Thread: Beta types sensitive to people analyzing their psychology behind their backs

Hybrid View

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta types sensitive to people analyzing their psychology behind their backs

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

2. Beta Quadra

Subdued elements:
    The Beta Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of earthiness, pronounced pragmatism, emotional indifference, and people who analyze their psychology and motives behind their backs.
    Can some betas explain this bit to me?

*discusses their psychology to their faces/screens*

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm Beta and I don't get that either.

I do it all the time.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably applies more to Beta STs, as a manifestation of the NeFi Superego. The way I see it is, if you ask an ISTj why they, for instance, feel that someone deserves punishment, they will write it off (being a Ti type) as merely the natural consequence of the other person's behavior, and (being an Se type) will say that the other is not doing what they are *supposed to* do, and if they don't like it, that's their problem.

If you push it and say no, you're really doing this because you're insecure, and it has nothing to do with natural consequences - then they will most likely clam up, as it is a sensitive point. At least this is how it is IME.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne+Fi in the superego= paranoia about what other people think of the way you behave (Fi) so any judgement of behaviour which is not done overtly and directly will be automatically cathegorized as being on the negative side.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Ne+Fi in the superego= paranoia about what other people think of the way you behave (Fi) so any judgement of behaviour which is not done overtly and directly will be automatically cathegorized as being on the negative side.
    Very true. My two ISTj best friends worry a lot about this actually.. I always try and tell them, "who cares?!" but obviously they do ..

Off topic but how does Si Te in the superego show itself in ENFjs + INFps?

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind you own business.

I do it all the time.
    Stop it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, fear of revolt against the person. Beta STs often occupy leadership roles even if they aren't the boss, and given this they don't like indirect confrontation and scheming. It's not always an ethic judgement. They are very afraid of people scheming to knock them from their position of power. This is why they make such good dictators.
    asd

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. This is also something I'd be interested in. Naturally. That's because I'm interested in myself. I'm such a self-amorous bugger, but I love you all the same.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Also, fear of revolt against the person. Beta STs often occupy leadership roles even if they aren't the boss, and given this they don't like indirect confrontation and scheming. It's not always an ethic judgement. They are very afraid of people scheming to knock them from their position of power. This is why they make such good dictators.
    Ah...makes sense, but I've never felt this way. If people don't want me to be the leader, then I could very well go back to mind my own business

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default analyze their psychology behind their backs

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

2. Beta Quadra

Subdued elements:
    The Beta Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of earthiness, pronounced pragmatism, emotional indifference, and people who analyze their psychology and motives behind their backs.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm Beta and I don't get that either.

I do it all the time.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably applies more to Beta STs, as a manifestation of the NeFi Superego. The way I see it is, if you ask an ISTj why they, for instance, feel that someone deserves punishment, they will write it off (being a Ti type) as merely the natural consequence of the other person's behavior, and (being an Se type) will say that the other is not doing what they are *supposed to* do, and if they don't like it, that's their problem.

If you push it and say no, you're really doing this because you're insecure, and it has nothing to do with natural consequences - then they will most likely clam up, as it is a sensitive point. At least this is how it is IME.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true. My two ISTj best friends worry a lot about this actually.. I always try and tell them, "who cares?!" but obviously they do ..

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind you own business.

I do it all the time.
    Stop it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asd

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. This is also something I'd be interested in. Naturally. That's because I'm interested in myself. I'm such a self-amorous bugger, but I love you all the same.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Ah...makes sense, but I've never felt this way. If people don't want me to be the leader, then I could very well go back to mind my own business