TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jeff Buckley

I find this guy really interesting to watch in interviews:

Last edited by Animal; 05-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the way he talks and acts around a camera is basically identical to the way you do. VI checks out, as do these ideas about people being "eternal" and the mystic undertones of what he talks about. I'd say IEI is a pretty safe bet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of Ni shit.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... actually I was thinking ISTp for some reason - he has those drunk Si movements and eyes. He reminds me of James Dean a little.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw, INxx for sure.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his toenail has a value of 36 diopters, thus he is clearly SLE.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    his toenail has a value of 36 diopters, thus he is clearly SLE.
    ^ Well I'm convinced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was an ISTp after looking at photographs a long time ago. I think artists seem like INxx types because they, by nature, say strange/spiritual things and this is misconstrued as Ni. The question is whether their spiritual rants are a reality to them, or something created by the external, expected idea of an artist. I have no idea what to think in Buckley's case. But personally, he doesn't really demonstrate a well-oiled Ni. His Ni(if that's what that is) is not thought provoking or something he understands through and through. This leads me to think he is not an Ni type.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought INxx because of his timidity and feathery voice. Almost no projection at all (similar, as I said, to Auvi, but more extreme in this sense).
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so he sounds like Michael Jackson. I agree with heath, though, in that I have a hard time seeing him as a Ni type. He seems to be talking about Ni, rather than with Ni. I don't see any similarity between me and him, but I think what you might be picking up on is actually just Ip temperament?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Okay, so he sounds like Michael Jackson. I agree with heath, though, in that I have a hard time seeing him as a Ni type. He seems to be talking about Ni, rather than with Ni. I don't see any similarity between me and him, but I think what you might be picking up on is actually just Ip temperament?
    i thought the IP temperament was the sort of loose lazy body language like he has, not dominance, necessarily. aren't most IP's sort of limp-wristed?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, Ips tend to be sort of twitchy as opposed to limp-wristed. Ips tend to have a stronger focus on their hands, which they tend to fumble around with in front of them when talking.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, nah, he's 100% IEI. Stop fooling yourselves, folks!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    In my experience, Ips tend to be sort of twitchy as opposed to limp-wristed. Ips tend to have a stronger focus on their hands, which they tend to fumble around with in front of them when talking.
    INFps are the worst for being nervous but it's sort of endearing.

-IPs--like in heathie's video you mean? buckley is the most IP-IP i have seen as of late.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, well, I mean compare Buckley to Dean (yeah, I know it's scripted and fake and he's kinda channeling Brando):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7u8bA_L6yU[/youtube]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's got that slumped-down-in-his-chair ISTp thing!

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That, and something in the way he seems to distract himself with that lasso or the space in front of him and then reemerges each time he answers the guy's questions that reminds me of Buckley.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Lol, nah, he's 100% IEI. Stop fooling yourselves, folks!
    Yeah.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW i still think he's INFp as well, not ISTp. he reminds me of the INFp professor i had my internship with. he had those "lazy" sort of -seeming movements, but he was not dominant.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah, I give up. INFp it is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think your identical can freak you out sometimes.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally. I have the hardest time recognizing them; they're all so variable. Then there's also this: "Oh God. I'm not like THAT, am I?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahaha. I know an INFp girl who is a lot like him. Lots of pauses to think and say deep things. Good gal. absolutely crazy.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied

-IPs--like in heathie's video you mean? buckley is the most IP-IP i have seen as of late.
    heathie this and heathie that, i like you/.
    asd

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of looks like James Franco, who I've heard is Fi-ESI. Buckley has more of a singer's jaw.

Love this song:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have trouble identifying my identical to and I think I know why.

We never see I selves in third person. I thinks that the main reason why.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff is insanely beautiful. Good example of a sexy IEI male. He's beyond that though, he's ethereal in his beauty... =*[ So lovely, so lovely.

I adore the entirety of Grace but am partial to Lover, You Should've Come Over

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    I do think Buckley is INFp, but I can understand thinking he's SLI for one reason: he looks like a wolf, and ISTps can really seem like wolves.
    Yeah too bad they don't have the same chromosomes as ESFjs!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this thread. I edited the OP to fix the broken links from six years ago.

For some reason, I don't trust typings on this forum from before 2009 or after 2011, but I think Buckley works as IEI.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy was almost too good to be true.

IEI seems okay to me. He seems introverted. I know the image (below) of introverted vs. extroverted faces is extreme and weird-looking, but it's Evidence Day. If you think of the faces as representing the extremes, his face is probably closer to the introverted side, with a recessed gaze and somewhat dulled-down, quiet eyes.

IP temperament works. His body language is ridiculously fluid. Here he looks like a series of curves:

The Cherry-pickin' Quotes Game:

"Music was like my first real toy. I was an only child for a while, and I was alone a lot of the time - and I liked it. I still like being alone." possible introversion

“If you feel blocked, do not turn to others, but look inside, in silence, for the enemy of your progress.” possible introversion

"Then I got really into tunings and that’s how I found my cornucopia. I use loads of tunings and that’s where you get different and interesting tonalitites whilst still being guitar-ish, and simultaneously creating texture and drama.” overtly mentions drama, and his singing is full of throbbing emotion and builds up tremendous drama, why not be stereotypical and say it's ?

“I’m convinced that the guitar must have been invented in a bar by some drunken Spaniard, some guy who’d just been kicked out of his house. . . . It’s a beautifully chaotic instrument.” quotation begins with a dramatic metaphor, let's say it's + , as for "beautifully chaotic," his music swirls and is full of dissonance and looseness and fractured structures, let's say it's irrational.

“Relentless, endless joy peaking into tears, resting in calmness, a simmering beauty. If you let yourself listen with the whole of yourself, you will have the pure feeling of flight while firmly rooted to the ground. Your soul can fly outward, stringed to your ribcage like a shimmering kite in the shape of an open hand. Be still and listen to the evidence of your own holiness.” okay, let's call this and with some role

“The thing is that I also like to have lyrics that are inclusive, that give you space to be inside them, to put your experience on to them, so that they can move through other moments.”

“There’s a way of writing where you just include all the streets around your house and all the people you meet. You actually name them autobiographically in the song. Well, that song is very hard to travel through time. It may not last in its meaning. It may not touch every time because those people and events fade away and they may mean something to your life and your understanding of that life. I like things to be more universal. It’s a balance between…Obviously it’s got to grab some skin from me.”

“I like the way that songs sort of have light, and sort of travel around despite you. It’s good. It helps to have songs that you love, that you can be inside. It’s good. It’s part of the invention.”

“On the outside of that you can say that I find great joy in the things that are sad. That’s the way emotions are in people. They fall down on you and there’s no way to get out, except to go through it. There’s no way you can control it, there’s no essay you can write to answer yourself out of it. It just soaks you like the rain. There’s nothing you can do. Then it’s gone and then another comes around. But tears are not all I deal with. I’ll leave that to the next album.” Talking about emotions again, described in metaphor, and work

“I made the audience a part of the music like they were samples on a record.” this in reference to a live album, and I'm pretty sure he's talking the audience's presence and energy, and how he engaged with that, rather than just the sounds of them clinking bottles or clapping between songs, therefore: +

“We are spirits and the whole tension is that we don’t know that we are. Yet music is able to touch this.”

Dreams. I have notebooks everywhere I go. I’m always day dreaming. Or things that happen to me…It’s just about being alive, my songs. It’s about the voice carrying much more information than words do.” the daydreaming notebook people are pretty stereotypically

“We are born to live, we are born to understand, we are born to carry a cursed pattern and be transformed by pain.” noting generational patterns -

“Emblems of marriage, the touch of her tongue on the roof of the mouth is enough of a seal.” metaphorical, freely associative, "seal" is the language of prophecy -

“I am a man enclosed in quotation marks, ever since I took a drink of you.” a very meta metaphor -