Thread: Spiderman 3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spiderman 3

Peter Parker: ILE (I might consider LII, but I think Se Role is obvious when he gets Venom-ized)
    Mary Jane: SEI/IEI
    Harry: SLE
    Flint Marko/Sandman: LSE
    Eddie Brock/Venom: SEE
    Gwen: IEI
    Aunt May: EII
    Jonah Jameson: LSI/LIE
    (His secretary: SEI )
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actor seems so dominate it hurts. Almost to the point where I can not see the character anything other than a IEE or ILE.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    The actor seems so dominate it hurts. Almost to the point where I can not see the character anything other than a IEE or ILE.
    I agree.

I also think that PP and MJ's personalities are inconsistent in the film and are bad for typing.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actor does seem Ne dominant, I agree, and he doesn't pull off an Se attitude very credibly, but his role in the film is that of an SEE, I think. Just look at how quickly he latches on to Jameson: he sucks up to him because he's in a position of power, and uses a little Fe flattery to "get in good" right away. That's Se all the way: he knows where the power lies, and he knows how to take advantage of it. Maybe SLE is a better option, but SEE was more my impression.

Peter's personality is obviously inconsistent, but I think it's fairly obvious that he's an Alpha NT, and while LII fits the overall persona a little better, the whole deal with the Black Spiderman and getting so infatuated with the power that it turns him bad seems more like Se role than Se PoLR. It's especially obvious when he over-adopts that little swagger when he starts noticing girls looking at him: totally something an over-cocky (and completely self-unaware ) ILE would do in that position.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I'm thinking SLE or EIE is a better choice. He's obsessed with his reputation, and is completely devistated when it's ruined by Peter. That, and the immediate click with Jameson probably make a Beta type more likely.

Under cerulean skies...

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Jonah Jameson character is a SEE. No really objective reason why, I just so happened to develop the idea that the stereotypical grumpy editor is a SEE.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry: SLE
    I am not sure if it is fair to say Harry is an ESTp.
    He seems a lot more emotionally driven, or -STj.

But that is more a vague feeling than a solid remark.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    MJ does not deserve Peter.

[/off-topic]
    NO it is not!

at the theatre, when she kissed Harry, someone shouted quickly "(Whore!)".
    It was met with applause by the entire audience.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you also notice that the singer they replaced her with was out of tune? Really... if they were going to replace her they could have at least picked someone better.

Anyway, Peter was trying to be helpful and supportive and MJ was all like "It's not about you!" which was completely irrelevent because the problem was that Peter misunderstood the problem (not his fault because MJ didn't actually tell him the problem), and if anyone was being selfish it was her.
    Yes yes, indubitably.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Parker and Mary Jane are both Ne/Si types. That's all that needs to be said as far as I'm concerned. The whole movie was very Ne/Si.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true... but the overwhelming Ne/Si was all I noticed in the 3rd movie

the second movie kicked ass though
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, Peter was trying to be helpful and supportive and MJ was all like "It's not about you!" which was completely irrelevent because the problem was that Peter misunderstood the problem (not his fault because MJ didn't actually tell him the problem), and if anyone was being selfish it was her.
    Yes, the problem was her expecting him to just "feel" that something wasn't ok with her without her telling him.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I have a different take on that situation. First of all, they're both idiots. That said... There was obviously something wrong with her, but he was too self-absorbed to notice. His being self-absorbed was the problem. That said, she should have told him that his being self-absorbed was a problem instead of just running off all emo-like and then kissing someone else. *shakes head in utter disgust*

I sorta wondered if he might be Alpha and her Delta. I think Peter thought they were both Delta though? I dunno, and I don't really care. Like I said, Ne/Si. And stupid.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Yes, the problem was her expecting him to just "feel" that something wasn't ok with her without her telling him.
    she was expecting him to acively ask. she was all ready to tell about it. she even made hints. that's why I think they are both introverts. They would have been ok if she had been ESFj who just tells her problems without waiting for him to show active interest first.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter was acting like a turd throughout the movie, and his attempts at helping MJ were half-assed. She was upset because her self-esteem was under fire, and wanted Peter to forget about/not mention Spider-Man for a while and just understand that she wasn't going to magically feel better. I don't see how people think she didn't explain that she was upset. It was quite clear. Peter was a douche pretty much the entire movie.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I dunno, I have a different take on that situation. First of all, they're both idiots. That said... There was obviously something wrong with her, but he was too self-absorbed to notice
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I don't see how people think she didn't explain that she was upset. It was quite clear. Peter was a douche pretty much the entire movie.
    Ok, I think that's a fair appraisal.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do then think that it is likely that Peter is an ENTp since a potential HA shows itself, but then again his oppositionary nature with also shows. I do think, however, that both PP and MJ are Alpha.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how people think she didn't explain that she was upset. It was quite clear. Peter was a douche pretty much the entire movie.

I didn't understand how he didn't find out she was fired, how did he not notice that his girlfriend was fired from her very awesome, public hyped-up job?

So that makes him thick I think...but she could have just told him strait out...and I was also disgusted with the kissing Harry.

Characters did things in this movie purely for the story line. The focus of the film doesn't seem to be to make the characters well-rounded. They are inconsistant because their actions are controlled by the amount of drama the producers needed to create to make the movie exciting in all aspects.

Comic book

So I don't think we need to try to type them...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Peter was acting like a turd throughout the movie, and his attempts at helping MJ were half-assed. She was upset because her self-esteem was under fire, and wanted Peter to forget about/not mention Spider-Man for a while and just understand that she wasn't going to magically feel better. I don't see how people think she didn't explain that she was upset. It was quite clear. Peter was a douche pretty much the entire movie.
    Perfect.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit