Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VI this girl I teach yoga with

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    So quick to judge...
    They were observations which need to be checked by rockclimber, not judgements. They were crudely put, and insulting, but still observations based on her appearance. Perhaps if I would have said, "She seems like a cunt because..," instead of, "she is a cunt," I would have won your moral support. Please consider my observations regardless of how I apply their makeup. And so what If i find what she offers in these photos disagreeable? Since when do I have to like everyone? I'm not going to burn her house down, and will never directly harm her by playfully mocking my perception of her.

If I would have said, "She seems like a girl interested in status symbols. She wears expensive clothes. She seems of average intelligence. She seems like the kind of girl who gets by on her looks alone. etc," would I have made the cut? Anyhow, this girl will live. Hell, I may have to bite the bullet if she shows up(it's happened before!). And I will.

Funny story: Yesterday my friends and I were playing frisbee golf and a guy was playing through. He makes a poor shot and say, "Well that's pretty much the worst thing ever." I said, "yeah, it was much worse than the holocaust." He didn't laugh--I think he thinks that I was thinking that what I thought about and said was supposed to be something he was to think an insult. He didn't laugh. I bit the bullet, but you know, I was right. He was way offbase-- the nerve a that jerk!

Also, implied, there are SO MANY ESFPs out there that some of them must embody the traits I mentioned, ESPECIALLY with Se as a leading function. So unpack your bags-- this girl only seems to taint the sample.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    So quick to judge...
    They were observations which need to be checked by rockclimber, not judgements. They were crudely put, and insulting, but still observations based on her appearance. Perhaps if I would have said, "She seems like a cunt because..," instead of, "she is a cunt," I would have won your moral support. Please consider my observations regardless of how I apply their makeup. And so what If i find what she offers in these photos disagreeable? Since when do I have to like everyone? I'm not going to burn her house down, and will never directly harm her by playfully mocking my perception of her.

If I would have said, "She seems like a girl interested in status symbols. She wears expensive clothes. She seems of average intelligence. She seems like the kind of girl who gets by on her looks alone. etc," would I have made the cut? Anyhow, this girl will live. Hell, I may have to bite the bullet if she shows up(it's happened before!). And I will.

Funny story: Yesterday my friends and I were playing frisbee golf and a guy was playing through. He makes a poor shot and say, "Well that's pretty much the worst thing ever." I said, "yeah, it was much worse than the holocaust." He didn't laugh--I think he thinks that I was thinking that what I thought about and said was supposed to be something he was to think an insult. He didn't laugh. I bit the bullet, but you know, I was right. He was way offbase-- the nerve a that jerk!

Also, implied, there are SO MANY ESFPs out there that some of them must embody the traits I mentioned, ESPECIALLY with Se as a leading function. So unpack your bags-- this girl only seems to taint the sample.
    asd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me heath, how does one determine a person's intelligence from photographs?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me heath, how does one determine a person's intelligence from photographs?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. I look at her face, and appearance, and from this I create a mental image. I then manipulate this mental image in my head. Try to imagine scenarios in which I could see this girl, what she says amongst her friends. I also am reminded of acquaintances who remind me of this girl. It's not science. haven't you ever looked at a person and thought, "wow this person is an idiot, I don't think I could rely on him for anything, not even simple tasks?" I don't think this girl is too dumb to tie her shoes, but I don't think she could understand complex science, or even develop an interest. And that makes me think she is stupid. And by that definition, she isn't stupid. And of course, I don't even think she is stupid. the pictures of her make her look stupid to me. She could be completely different in person. Photographs, they'll get ya.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. I look at her face, and appearance, and from this I create a mental image. I then manipulate this mental image in my head. Try to imagine scenarios in which I could see this girl, what she says amongst her friends. I also am reminded of acquaintances who remind me of this girl. It's not science. haven't you ever looked at a person and thought, "wow this person is an idiot, I don't think I could rely on him for anything, not even simple tasks?" I don't think this girl is too dumb to tie her shoes, but I don't think she could understand complex science, or even develop an interest. And that makes me think she is stupid. And by that definition, she isn't stupid. And of course, I don't even think she is stupid. the pictures of her make her look stupid to me. She could be completely different in person. Photographs, they'll get ya.
    asd

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, i also thought esfj. Looks like peggy fleming, too.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, i also thought esfj. Looks like peggy fleming, too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still interesting how heath can rub me the wrong way by saying casual things.

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Well. I look at her face, and appearance, and from this I create a mental image. I then manipulate this mental image in my head. Try to imagine scenarios in which I could see this girl, what she says amongst her friends. I also am reminded of acquaintances who remind me of this girl. It's not science. haven't you ever looked at a person and thought, "wow this person is an idiot, I don't think I could rely on him for anything, not even simple tasks?"
    Giving this kind of judgement is more Fe than Te for sure. But oh well. ISFps and ISTps are equal in their skill to rub me the wrong way.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still interesting how heath can rub me the wrong way by saying casual things.

Well. I look at her face, and appearance, and from this I create a mental image. I then manipulate this mental image in my head. Try to imagine scenarios in which I could see this girl, what she says amongst her friends. I also am reminded of acquaintances who remind me of this girl. It's not science. haven't you ever looked at a person and thought, "wow this person is an idiot, I don't think I could rely on him for anything, not even simple tasks?"
    Giving this kind of judgement is more Fe than Te for sure. But oh well. ISFps and ISTps are equal in their skill to rub me the wrong way.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

Somehow that sounds like some form of aristocracy. But Kristiina...you say that kind of things too :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

Somehow that sounds like some form of aristocracy. But Kristiina...you say that kind of things too :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the girl in the picture: Apparently SF. Not likely ISFj. I can't figure out reliably between ESFj, ISFp, ESFp. My first thought was "ISFp" so I guess it points more to Alpha SF than Gamma SF but you can't reliably rule out ESFp for her because those pics are posed (and the faces don't look natural to me but a bit forced).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the girl in the picture: Apparently SF. Not likely ISFj. I can't figure out reliably between ESFj, ISFp, ESFp. My first thought was "ISFp" so I guess it points more to Alpha SF than Gamma SF but you can't reliably rule out ESFp for her because those pics are posed (and the faces don't look natural to me but a bit forced).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heath = fi se
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heath = fi se

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's ESFj too. I know ESFjs who make that expression - it seems very expressive and Fe-ish. And yoga teaching is potentially an Si-ish thing to do. Not much information but what there is seems to point to Fe and Si.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's ESFj too. I know ESFjs who make that expression - it seems very expressive and Fe-ish. And yoga teaching is potentially an Si-ish thing to do. Not much information but what there is seems to point to Fe and Si.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know both Se and Fe dominant people who are into status symbols, but not every person who values Se, and not every person who values Fe, seems to be like that. And people of other types might get into that status thing too for different reasons. And then, some people want to appear successful but they don't need "stuff" to do that. It might depend in part on self-confidence. Like if you're confident, you don't need status symbols to show who you are, but if you aren't confident you might rely on them. The people I know of any type who rely on status symbols seem to generally be less confident.

I don't think you can say "this person likes status symbols therefore this person is . . . " or even "this person isn't into status symbols therefore this person is . . . "
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know both Se and Fe dominant people who are into status symbols, but not every person who values Se, and not every person who values Fe, seems to be like that. And people of other types might get into that status thing too for different reasons. And then, some people want to appear successful but they don't need "stuff" to do that. It might depend in part on self-confidence. Like if you're confident, you don't need status symbols to show who you are, but if you aren't confident you might rely on them. The people I know of any type who rely on status symbols seem to generally be less confident.

I don't think you can say "this person likes status symbols therefore this person is . . . " or even "this person isn't into status symbols therefore this person is . . . "
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree. I know an ESFp-ENTj couple, and the ESFp kept asking the ENTj why he didn't spend more money on clothes (since he could afford it) - "do you want others to think you're poor?" I think it can be part of Se focus, to make an impression of power.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree. I know an ESFp-ENTj couple, and the ESFp kept asking the ENTj why he didn't spend more money on clothes (since he could afford it) - "do you want others to think you're poor?" I think it can be part of Se focus, to make an impression of power.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I think ESFp, or at least an Se type. She seems like she's a status symbol sort of gal. Look at those clothes! jesus! could you be more wasteful with your money? It would definitely be a challenge! and one she's probably even up for!!!
    What does that have to do with Se? Status symbols and such sound more like Fe to me.
    i wanted to attribute this more to as well. although i think an ESFp could certainly question why i haven't bought a car in forever or why i would take a bike instead of drive or bla bla bla.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se=power; status symbol=power; Se=status symbol

I know the second part of the equation is questionable (I don't agree with it) but taking a general perispective then yes, many people will think as more powerful somebody that has status symbols to signify so

peeersonally i am anti status symbol. not only i don't buy them, but i go my way to personalize my clothing in such a way to make fun of them

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- 3 pages of posts based on, what, 5 or 6 photos?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    -- 3 pages of posts based on, what, 5 or 6 photos?
    None of which pointed out how cute I think she is...lol
    There, now it's been said. Carry on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESFp, or at least an Se type. She seems like she's a status symbol sort of gal. Look at those clothes! jesus! could you be more wasteful with your money? It would definitely be a challenge! and one she's probably even up for!!!
    She is definitely a status symbol girl. Life is her stage. She wastes all of her money (most of which is given to her by her parents) on clothes. She doesn't know how not to be the center of attention (she drives a bright yellow car, for goodness sakes). She doesn't understand the concept of "work." Won't do anything for anyone else unless she is going to get something out of it. Is extremely jealous of all other girls, without reason.

she's an idiot who wastes money and gets by on her looks. And isn't really that funny. She probably talks about how expensive things are great all the time. Can rockclimber verify this?
    I don't know if I'd call her an idiot, but she isn't bright. Clothing is definitely one of her favorite topics of conversation.

EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber
    She is definitely a status symbol girl. Life is her stage. She wastes all of her money (most of which is given to her by her parents) on clothes. She doesn't know how not to be the center of attention (she drives a bright yellow car, for goodness sakes). She doesn't understand the concept of "work." Won't do anything for anyone else unless she is going to get something out of it. Is extremely jealous of all other girls, without reason.

she's an idiot who wastes money and gets by on her looks. And isn't really that funny. She probably talks about how expensive things are great all the time. Can rockclimber verify this?
    I don't know if I'd call her an idiot, but she isn't bright. Clothing is definitely one of her favorite topics of conversation.

ESFj. this topic has got to be everything that is wrong with the world right now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    How often does she bring up sexuality or sexual jokes?
    One of the few times I hung out with her, she didn't hesitate to bring out a book of sex positions and dicsuss the likelyhood of her being able to get into them. I had just met her, definitely not something I wanted to talk about. We don't really talk too much, though, so I couldn't say.
    EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now seeing ENFj > ESFj.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still say ESFj, generally.

reminds me of this one.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow that guy looks exactly like auvi

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    everyone looks like auvi lately! i don't see it.

i could see ENFj if solely because of how she dresses. it's still not my dual!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    everyone looks like auvi lately! i don't see it.

i could see ENFj if solely because of how she dresses. it's still not my dual!
    ahhaha, well, he looks like him in the last video he made

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wth, I look nothing like him! I've been getting really offbeat comparisons - Perry Farell, Justin Timberlake (MsK??), and now this guy, lol.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast