Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ISTp-ENFp duality complementary subtypes (IEE-SLI)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one of each subtype - my ex was the Te. Aaaaaand... yeah, hit his polr and he turns into a brick wall. This is why his 'relationship' with the ENFj has lasted a grand total oooooofff.. 4 months. lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh!!

I hold a similar opinion about subtypes as Slackermom. Im not even sure what subtype i am with any certianty. There does seem to be something to the theory though as i think ive noticed both subtypes. Actually i would have guessed Jessica is a logcial type and Loki as a Sensory one if anything.

My old friend is a logical subtype. Hes a turbulent dude with a firery temper. When im with him hes quite unpredictable, deciding what he wants to do on a whim. Hes very handy though, knows how to fix shit. He knows little tricks like how to get the car started in the cold etc. I may actually like their emotional turbulence. He rang me the other day and after about 2 minutes was swearing his head off about how his mate only uses him for dope and hes always getting the dope for him. They are almost like a project to me.

Other ISTp i know is the sensory type. He just exudes calmness. His emotions are more stable. Hes also more socially aware and just plain better with people. Him and i never really argue, he will say "BULLSHIT" to me sometimes and we get into a little funny arguement but nothing really. I have the feeling though that if we did get into a spat, that would be it. It could be something to-do with trust levels though. As he has his own group of friends i am on the prerifery. The first ISTp ive been friends with for years and im more ingrained in his life whether we like it or not.

So in all honestly i have no idea which one is best for me. Logical subtypes are harder to deal with, they are a journey with their good points and bad points very polarised. I think i may like that more as im more acutely aware they need my help.
    Last edited by meatburger; 03-18-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Neither subtype stands out as more me. Both have stuff that rings true and both have stuff that I doubt applies.
    The Sensory subtype sounds like more fun ... but overall, the differences between the two seem kinda subtle. What use are the subtypes, anyway?
    my opinion is that the subtypes describe quantitative/continuous differences within the same type - so you could be anywhere on the line between the Si subtype and the Te subtype - including right in the middle, in which case you wouldn't be able to choose between the descriptions

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    my opinion is that the subtypes describe quantitative/continuous differences within the same type - so you could be anywhere on the line between the Si subtype and the Te subtype - including right in the middle, in which case you wouldn't be able to choose between the descriptions
    Yeah thats me! I just read them a second ago and i am smack bang in the middle of both of them.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Yeah thats me! I just read them a second ago and i am smack bang in the middle of both of them.
    dont worry man, we'd have fun.

<gets up at a subtypes anonymous meeting>
    Hi I'm Loki, and I'm a Si.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    dont worry man, we'd have fun.

<gets up at a subtypes anonymous meeting>
    Hi I'm Loki, and I'm a Si.
    Yeah. All ISTps are fun and unique snowflakes . You look fun just from your picture.

Hi I'm Tim and im an alcoholic
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting we have two marriages here that also go along with the (Ne ENFP + Si ISTP , and ENFP Fi + ISTP Te)..

BUT I'm confused. I thought that the Fi type would need a type more sensitive to their feelings, and it appears that Si ISTP is slightly more socially concerned than the Te, so wouldn't the ISTP Si match better with the ENFP Fi?

Or is this one of those things where "what you actually need is the opposite of what you think you need"?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    It's interesting we have two marriages here that also go along with the (Ne ENFP + Si ISTP , and ENFP Fi + ISTP Te)..

BUT I'm confused. I thought that the Fi type would need a type more sensitive to their feelings, and it appears that Si ISTP is slightly more socially concerned than the Te, so wouldn't the ISTP Si match better with the ENFP Fi?

Or is this one of those things where "what you actually need is the opposite of what you think you need"?
    I need an ENFp

- Voltaire

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, jewels--before this thread, I thought that the ethical ENFP would've preferred the Si-ISTp... Like you said, those two subtypes are more outgoing, and thus (I thought) would find each other more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I need an ENFp
    Could be doing with one of them myself

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to choose, I think I'd want a Si subtype. My understanding of s is that they're stuffy and traditional. Ugh. Besides, I love Si and exhibit certain Si characteristics. Let him go through the work of making things comfy, and I'll enjoy it immensely.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuffy?! On behalf of my brother, I'm incensed. OK, not really. But do you mean this literally - that you think all types with strong Te in their ego block are stuffy and traditional?

Heh. Strong Te. Sometimes I crack myself up. You'll have to know German to see the joke though.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    Stuffy?! On behalf of my brother, I'm incensed. OK, not really. But do you mean this literally - that you think all types with strong Te in their ego block are stuffy and traditional?

Heh. Strong Te. Sometimes I crack myself up. You'll have to know German to see the joke though.
    It's something someone (elsewhere) mentioned. If I am off-base, please enlighten me. I'd love to know.

Yes, I'm serious.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even my dual doesn't like me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't talk for all ISTps, just for my brother. He can appear stuffy as long as you don't know him and meet him only briefly, at work or in such a setting. It might depend on where he is and who he's with, because if he doesn't feel at ease, or if he's bored, he'll just clam up. If he's generally unhappy, he'll also withdraw into himself. But stuffy? Heck, no.

So it'll have to be: all Te persons bar one are stuffy and traditionalist.

EDITED TO ADD: ...bar two. Sorry, Jessica.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schr&#246;dinger's cat View Post
    I can't talk for all ISTps, just for my brother. He can appear stuffy as long as you don't know him and meet him only briefly, at work or in such a setting. It might depend on where he is and who he's with, because if he doesn't feel at ease, or if he's bored, he'll just clam up. If he's generally unhappy, he'll also withdraw into himself. But stuffy? Heck, no.

So it'll have to be: all Te persons bar one are stuffy and traditionalist.

Hm. If s like gathering facts, and s see possibilities, that could be good, too. Perhaps s could implement/map out 's ideas? could also contribute those fun, useless facts.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This subtype description is sounding a little emo-infpish. But it's accurate.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emo-infp? What do you mean?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post

Hm. If s like gathering facts, and s see possibilities, that could be good, too. Perhaps s could implement/map out 's ideas? could also contribute those fun, useless facts.
    I think ISTps are too lazy to implement other people's ideas*. I've got to do the legwork, sadly enough. But the ones I know are assets in brainstorming sessions, mainly because they help me cut through the tangle of (conflicting) possibilities.

*At first I thought I'd rephrase that because I don't want to sound offensive, but my husband is reading this as I write, and there was a decidedly self-satisfied laugh, so I'll leave it in.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ISTps are too lazy to implement other people's ideas*. I've got to do the legwork, sadly enough. But the ones I know are assets in brainstorming sessions, mainly because they help me cut through the tangle of (conflicting) possibilities.

*At first I thought I'd rephrase that because I don't want to sound offensive, but my husband is reading this as I write, and there was a decidedly self-satisfied laugh, so I'll leave it in.
    Maybe I oughta find a different type to date. I'm unmotivated as it is. However, the second point would be good.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the "emo" is because of the bits about clamming up and withdrawing into oneself? With my brother, it's more a case of:

Send out probe. Intelligent life y/n?
    Intelligent life = negative. Surroundings offer no data that is relevant to our projects.
    Abort mission. Go on standby mode in order to save energy.
    Leave.

Having said that, I'll add that the stereotype about "cold, emotionless" ISTps is a total myth. Perhaps there's a tendency to be rather choosy about what they reveal to whom.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the "emo" is because of the bits about clamming up and withdrawing into oneself? With my brother, it's more a case of:

Intelligent life = negative. Surroundings offer no data that is relevant to our projects.
    Leave.

Having said that, I'll add that the stereotype about "cold, emotionless" ISTps is a total myth. Perhaps there's a tendency to be rather choosy about what they reveal to whom.
    Sounds familiar. *nods* I could see that.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Even my dual doesn't like me.
    Lol we like you. You get my attention a lot because of your sad little soul lol. Your a handful Jessica but ENFp's dont mind that.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I'm quite fond of the Te-subtype ISTps.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol we like you. You get my attention a lot because of your sad little soul lol. Your a handful Jessica but ENFp's dont mind that.
    lol, well thanks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    lol, well thanks.
    Im a charmer. LOL
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-Cyclops

Im a charmer. LOL
    I'm learning by reading!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm learning by reading!
    Learning what?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning what?
    How "special" IEE's are
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-Cyclops

Learning what?
    How "special" IEE's are
    Each and every one of you is "unique" haha

And how to be a charmer just like our meat in a burger!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How "special" IEE's are

We need a bigger grin.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave.

step by step

- Voltaire

Creepy-Cyclops

Our weak Fe means we need to feel relaxed and trust the person before we'll open up

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our weak Fe means we need to feel relaxed and trust the person before we'll open up
    That's related to Fe? *has a strong suspicion what a friend of hers is now*
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's related to Fe? *has a strong suspicion what a friend of hers is now*
    I dont know about Fe, or if it's just us who feel that way, but it's true. If you're not relaxed, fuggetaboutit.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that compatibility among duals has more to do with wether they have things in common or not. If you both like cooking or both want to get (or stay) in shape, if you both like similar types of movies or music or like to hang out in certain places etc. youre going to have more to talk about than two people who are duals but have nothing in common. It also helps to have mutual friends.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally. Our kids owe their existence to Terry Pratchett, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, Herbert Rosendorfer and the 1998 World Cup.

With ENFps and ISTps - I'm thinking that it might also be important where and how you interact, because we both need to feel relaxed, at ease, and able to open up and goof around. What do you think? If an ENFp and an ISTp meet only in situations that make one of them go into emergency shutdown mode, there's one more potential love story gone down the drain.

EDITED TO ADD: ...duh. Everyone's like that to some extent. But my hunch is that stressed out ISTps and ENFps can clam up very thoroughly.
    Last edited by schrödinger's cat; 03-14-2008 at 11:23 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But my hunch is that stressed out ISTps and ENFps can clam up very thoroughly.
    Yes.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second Tereg.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ENFp-Ne, and my husband is ISTp-Si. My brother is ISTp-Te. We fit the subtype descriptions. If subtypes don't exist, this could be coincidental.

My brother and I didn't get along when we were teenagers. It took a while before that changed. Now we're fine. I'm sometimes still finding it difficult, though. My husband is calmer, and he tries to put people at ease and to be considerate and polite, so I find it easier to get along with him.
    This ìs pretty much my experience with SLIs. Te subtypes are quite annoying at times.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast