Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: wtf

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default wtf

    mcnew are you insane? just because you can't get your uber-fanatical head out of your fucking ass doesn't mean you are justified in giving me a warning for absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever. you have got to get your fucking moderating powers waaaay the fuck away from anything to do with religion, because clearly your judgment is clouded by your being a braindead christian fundamentalist asshole sticking his head in the ground and licking his own shit

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    improve your goddam spelling too.

  3. #3
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Keep it. It adds character.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Keep it. It adds character.
    all the more reason to get rid of it; i can't have those fucking braindead idiots meandering around this forum thinking i'm a nice guy.

  5. #5
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wouldn't they think the opposite? Think of it as the forum-dork's version of street cred.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  6. #6
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I reported the post because there were hundreds of emoticons which caused flood. I thought and still think I was doing the right thing. That doesn't have anything with religion.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enjio


    Moderator vs niffweed

    Round 1:
    niffweed dies
    at last; krypta, end my tormented existence!


    (+2.317 to anyone who gets this. it's rather obscure. or maybe not; idk)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I reported the post because there were hundreds of emoticons which caused flood. I thought and still think I was doing the right thing.
    then fuck your ass.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Wouldn't they think the opposite? Think of it as the forum-dork's version of street cred.
    that's the beta dork's version of street cred; i don't care about them. the LIIs make up 90% of the population of this forum, and consequently 95% of the idiots. its those im worried about.

  10. #10
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    warned for using emoticons... lol!

  11. #11
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    warned for using emoticons... lol!
    Putting 500-600 emoticons can slow down page loading severely... Especially for those who have low bandwidth...

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    mcnew are you insane? just because you can't get your uber-fanatical head out of your fucking ass doesn't mean you are justified in giving me a warning for absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever. you have got to get your fucking moderating powers waaaay the fuck away from anything to do with religion, because clearly your judgment is clouded by your being a braindead christian fundamentalist asshole sticking his head in the ground and licking his own shit
    Hmm, I have the feeling I could say whatever I want about Christianity and McNew would not warn me. He must not like you.

    Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to request my own warning, with the following attachment added to the warning: "don't joke about aids in africa"

    Thank you.

  13. #13
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's not true. Modern browsers use cache and unless you're using 600 different images you don't need to load them 600 times. You can slow down a bit due to memory and processor bottlenecks, but not so much either.

    And, please, stop threatening us with "terrorist" activities.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  14. #14
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  15. #15
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Mcnew is fickle. He won't ever make sense.
    that's why we love him so much :wink:

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was a bit excessive, and it lagged down my browser. () But I don't think a WARNING is necessary.

  17. #17
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tempral
    It was a bit excessive, and it lagged down my browser. (). But I don't think a WARNING is necessary.
    Sid Barret is the shit :wink:

  18. #18
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    That's not true. Modern browsers use cache and unless you're using 600 different images you don't need to load them 600 times. You can slow down a bit due to memory and processor bottlenecks, but not so much either.

    And, please, stop threatening us with "terrorist" activities.
    I'm using the last version of Firefox, and it did lag to me.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, but an official warning is not necessary right?
    o.O lol.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  20. #20
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO, post should have been moderated into:

    "
    EDIT by MODERATOR: I removed a gazillion emoticons, because it slowed down computers. Bigger amount of emoticons does not give a bigger emotion. 3 identical emoticons in a row is even enough for a dramatic effect. Please post less emoticons at a time. "

    A real warning was too much. Warnings are given too easily and they have lost their effect in this forum. People who get warned can not be used as an example of bad behavior, because people get warned for silly reasons (or by request if they can't control their attention-whoring and want their name flagged for everyone to see).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  21. #21
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, I agree with Kristiina. That would have been the best action.

    And those emoticons slowed me down, too. It was unnecessary.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  22. #22
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    how many emoticons are we talking about here? I've seen Niffweed post pi out to like 5000 digits so I could see where he might go a little overboard with the emoticons... still though, it's so bugging people that they complain about it just edit his post down to a few and leave it at that. I don't see the need for a warning. (I also don't see the need to bitch about getting one, it's not like they really matter)

    was it as bad as this?

    (on a side note... this is just the sort of random act of moderation that we needed to get things really moving again! keep up the great work Mcnew! :wink: )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •