from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Share your stories and experiences with IEIs-INFps

Just thought I would make this topic. =] Share away!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're okay, I guess.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i luv infps...they understand me for the most part and are very helpful when i need them...when me and my infp friend get together we go crazy and everyone looks at us as if we're idiots...me and my infp friend got each other into different stuff. We sort of had a trade-off where she really got me into socionics and I got her into One Tree Hill...My infp friend is very much into looking unique. She's very shy and lazy. My infp guy friend is always arguing with me since he's the Fe subtype... The infp's i know are cool people but they can be sneaky...nothing else to say except i luv us betas
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onetreehilluver
    We sort of had a trade-off where she really got me into socionics and I got her into One Tree Hill...
    That's got to be the most awful trade in history. You both should ask for a refund. And then some.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Default Re: Your experiences with INFps

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Oh yeah I guess you just thought you would make this topic.

Or more like you want to hear some good shit about the concept of INFps -- some sort of a remote method to recieve compliments and to feed your Se deprived mind.
    Last edited by silke; 05-16-2014 at 04:39 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Your experiences with INFps

Quote Originally Posted by everyone loves candy
    Oh yeah I guess you just thought you would make this topic.

Or more like you want to hear some good shit about the concept of INFps -- some sort of a remote method to recieve compliments and to feed your Se deprived mind.
    What's your type?

Anyway, I've had pretty good experiences with INFps.
    One of my closest friends is INFp. I think I talked about him quite a lot on this forum. Hmm.
    INTp
    sx/sp

whats wrong with what I posted? wwwww

I'm new and I can already tell this is another Enneagram/MBTI-like board full of bored housewives, losers, wankers and retarded teenagers and I don't know my type yet.

My "My type" thread http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...114864b#208116
    Last edited by silke; 05-16-2014 at 04:39 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by everyone loves candy
    I'm new and I can already tell this is another Enneagram/MBTI-like board full of bored housewives, losers, wankers and retarded teenagers and I don't know my type yet.
    Welcome to the internet.

I notice that they are often very depressed, but it's almost never the destructive and depression that gets worse. Also, they're very humble and always treat you as if you're someone special.
    ENFJ

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by confusedasianboy
    I notice that they are often very depressed, but it's almost never the destructive and depression that gets worse. Also, they're very humble and always treat you as if you're someone special.
    EII too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um... first post, woot.

I know a few INFPs. We're a very strange people, that's what I'll say. And definitely... visible, as in the way we represent ourselves - very specific fashion, even on the guys. And maybe not *depressed*, but bleedin' tragic/loopy. Yay on me for stating the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, I should articulate a response to the actual question of the thread, ie; experiences of INFPs. Right?

Um, most recent - went out for coffee with an INFP and her ESTP boyfriend and the whole exchange was dead fascinating, watching them validate eachother in a strange way that you just knew no one else could provide. (she required him to be a proper loon.. she's kind of loony... and you just knew that protecting this surreal child tickled him into a proper man)

Other experiences of INFPs.... they seem to believe pretty strongly in ineffable causality, or like, it ain't facts that matter, or individual psychology or whatnot, OH NO, there was A CURRENT OF MYSTIC LOVE IN THE AIR, zonks! Maybe I just hang out with a lot of hippies...

EDIT: I said "they" believe that... man, I should be honest and say that it's a tendency of my own that half of me just totally laughs at as being pixiedust. I do not know my type. Bleah! >_<

^ please discredit the above as nooober whinging, thanx

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletLux
    Your experiences with INFps
    I've noticed that INFps like to talk about themselves a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

truuuuue.

But I will say that it's hard to disassociate myself from this type, hence the garbled me/them? response. Prolly shoulda started with talking about like, INTJs or something.

I hate forums man, why am I here???
    (cause I'm bored and it's wednesday and I'm vaguely interested in socionics. I have stuff to do! don't turn into one of those 4-post in-the-gate flashter hollowheads who run in and complain for a bit and then leave, even though that's exactly what yer gonna do, cause you'd really rather not go to that ISFPs place to watch HOCKEY when it's so bleeding hot outside and no one's on msn and still you kind of respect people who know more than nothing about this personality kinda stuff. Didn't you used to at one point? right well, you've now done it and turned into that kind of person, so stuff it man! make some tea, watch some duckman, go to bed. Wee! )

we apologize.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, no reason to appologize to me. I'm one of you.

You seem slightly insane. But I like you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellent! thus the apocalyptic avatar!

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA <-- yes

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinstein
    excellent! thus the apocalyptic avatar!
    Yep.

And on behalf of us wankers, welcome. I hope your stay is pleasant. Please don't feed the autistics. We will also need proof of identity, just to make sure that you aren't Gilligan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is me, circa '38

I assure you, my nose is VERY CLEAN.

(feel free to run in fear from the scary photo, I would too. too bad I posted it instead)
    (my god, I should have gone with the kitty-in-the-teacup photo)
    (eeks!)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I don't really like us that much.. The females in particular. I have a ton of bad qualities including narcissism, selfishness, manipulation, a huge ego, over-confidence in certain areas, "woe is me" rambling to everyone, melodramatics, wanting to have a revolutionary "change" but never taking action.

Some of these aren't type related, obviously. But I've seen many of these manifest itself in female INFps =/

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manipulation isn't bad unless you are rude about it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you say so?

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's normal human interaction. Some people need to be manipulated, and in many different ways.

It's rude to manipulate if it is going to result in hurt feelings, or someone getting harmed in anyway, physically or emotionally. Actually even then it has it's importance, sometimes people need their feelings hurt in order to learn...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to feed your Se deprived mind.

This would be my motive if I had made the thread, but it's hard to get Se doses over the internet.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Actually, I don't really like us that much.. The females in particular. I have a ton of bad qualities including narcissism, selfishness, manipulation, a huge ego, over-confidence in certain areas, "woe is me" rambling to everyone, melodramatics, wanting to have a revolutionary "change" but never taking action.

Some of these aren't type related, obviously. But I've seen many of these manifest itself in female INFps =/
    I don't know any other female INFp's other than myself, but in my experience the males can be just as bitchy. I think it really has something to do with the individual person themselves and the level of maturity they possess. I really do enjoy the company of a mature intelligent INFp. They can really be some of the most light, silly, lovable, perplexing, humorous people to be around, and most of them are very attractive, and smell quite nice.

Anyway, does anyone else notice that they can subconsciously pick out all the flaws of their fellow identicals? I can notice these small things and they often remind me of my own flaws, which can either embarrass or frustrate me to no end.

*edit*
    Oh and I forgot to say, nothing is worse than a stupid immature INFp with a huge ego and god complex.
    Oh man.. this applies SO WELL to me. I get extremely annoyed when I see a fellow INFp's flaws.. it's like watching a videotape of yourself, really.. and thinking "shiiit. this is what i act like?" And you wanna change that.. I also can feel great sympathy as well though, but that's mainly @ the beginning.. over time, I come to see more negative traits. Yikes..

Well, just based on my experiences with male INFps (probably mostly of the Ni subtype variety) are that they are much easier to get along with, quirky, funny.. but they're very passive though. I've noticed one thing in common in regards with relationships - they never, EVER take initiative even when they have a great opportunity/signals from another person. It's just not their thing? One of them stated that whenever he was interested in a girl, he always had this belief that they were taken.

But yeah.. so I guess nothing is worse than me

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe my sister in an INFp. A few observations:

1) It's implied as opposed to explicit, but she demands that other people mirror her emotional state of mind, especially concerning her relationships with others. A new boyfriend is seen only in good terms, and therefore other are required to love him as much as she does. An ex is terrible, and we are to be more convinced than ever of all his negative qualities despite the previous condition.

2) A corollary to this is a lack of awareness/respect for (my) personal boundaries.

3) Objective facts through time tend to get replaced by her projected assumptions on their quality. For example, an idea or object might really be discarded for its expense or practical misfit, but to her it usually assumes the form of being bad quality overall. It seems like an inability to recognize the qualities of something, or the inability to apply them where they best fit.

4) A great activity partner for me, but if I'm not careful the activity will be discarded in favour of me becoming an emotional soundboard for her issues.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually very good relations overall with the females INFp-s. Very fun to hang out with, and some of the funniest dates as well. I don't have the willingness to put up with the games and troubles necessary to start a relationship with them, though. Relations with male INFps have ranged from extremely good to annoyance on both sides. The key variable is how much the given INFp has conformism issues. If they are present, then I will not get along with them; if they aren't, I will.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Relations with male INFps have ranged from extremely good to annoyance on both sides.

haha

I kinda feel that way with ISFps, I wouldn't say the relations get bad, they are just really annoying on the bad end. It has to be something really bad for me to find the relation bad, and it would be related to the person not their type.

IME I don't find INFps manipulative but I'm sure they could be. Maybe I feel that they are obvious when they rouse emotion and they know I know they are doing it. But I could see a skillful INFp not making it obvious and that's when the door is open to deception, which would be where the line is drawn.

They're very good at provoking.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like any type, INFps shouldn't let their type be an excuse for not growing as a person.

In general, my experience with INFps is one of a mutual acceptance. We are somewhat similar in that we are both 'reserved' somewhat, but other than that we are different and know it. We don't often cross paths, as I do not come across as the type of person INFps would enjoy being around much, and that is how I feel about INFps. I do not dislike them, but we just don't seem to have much in common, and we just leave it at that.

Particularly, their love of drama is not as appealing to me as to them, and as I am sort of a drama black hole in real life, they often stay away from me. This relationship seems to benefit both of us.

When it isn't too crazy, INFps can make great music IMO.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, does anyone else notice that they can subconsciously pick out all the flaws of their fellow identicals? I can notice these small things and they often remind me of my own flaws, which can either embarrass or frustrate me to no end.
    Oh yeah, for sure. When an INTj makes a noticeable Fe mistake I have to leave the room...now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Oh yeah, for sure. When an INTj makes a noticeable Fe mistake I have to leave the room...now.
    agree. have you ever watched a movie where the protagonist is your type and you're just dying inside the whole time? i felt that way the whole time i watched ghostworld.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Movie INTjs usually just seem like cool people. I can't remember any specific moments of awkwardness that got to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed one thing in common in regards with relationships - they never, EVER take initiative even when they have a great opportunity/signals from another person. It's just not their thing? One of them stated that whenever he was interested in a girl, he always had this belief that they were taken.
    This I don't agree with. Once I've formed an acquaintance with someone, I tend to approach them so much that I often wonder if I'm being too forward, especially if they give off encouraging signals. I'm almost always the one to approach my ILI friend because he's too shy to even wave to me.

Typical greeting: YO, Youngster! *gets out new gift for him and babbles on about latest activities*

Example interaction 1: Hi, Youngster! I just bought some pastries! Here, eat up!!

Example 2:
    Me: I'm going out for a walk, Youngster! Want to come? :wink:
    Him: Ummmmmm...
    <He hesitates for 5-10 minutes>
    Me: Okay, I'm going now! Just come along if you want~
    <He tags along>

Typical parting: Are you leaving now? Wait up, I'll escort you down the stairs! *waves furiously*
    Also, they're very humble and always treat you as if [s:82e7b0254d]you're[/s:82e7b0254d] they're someone special.
    Not always, I'm occasionally accused of treating people like they're servants
    An example interchange between me and my ESE friend for your amusement:

Me: You look bored. Tie my shoelaces for me~ *sticks boot out*
    Her: Can't you do it yourself?
    Me: I'm rather lazy at the moment. Besides, it's not like you're occupied with anything more important.
    Her: Who do you think you are, a queen?
    Me: Yes, now hurry up.
    Her: Fine. Sheesh, how could you be so lazy.
    <She crouches and ties the shoelaces while observers are like >

Oh and, sometimes I look down on people like they're dirt when I see them doing naughty things together (i.e. smoking). I once overheard an SLE calling me an "asshole" when I did that.

Commentary on other INFps: I get the occasional complaint that I'm too much of a prude, and I feel irritated and think "God, no, I don't want turn into that! Why would anyone want to be INFp?" whenever I see someone overblowing the Ti hidden agenda. I want to scream, "So what if a statement violates the Laws of Logic, as long as it's true to REALITY and can be applied? Reality isn't perfect, and you'll have a hard time surviving in it unless you come to terms with that. Get used to it " Still, great counsellors to turn to when I'm hesitating from taking action because I'm worried about something insignificant. Though it feels like something is missing with the advice given, they've been reassuring enough that I gain the courage to act (and things really turn out to be not as bad as I thought...!!)

Example:
    Me (nervous wreck mode): I really should return the science textbook that I borrowed from my teacher, but I'm afraid that she'll look at me with disappointment or condemnation if I do so because I was supposed to attend the examination...
    Counsellor: No, that is not likely to happen. She will most likely be grateful to you for returning it early because bla-bla.
    Me: Uhm, okay. I guess I'll return it today, then.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing you said about the counsellor is interesting ... (If you know) So, what kind of advice an ENFj would give instead? "Here, let me do it for you"?
    Achtung Baby.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Not always, I'm occasionally accused of treating people like they're servants
    An example interchange between me and my ESE friend for your amusement:

Me: You look bored. Tie my shoelaces for me~ *sticks boot out*
    Her: Can't you do it yourself?
    Me: I'm rather lazy at the moment. Besides, it's not like you're occupied with anything more important.
    Her: Who do you think you are, a queen?
    Me: Yes, now hurry up.
    Her: Fine. Sheesh, how could you be so lazy.
    <She crouches and ties the shoelaces while observers are like >
    Ah, if only that ESE had a solid LII nearby...

Quote Originally Posted by 1st quadra: the rational dual pair
    The Analyst possesses clear logical thinking and therefore makes strict and well-grounded conclusions. This is exactly what The Bonvivant needs. His wild emotions often collide with objectivity in his understanding of what needs to be done. Moreover, he has trouble distinguishing between what is important from what is secondary. For this reason The Bonvivant tends to expend too much time and energy doing favors for people who could easily get by without such assistance. The Analyst suggests what is profitable and what is not worth wasting time and material on; otherwise The Bonvivant may be excessive.
    http://www.socionics.us/socioniko/en...s/dual-1j.html

I'd never let you pull that shit raisonpure.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I found that kinda disturbing, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    The thing you said about the counsellor is interesting ... (If you know) So, what kind of advice an ENFj would give instead? "Here, let me do it for you"?
    No, that's what I'm more likely to say. An EIE psychologist once helped me out of an existential crisis/dissolute existence by getting me to cry bucketloads of tears -- "Tears cleanse the soul" was what he said -- and bringing up the topic of awareness. I started asking myself "Am I even aware?" and was somehow freed from the rut of depression as I tried to answer that question. He talked about philosophy and shared his views on reincarnation with me. Advised me to get out into nature more, become one with the universe, and I found that as he said, it's easier to approach problems objectively when I'm separated from civilisation and relaxed. Also shared his belief on how the beauty of life lay in the way that its course could be affected by different possibilities: negative and positive, so it's worth holding onto hope in the future just to experience those unexpected happy turns in life.

The kind of advice that my EIE friend gives is less motivating. Whenever I talk to him after a couple of months have passed, he tells me that I'm "going around and around in circles." Can't remember the exact advice he's given out, but like my father, he helps me put the whole picture into perspective so that I regain sight of where I'm going and where I want to end up. He also provides me with options for actions -- either this, this, and this... or that, that, and that -- and by talking through them, it becomes clear which one is best to take, so it's easier to decide what I really want or need. Then I gain reassurance on whether I've picked the right course of action, which is important because I have enough regrets in my life, and I don't need anymore of them. Without that reassurance, I'll keep on pondering over the past and get all stressed out as I continually ask myself: "How else could I have acted? How else could I have erred?"
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Ah, if only that ESE had a solid LII nearby...

Quote Originally Posted by 1st quadra: the rational dual pair
    The Analyst possesses clear logical thinking and therefore makes strict and well-grounded conclusions. This is exactly what The Bonvivant needs. His wild emotions often collide with objectivity in his understanding of what needs to be done. Moreover, he has trouble distinguishing between what is important from what is secondary. For this reason The Bonvivant tends to expend too much time and energy doing favors for people who could easily get by without such assistance. The Analyst suggests what is profitable and what is not worth wasting time and material on; otherwise The Bonvivant may be excessive.
    http://www.socionics.us/socioniko/en...s/dual-1j.html

I'd never let you pull that shit raisonpure.
    And I thought that was a cute memory in the history of our courtship
    Perhaps you should IM her and tell her that I'm bad for her...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot, raisonpure. Although I'm not sure why you quoted me as eunice.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What matters more than my statement is how she thinks of the event and her real relationship to you: I do not know either.

My statement was in response to ESFjs being asked to do things there is no need to do, or even things that should not be done. Some of the more pleasant ESFjs fall into this trap more frequently than they ought to, thus the duality reference.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    What matters more than my statement is how she thinks of the event and her real relationship to you: I do not know either.

My statement was in response to ESFjs being asked to do things there is no need to do, or even things that should not be done. Some of the more pleasant ESFjs fall into this trap more frequently than they ought to, thus the duality reference.
    UDP: I'll keep this in mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was most informative, astralsilky. Kudos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast