Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ISTp-ENFp duality complementary subtypes (IEE-SLI)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    Totally. Our kids owe their existence to Terry Pratchett, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, Herbert Rosendorfer and the 1998 World Cup.

With ENFps and ISTps - I'm thinking that it might also be important where and how you interact, because we both need to feel relaxed, at ease, and able to open up and goof around. What do you think? If an ENFp and an ISTp meet only in situations that make one of them go into emergency shutdown mode, there's one more potential love story gone down the drain.

EDITED TO ADD: ...duh. Everyone's like that to some extent. But my hunch is that stressed out ISTps and ENFps can clam up very thoroughly.
    I completely agree with your comments ...with what has happened to me.....duality is like owning a new engine...there has to be a run-in period (especially if one has had insufficient experience with duality relationships---noone wants to get hurt and encounters feel somewhat awkward but only at first)
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    This ìs pretty much my experience with SLIs. Te subtypes are quite annoying at times.
    i have to agree. Nothing against them....but not the same to me as an Si subtype......what does that make me then ...an Ne-ENFp.....i dunno, perhaps it does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs can at times be mistaken for introverts. They often have a live-and-let-live attitude toward others and can't be described as intrusive or particularily expansive.

I think that that may have a lot to do with the fact that N is coupled with F as a dominant attitude and thus ENFps pick their spots until they find an Fi field which interests them.... If N was coupled with T as for ENTps....extraversion would be a lot more noticeable as T is direct and simply goes about its business unlike the choosy and more concentrated F.

As an xNFp, i sometimes thought of myself as introvert...thus i was INFp.....but later noticed when Fi was satisfied I became a total extravert and to this day consider myself ENFp for the most part.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    i have to agree. Nothing against them....but not the same to me as an Si subtype......what does that make me then ...an Ne-ENFp.....i dunno, perhaps it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    a little birdie told me that Si goes with Ne and Fi with Te.
    quoted for kensi if you have a video i could try to tell what subtype you are for sure.

love the Te's... anyone got a Te-ISTp example we could put up in this mutha?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me!

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, you have not experienced interaction with IEEs very much. That explains your opinion about them.

IEEs can at times be mistaken for introverts. They often have a live-and-let-live attitude toward others and can't be described as intrusive or particularily expansive.

Most of my friends talk to me and I just listen and listen. Even my introvert friends say I'm overly quiet at times. I even sometimes feel awkward when I'm with a person and I don't know what to say.

So I doubt a quiet IEE will annoy you. Maybe the ones you know are not IEE.

I think that that may have a lot to do with the fact that N is coupled with F as a dominant attitude and thus ENFps pick their spots until they find an Fi field which interests them.... If N was coupled with T as for ENTps....extraversion would be a lot more noticeable as T is direct and simply goes about its business unlike the choosy and more concentrated F.

As an xNFp, i sometimes thought of myself as introvert...thus i was INFp.....but later noticed when Fi was satisfied I became a total extravert and to this day consider myself ENFp for the most part.
    These two statements explain me so well!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    These two statements explain me so well!
    If that's the case then you probably noticed as well...... that if you are at a group function(say a dinner of 10 0r so people).....you probably have trouble concentrating on everything going on...as it feels like you are everywhere and nowhere at the same time.........till you realize that all you are looking for is Fi stimulus....and if you can slowly aquire enough of it piece by piece you become extraverted with your Ne......till then you somewhat remain fairly quiet for the most part.....which is somewhat contradictory to being an extrovert.

I thinke that Beta ENFj and INFp have a much better grasp on such a group function cause they are at ease with such an Fe situation...and thus even an INFp may look more extraverted than an ENFp......i think that ENFps prefer to deal one on one, one on one, one on one etc.(and a lot of it) if they had a choice....but it takes a while for this phenomena to emerge.....takes a while for these connections to be built up...

