really want to take on. I don't see how that's fun.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ther's no point in an identical relationship. Everything they can do I can do as well (or better).

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Dual>Activation>Semi-dual>Illusionary>Mirror>Benefactor>Beneficiary>Ide ntical>Kindred>Business>Supervisee>Supervisor>Cont rary>Quasi-Identical>Superego>Conflict
    Dual>Semi-dual>Mirror>Supervisor>Illusionary>Supervisee>
    Activation>Identical>Kindred>Beneficiary>Benefacto r>
    Business>Contrary>Superego>Conflict>Quasi-Identical

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sorry but objective evidence stats that Identical really is just one tier below Dual so you are either misunderstanding something or you are....judging your relationship with that person too harshly or absolutely. I trust more what the people who actually worked hard at studying people say, (Just like I wouldn't go to a car mechanic to have a cavity filled unless he also happened to know how to work on teeth. He might be a fan of dentists and enjoy dentistry in spirit but he isn't a DENTIST himself.) so all your opinions about this are silly to me. No offense, or anything.
    Well, you're wrong.

1. Dual
    2. Activity
    3. Mirror
    4. Identical

My personal choice, but some crazy motherfuckers (twenty, in fact) decided that Identical ranked higher. It is certainly NOT one after Dual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every Intertype Relationship has its purpose. Identicals is for exploring yourself, to better understand your inner child.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like identicals as friends but not for romance. better as friends even when they are the opposite sex. i've had the fewest number of misunderstandings with identicals compared with friends of other types. many of these identicals have been male, but i have not been sexually attracted to them.

i have quite a few LII friends over the years as well as activity. i do not remember a dual. it would be great to have even a female dual friend!

director abbie likes supervision?? wow i really can't see this for romance. it's just way too hard. and benefit definitely trumps supervision.

to me, i think there is a flaw in the idea that the best relations are intraquadra...semi dual and illusionary are good too.
    Last edited by Blaze; 10-17-2009 at 03:25 AM.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i like identicals as friends but not for romance. better as friends even when they are the opposite sex. i've had the fewest number of misunderstandings with identicals compared with friends of other types. many of these identicals have been male, but i have not been sexually attracted to them.

i have quite a few LII friends over the years as well as activity. i do not remember a dual. it would be great to have even a female dual friend!

director abbie likes supervision?? wow i really can't see this for romance. it's just way too hard. and benefit definitely trumps supervision.

to me, i think there is a flaw in the idea that the best relations are intraquadra...semi dual and illusionary are good too.
    I agree. My parents are semi-dual and they get along really well. Not to say there haven't been some issues through the years. But over all it's been a good match. (IEE and SEI).

I would LOVE a female dual friend! My sister-in-law is my dual and I adore her more every time I see her. But she lives far away from me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Haha. Identical relations are ridiculous.
    Agreed. I'd never date my identical, for two reasons, one I think it's going to be no real fun, two I'd be thwarting the opportunity of a good IEI fellow to be happy.
    "I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." - F. W. Nietzsche

"To what extent can truth endure incorporation? That is the question; that is the experiment." - F. W. Nietzsche

"Genius is a will-o'-the-wisp if it lacks a solid foundation of perseverence and fanatical tenacity. This is the most important thing in all of human life ..." - Adolf ******

"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower" - Adolf ******

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever hath not kindness hath not faith." - Prophet Mohammed

"The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways — I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows" - Socrates

- ESTp - Se subtype - 8w7 sx/so

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identicals in romantic relationship

The descriptions says that the relationship becomes boring quickly.

has anyone experience with this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first true love was an IEI. we were head over heels and if it weren't for the fact that we kept getting forced apart by his parents, it probably would have ended a lot sooner on its own. But there's something about being told to break up that makes you wanna stay together. It was a Romeo-Juliet thing. Anyway, after I got over him, I never looked back. Never regretted the fact that it didn't work out. Never romanticized our relationship or idealized it or anything. Never missed him. I think identicals, long term, would be ho-hum.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a male friend who I think is my identical. We've been friends for a few years now but we'll never be romantically involved with each other. Both of us find the thought of that utterly creepy.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only LII female I know of hates men.

I'm not sure if they're all like that.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other ENFps are either too loud or too shy like myself. Either way I wouldn't be all that interested.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever. IEI girls are hot. I mean, that's because beta irrationals in general are the hottest types, but IEI girls are the second hottest (on average) behind SLE girls.

I mean... I'm sure the relationship would have its difficulties, but with faith, love, and hope, I'm sure we could work through them.

Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    The descriptions says that the relationship becomes boring quickly.

has anyone experience with this?
    haven't been in a romantic relationship with another ILE. have lots as friends though....and they make for fun, supportive friendships. i've never been romantically attracted to my identical though. i kind of think if you over intensify an identical relation it would become boring, you already know what they're going to say. i would say understanding is really good though, you speak the same language.

as a slight contrast, lookalike relation, while not quite identical, is better in that there is a intuition and sensing repartee, plus the connection of the creative function. in a weird way you halfway meet each other's dual seeking.

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    as a slight contrast, lookalike relation, while not quite identical, is better in that there is a intuition and sensing repartee, plus the connection of the creative function. in a weird way you halfway meet each other's dual seeking.
    yeah I've been very attracted to my lookalike and found it not boring.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yeah I've been very attracted to my lookalike and found it not boring.
    I had the same. I was surprised how good lookalike felt.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    thanks for your input. I was wondering how ILI-ILI was like from your viewpoint. From my (little) experience, identical relationship is somewhat better with mixed subtypes.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Whatever. IEI girls are hot. I mean, that's because beta irrationals in general are the hottest types, but IEI girls are the second hottest (on average) behind SLE girls.

I mean... I'm sure the relationship would have its difficulties, but with faith, love, and hope, I'm sure we could work through them.

No. You couldn't. You sound like me before it all went to shit.
    IEIs aren't what they seem. At first they can seem like the most charming, gorgeous, sweet-natured, happy go lucky kind of people and then you get to know them and they are this fucked up, self-involved mess with an inability to maintain close relationships. Well at least the guy I knew. But even the two chicks I knew who were IEI, they were lovely but they just got boring, identicals get bored of each other. At first the relationship feels wicked, then it hollows out - you have nothing to give or take from each other. Pointless, empty relation.

But I'm bitter so...
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identicals make good.....

mentors and teachers.

ILE

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, pretty much.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enablers and co-dependents.

I second "mentors."

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I think mirrors too, if i typed my boss correctly. Though the other day he was advising me to avoid a certain path because it'll get boring, and that's why he didn't go that route. So he might be IEE not EII as originally thought.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mirrors are good advisers and friends. They aren't quite as good at being a mentor as your identical because there's actually a pretty strong tendency to disagree in comparison.

Identical would be pretty worthless advisers if they think pretty much the same way you do. Although I'm sure they would be pretty good friends too.

The difference in my mind, is that a mentor is above you and an adviser is your equal. When you're on equal ground with your identical things either get boring or competitive. When you're on unequal ground with your mirror, fights and power struggles could break out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings View Post
    Enablers and co-dependents.

I second "mentors."
    I think that's true too.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I think mirrors are good advisers and friends. They aren't quite as good at being a mentor as your identical because there's actually a pretty strong tendency to disagree in comparison.
    Yup. I think primarily because of temperament. Plus the way Role/PoLR lines up. You can simultaneously be a bit critical of your Mirror's weakness while both being able to joke about how bad you both are at your super-ego.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identicals who like me tend to defend me against the evils of the values of other types. I guess they see an attack on my values as an attack on theirs. Older identicals are great for this since they are generally more confident about themselves and over the years they've developed a sophisticated set of arguments to deal with almost any attack.

Identicals also tend to be quite good at telling me how brilliant we are and how everyone else is not as smart as us.

From the outside it looks like an intense circlejerk.

Edit: And I think identicals make for good heroes.
    Last edited by leckysupport; 09-11-2010 at 08:24 PM.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identicals are awesome role-models, and we also look down at them nostalgically. They're who we want to be, used to be, and who we are.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Identicals are awesome role-models
    I agree. Unfortunately, I only know of one older LSE female, and I don't see her very often, so my role models wind up being male or EII. This can be agitating since I know I'll never live up to my role.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Understanding between identicals is good.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identity and understanding

Last edited by aixelsyd; 08-12-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, according to socionics.us, Identical relations are information-based. If this is true, then it would seem likely that interactions would lose vitality once everything is known about each other. I'm pretty sure I had one ILI friend back in high school, we mostly talked about the same stuff and it was hard to come up with something new to say so I tried not to actively seek out his company. I still regarded him with respect, however, it's just we had our different groups to go to.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but isn't this the joy of socionics? you can go on thinking you're one type and then after some "new discoveries" and rearranging interpretations and understandings or growing them to larger conceptions (both of the subject and of oneself), everything can be moved around to mean something else leading to an amazing realization that one is actually an entirely different type, how didn't we see it, and if nothing else remaining the same type is like getting off the merry-go-round and that's just boring, must get back on the merry-go-round and change it again otherwise there's no point in staying on sites like this because the same things just go around and around (i mean with variations, of course, and it isn't static so i'm not implying that). i am exaggerating a little though because self-discovery is the fuel that feeds back into exploration and interpretation of concepts which then feeds back into self-discovery and because self-discovery is an unending process as well as understanding (there are always greater depths to delve), it can never really get that boring (although i am probably bored), but it is a merry-go-round away from "real life" whatever that is (for me anyway).

anyway i'm just saying this because i'm horribly skeptical. still though i agree the internet medium can definitely be distorting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, looking back, it's amazing how blind I was, thinking I knew Socionics better than I did. (Te estimative gone awry?)

I just found it interesting, thinking back, how I missed how the times where it seemed we got each other where it felt no one else did and later attributed that to duality. Sigh...I suck at this theory.
    That's nothing... Back when I didn't understand the confusion behind MBTI/Socionics types and functions, I rationalized the problem between ESFJ and INTP duality saying that "it is because the older you get the less open to change you are" and some other BS not worth mentioning.

I'm curious though...how did you find out about Socionics? I think SEE is a rare type to see outside FB and myspace.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't like theorizing for the sake of theorizing and if it seems I am doing that just don't play games in my head, you are mistaken.
    i don't think this though

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that I was presuming SEEs to be dumb or anything of the sort, rather, there are more things they could be interested in besides the internet(again, besides social networking sites) and thus it's not likely for them to happen upon something so obscure as Socionics. To be honest, I'm still having trouble believing that anyone on this site is other than an introvert, or ILE.

It's easy to miss the people who understand you the most because there is no friction. Personally I've had so much friction in my life than it's also hard for me to believe that I can ever be understood(even though I have met SEEs and SLEs and realize duality).

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identity relation trends

Last edited by aixelsyd; 08-12-2011 at 06:22 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk don't get anything done lose track of time

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that I've for sure interacted much with my identicals. Maybe I have in the past, but I didn't know Socionics then...anyway.

I imagine it would probably be talk talk talk talk like PP said. That, or else I would be so awed watching "myself" that I'd forget to be myself, yk?

Actually, I'm still trying to determine if a former boyfriend of mine might have been IEE...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are speaking of EPs and EJs.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My identical best friend and I talk endlessly to each other. (IP.) Seems like a trend for me with other identicals, too.

Specifically, with another IEI what I find in all that talk is that we, well, I guess you could say we augment each other's Ni a lot. If Ni is a cumulative thing, you can stick two people's Beta Ni together and draw a more complete picture.

There's a lot of comparison, my life to the other's life, a sense of seeing how somehow we follow the same arc over time.

I also find a certain low-level competition with them. It wasn't a big deal when I had an IEI mentor/boss, because she was clearly in charge. With my best friend, sometimes we were both vying for the same things (friends, boyfriends, kudos, social position, psychic space). We're a little redundant, so things are better one-on-one usually.

And putting the Fe together is a lot of fun--adventures, hilarity, a bit o' drama.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast