Thread: do IEIs/INFps enjoy mind games?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default do IEIs/INFps enjoy mind games?

Do INFp's enjoy playing with people's minds just because they can?

Can they even do so?

And if yes,

Do they get a sense of fun out of doing so,

or a sense of soul-withering guilt?

This is an honest question.

No brain destroying loops encrypted.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elbow tchaikovsky freezer burn
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    An honest answer:

No one can fuck with your mind but yourself.
    People always say this but... people can make you fuck with your own mind surely. That’s pretty much how torcher techniques work; they just need to find the right trigger. And I just don’t think you can blank sore spots out of mind just by wishing them away that easily.
    So they are still fucking with your mind.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Baby.

Most people, however, are reluctant to take accountability for their own states, and prefer the comfort of being the victim to someone else's influences. AKA "dependence".
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define "playing with people's minds". How so?

A sense of fun or a sense of guilt kind of depends on how the mind is being "played" with. To me "playing" would be without harm, so there would be nothing to be guilty about.

Playing with people's minds and playing with people's emotions, however, are two totally different things.
    The latter brings me guilt and I can't bring myself to do so.

If you're referring to manipulation, it's not a matter or wether I can or can't, but wether I feel it's right to do so (generally... not). In most cases I feel I have would potentially have the ability, but I always lead with my heart in front of my head. If I ever do manipulate, it's always for a well-intentioned pupose, not a "practical" one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the one hand certain types, especially those in delta quadra, may remark that INFps do "manipulate" others. On the other hand the term 'manipulate' carries a negative connotation in our society.... replace manipulate with "influence" and it's a whole other word. It's important to separate appearance and reality. Like certain types may feel INFps are purposely manipulating them, but, at least in my case, I don't do this with any malicious intent. Like sometimes I may play the devil's advocate in a heated debate - someone that finds the topic to be sensitive may discern my position as insensitive and take offense - especially to the fact that I'd argue something I don't even truly believe in... In reality however I'm not trying to 'fuck' with them, rather I'm taking that position because I have a genuine interest in learning more about the opinion/viewpoint of the person I'm debating with. Thus while to someone it may appear I'm being malicious the reality is that I'm doing the opposite and merely being misunderstood.

If I feel hurt or threatened by someone I will mope and bemoan how I've been hurt and maybe bitch and complain about but VERY rarely will I ever do something with the intention of hurting them back. The only time I will ever contemplate and act in a malicious manner is if I feel someone is threatening someone I care about - because if they hurt someone I care about they are indirectly hurting my relations to that person and that is enough to make me incensed to the point of feeling justified to making a preemptive strike.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I agree Baby.

Most people, however, are reluctant to take accountability for their own states, and prefer the comfort of being the victim to someone else's influences. AKA "dependence".
    I think that taking one of the two extreme stances - either complete victimhood or complete accountability for one own's states - are both logically incorrect propositions. Complete accountability implies that every action of ours do not influence the outside world. It's impossible to say that when we interact with another human being the result is not a change in states of both the subjects of interaction. Even on a subconscious level this happens. Socionics actually deals with this, and thus stating such thing as a fact on this forum is even stranger. Take into account for example how supervisory relations are able to enact a feeling of nervousness in the supervisee even by standing in the nearbies of the supervisor. This obviously modifies chemicals in the brain and thus we cannot be considered "fully accountable" for the state we are in. Surely we can get away from the person, but there will still be a reminescence.
    Shortly, I think your perispective is one of an introvert.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with baby.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!