TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Gamma and Revenge Fantasies

Do you have revenge fantasies?
    I know it is not a good thing to do but I do fantasize sometimes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to dream about torturing and murdering people who did even very little wrong to me. That was my teenage years.

Now I'm more instantly reactive and do or say sth back right at that point, so I dont feel a need to fantasize on such stuff later.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Do you have revenge fantasies?
    I know it is not a good thing to do but I do fantasize sometimes.
    My revenge fantasies are more sociopathic than psychopathic. Instead of harming individuals, I see cities on fire, collapsing buildings, laser beams scything through the smoke, and I hear the screams of the citizens fleeing in panic for safety. But there is no safety. There is only death, destruction, extinguishment and extermination. Blood on the ground and dust in their mouths. Blind eyes seeing what we will all eventually come to know.

I'm not sure if these visions are the reason why I ended up as a weapons designer, rather than a tame Astrophysicist, but they could be. Alternatively, I could be like L. Prosser; a direct male-line descendant of Genghis Khan. Two of my four grandparents were from Prague, so it's not impossible.

I should point out one thing. I associate my gut-level feelings, my knee-jerk reactions, with conservatism (and possibly being enneagram 8w7), but I am intentionally a liberal, and consequently, I pause. I wait. I reflect, before I act on my feelings, always. Because I'm human and not an animal.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idol View Post
    I used to dream about torturing and murdering people who did even very little wrong to me. That was my teenage years.

Now I'm more instantly reactive and do or say sth back right at that point, so I dont feel a need to fantasize on such stuff later.
    It's good to let it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My revenge fantasies are more sociopathic than psychopathic. Instead of harming individuals, I see cities on fire, collapsing buildings, laser beams scything through the smoke, and I hear the screams of the citizens fleeing in panic for safety. But there is no safety. There is only death, destruction, extinguishment and extermination. Blood on the ground and dust in their mouths. Blind eyes seeing what we will all eventually come to know.

I'm not sure if these visions are the reason why I ended up as a weapons designer, rather than a tame Astrophysicist, but they could be. Alternatively, I could be like L. Prosser; a direct male-line descendant of Genghis Khan. Two of my four grandparents were from Prague, so it's not impossible.

I should point out one thing. I associate my gut-level feelings, my knee-jerk reactions, with conservatism (and possibly being enneagram 8w7), but I am intentionally a liberal, and consequently, I pause. I wait. I reflect, before I act on my feelings, always. Because I'm human and not an animal.
    I like seeing destruction in movies and animated films, but not in real life. It just feels so good if it's to end some bad people or no one at all, just the institution.
    My fantasies are more long term, like some major bad news for the people that I don't like who end up regretting having been shit, like they get to suffer the consequences.
    And I also have fantasies for a better time but it's less vivid.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Success is the best revenge. Would you rather be arrested for getting revenge or would you rather be successful like Oprah? People might mildly hate the petty vengeful criminal but deep down everybody really hates Oprah. Success is always the best revenge.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes, but it's a more holistic experience than most would imagine.

Most would not be wrong in imagining us Gamma types as the most revenge focused. "The Complex of Tied Hands" rings true for a reason. Wrong our kind in a major way and you've likely signed on to being an antagonist in a "Count of Monte Cristo"-esque scenario. We are Edmond Dantes, and you are the poor poor motherfucker who had the misfortune of not killing us when you had the chance while falsely believing that "Château D'if" was utterly inescapable.

However, for me, the prospect of making you live with the consequences of your failure to stop me is more enticing. I constantly complain of our current ruling elite. Their sinfulness, their pure, manifest, abject evil and malice in every way one could possibly imagine. Yet for my "perfect" revenge fantasy I'd let them live. Alone on an island isolated from all of humanity save themselves to be sure, but my revenge would be letting them see how much better off everyone else on the planet is without them.

To see the likes of Claus Schwab, Bill Gates, Every Race Grifter, Communist, Malevolent Heretic, Tinpot dictator, etc. reduced to impotent rage banging against the bars of their well deserved prison as we, the "inferior" caste who have not the "Gnosis" they believed themselves to have and us to lack, so rapidly advance thanks to them no longer holding us back. For we, the great unwashed and filthy peasant class, to colonize the stars without their vile degenerate hands overseeing and guiding the process according to their own twisted desires as they behold the beauty and glory they would have denied our entire species for the sake of their own Satanic Pride.

They say the best revenge is living well. It's only revenge if they are forced to see it with their own eyes. There are fates far worse than death. For the truly narcissistic or psychopathic, such a thing is quite easy to inflict upon them. Simply live. Live better without them in your or anyone else's life. That's true vengeance. That's the ultimate revenge fantasy one ought to work towards actualizing in this reality.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only seek revenge on those who truly wrong me for no reason. In that case I can be quite relentless, but it's something that happens rarely, maybe 3-4 times in my life. The point is, I don't want them to wrong me anymore - just a pre emptive strike.
    Last edited by FDG; 01-29-2024 at 08:46 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTx 5w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have definitely calmed down now, but I was a bit of a menace when I was younger.

As a very small child I had no confidence and was very clingy to the few people at my school who I actually felt somewhat comfortable around, mostly this one girl my age. This girl really hated me, and so to try and shake me off she would humiliate me in front of other people. I remember I used to have these vivid and somewhat erotic revenge fantasies about her that looking back on now, as a straight woman who is in no way a sadist.. Around that age I used to also have daydreams where I would imagine myself being accidentally killed by my brother and him having to live with the guilt of it (he was younger than me but very rough with me and our parents never properly disciplined him for it until years later).

When I developed some more confidence and made more friends, I was someone who absolutely would not allow myself to be double-crossed. If a friend and I pinkie-sweared to trade snacks across school days and come the later day they did not keep up their half of the deal, I would harass them, thinking even if I do not get the chocolate I was owed, I could at least force them to admit they were in the wrong/to apologise. Similarly, with group projects, if I completed my fair share of the work and my friend/s did not, then I would do the same thing. The problem with this is that the more you push, the more stubborn they become. And most people are too arrogant to even admit they had been wrong, not just to you but also to themselves. I have been guilty of that.

I don't do stuff like that anymore, but I have found that I only ever hold grudges when I have not received an apology or where one hasn't been implied (for example, if I can tell they are overwhelmed with guilt and won't do it again, even if they do not tell me).

Definitely have had my fair share of graphic daydreams where I violently mash people to a pulp or dissect them. Fun fun.

manhater w/ dad issues ChaosConductor6669's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My one sibling is an SEE and she stole everything I had from my dad's home around a time I almost died and then sold it all without even including me; the only reason I found out is because I pressured her accomplice. My revenge fantasy is becoming wealthy enough to buy her house and then demolishing it myself.

Though I probably won't go through with it, she's more dead to me than my dead father and I refuse to ever speak to her again. Though this is about Gamma revenge fantasies, right? I don't think that they have any, that would require attachment to another human being in the first place.

They just bail if they can't use you, usually. Obviously, I don't have a very high opinion of Gammas based on having (had? I've disowned her) one as a shitty family member; though I have met some other SEEs IRL that weren't scumbags.

A lot of the items had sentimental value, but you know Gammas, it's all about what they can get at your expense and without your consent. They have no problem abusing the law to get their way too, at least in her case.

Edit: Not victimizing myself BTW, frankly, I understand that it's my own fault for hoping that someone that told me that I suck with people and that I need to "play the game" of life correctly wouldn't screw me over.
    Last edited by ChaosConductor6669; 04-07-2024 at 04:49 PM.