....i don't know...that's just what i think.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's the case then you probably noticed as well...... that if you are at a group function(say a dinner of 10 0r so people).....you probably have trouble concentrating on everything going on...as it feels like you are everywhere and nowhere at the same time.........till you realize that all you are looking for is Fi stimulus....and if you can slowly aquire enough of it piece by piece you become extraverted with your Ne......till then you somewhat remain fairly quiet for the most part.....which is somewhat contradictory to being an extrovert.

I thinke that Beta ENFj and INFp have a much better grasp on such a group function cause they are at ease with such an Fe situation...and thus even an INFp may look more extraverted than an ENFp......i think that ENFps prefer to deal one on one, one on one, one on one etc.(and a lot of it) if they had a choice....but it takes a while for this phenomena to emerge.....takes a while for these connections to be built up...

....i don't know...that's just what i think.
    I really like the way you put things into perspective. The way you just described this explains my experience 100%! It definitely explains how I've come to think of myself as a strong ENFp, but still had some trouble explaining the extroversion/introversion thing. This was the only thing that didn't quite add up, but what you said makes perfect sense. One-on-one, one-on-one, one-on-one is my thing. If I can make that Fi connection, I feel like I can be myself. Fe I'm not so comfortable with a lot of times.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like one on one.

Everything else is too much going on.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I like one on one.

That's why we're duals....dude.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why we're duals....dude.
    Most don't think so

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most don't think so
    That we're duals?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That we're duals?
    That I'm even Delta. Most keep insisting i'm SEI.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That I'm even Delta. Most keep insisting i'm SEI.
    Oh, that's crap. I think you're definitely SLI Si subtype. That makes the most sense IMO. Don't you listen to them Luis. Stay away from the light!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that's crap. I think you're definitely SLI Si subtype. That makes the most sense IMO. Don't you listen to them Luis. Stay away from the light!

Yeah I just like to keep an open mind but SEI has never made sense for quite a few reasons. One of em being... well, I really hate talking about how I feel about things. I just like talking about how things are

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I just like to keep an open mind but SEI has never made sense for quite a few reasons. One of em being... well, I really hate talking about how I feel about things. I just like talking about how things are
    There ya go! But yeah, an open mind is good. But fwiw, that's my opinion. I also think the way you responded to my IEI vs IEE thread was telling in regards to duality. Fi>Fe. Anyway, there's my 2 cents. I could expand if you're interested in upgrading to 25 cents.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like one on one.

I totally feel this way. I much prefer one on one. Am I delta now?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There ya go! But yeah, an open mind is good. But fwiw, that's my opinion. I also think the way you responded to my IEI vs IEE thread was telling in regards to duality. Fi>Fe. Anyway, there's my 2 cents. I could expand if you're interested in upgrading to 25 cents.
    Naw I trust ya. I'd save that explanation for the next time someone suggests SEI in, oh, a week.

And seriously, Fi > Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Welcome home.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Nah, seriously. I don't think we're suggesting that only Deltas or particularly ENFps are the only ones to prefer one on one interactions. We are simply making a distinction between our comfort levels in a group setting. Someone that values Fe>Fi is more likely to feel comfortable in being involved in the dynamics of the "emotional atmosphere" of a group. Although I would expect most introverts to respond to it in a more quiet way, they are still more easily influenced by it and able to influence and contribute to it. This is my interpretation, anyway. We were also trying to explain why ENFps, as extroverts, often feel so introverted in group settings. INFps are introverts, so this is more expected.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Nah, seriously. I don't think we're suggesting that only Deltas or particularly ENFps are the only ones to prefer one on one interactions. We are simply making a distinction between our comfort levels in a group setting. Someone that values Fe>Fi is more likely to feel comfortable in being involved in the dynamics of the "emotional atmosphere" of a group. Although I would expect most introverts to respond to it in a more quiet way, they are still more easily influenced by it and able to influence and contribute to it. This is my interpretation, anyway. We were also trying to explain why ENFps, as extroverts, often feel so introverted in group settings. INFps are introverts, so this is more expected.
    yeah exactly. ENFp's can be quiet in groups in everything, but what distinguishes them from me is that they're more of the type to hunt me down if they see me not talking.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome home.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I was just joshin.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah exactly. ENFp's can be quiet in groups in everything, but what distinguishes them from me is that they're more of the type to hunt me down if they see me not talking.
    It's funny that you say that because I seem to always have an inclination to do this (seek out and talk to the person that is not talking). I've always been more intrigued by the quiet ones. It's like I want to figure out what they're thinking because they're not out there with it. I want to find out what's going on inside their head.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I was just joshin.
    I thought you probably were. Sometimes putting what I'm thinking into words helps clarify things for me, so I thought I'd give my opinion anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny that you say that because I seem to always have an inclination to do this (seek out and talk to the person that is not talking). I've always been more intrigued by the quiet ones. It's like I want to figure out what they're thinking because they're not out there with it. I want to find out what's going on inside their head.
    I think from now on that'll be a good tip off for ENFps.

If I ever find myself saying "Hey stop trying to get inside my head!"

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that does sound like ENFp. I like the quiet ones too but I'm MUCH less likely to go over and start talking to them. If they start talking to me though, I'm very intrigued and I end up feeling special that the "quiet" one singled me out.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha...I've had several people tell me this before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same here....

.....usually if i know they have something to say but can't squeeze it in ..in a gropup setting.....on second thought maybe its just an attempt to get myself to talk off of that stimulus....its funny how that works

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I see it, I think that ENFps would be the most likely candidate to get inside an ENTjs head.......just like ESFjs to get inside an ENFp head...

Anybody any opinions on this one....

You don't suppose that you are a particular subtype of ENTj do you?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Te ISTp is simply an ISTp who isn't confident in himself and needs extra attention. Same goes with an Fi ENFp. There is no such thing in this fucked up world as a sub-type.

And typeless wonder, if you're still hanging around you. Fuck you. Thanks for fucking around with my mind. I now know who I am.

For the rest of you doubters, ask Topaz.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's only usefull for distinguishing between the 8 F Types....because after all we are talking about a selective entity in F from the point of view of a conversation.

T is linear...you would have to use a different rule cause F is not embedded in the ego for T Types....thus not directly accessible for continuous assessment as is the case for an F Type. This method for F types is not entirely clear altogether though...so to add it to T Types---->Multiplying two sets of ambiguity does not lead to further clarity

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if you really want to grow as a person, it is important to leave this forum. Look at Topaz and IcEpIck. Where are they now? Probably gone off to a higher place.

There is a great sense of neediness here. Like. Hey! Come validate me!

As if.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    I think if you really want to grow as a person, it is important to leave this forum. Look at Topaz and IcEpIck. Where are they now? Probably gone off to a higher place.

As if.
    oooooooooooo... very true. Even though im doing it now!

- Voltaire

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. That's why my father said ex-communicate with those socionics people. And I'm like. What the pharque? And I was blasé.

What am I after all, but dust? I do not want to evolve. I'll let God do His job.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if.
    Remember that everyone's experience and reason for being here is not the same as yours. Some ppl are here for validation; other ppl are here b/c they actually want to learn about Socionics.

As to your earlier post, off-hand I can think of many reasons why someone would develop a subtype other than 'neediness.'

You suggest that there's a higher place... Sorry to say, but there's not a higher place for English-speakers who actually want to learn about Socionics... This is it. Peace

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right.

Btw I am, after all, not your dual.

And I was wrong, but it's always too late to apologize and so I won't.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if.
    This is true.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being here too long fucks with your brain.

Like cocaine.

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Dear everyone reading this,

I know that this subject has been done before, but I'm curious about how it applies in this specific instance: how do IEE and SLI subtypes undermine (or improve) IEE-SLI duality?

For example, is the sensory SLI subtype better-suited to the ethical IEE subtype?
    Accepting subtype SLI-s are better suited for accepting subtype IEE-i
    Producing subtype SLI-l are better suited for producing subtype IEE-e

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Accepting subtype SLI-s are better suited for accepting subtype IEE-i
    Producing subtype SLI-l are better suited for producing subtype IEE-e
    Can you explain why you think so? Thanks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast