View Poll Results: what type is Beyonce?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 22.22%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 11.11%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

2 22.22%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

3 33.33%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 11.11%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyonce Knowles

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beyoncé Knowles

quotes about herself:

I feel like you get more bees with honey. But that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated in my life. My way of dealing with frustration is to shut down and to think and speak logically.

I wanted to sell a million records, and I sold a million records. I wanted to go platinum; I went platinum. I've been working nonstop since I was 15. I don't even know how to chill out.

I hold a lot of things in. I'm always making sure everybody is okay. I usually don't rage; I usually don't curse. So for me, it's a great thing to be able to scream and say whatever I want.

If I weren't performing, I'd be a beauty editor or a therapist. I love creativity, but I also love to help others. My mother was a hairstylist, and they listen to everyone's problems - like a beauty therapist!

Who I am on stage is very, very different to who I am in real life.

Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.

For me, it's about the way I carry myself and the way I treat other people. My relationship and how I feel about God and what He does for me, is something deeply personal. It's where I came from, my family, I was brought up in a religious household and that's very important to me.

I think it's healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care - that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into the show.

I mean, I feel like you get more bees with honey. But that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated in my life.

I like to walk around with bare feet and I don't like to comb my hair.

My style offstage is so different from onstage. I love a pair of sexy heels with jeans, a nice jacket, or a little dress.

I'm over being a pop star. I don't wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I feel like I'm highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough.

When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.

The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.

The song "Bootylicious" features lyrics of a confident woman taunting a man, suggesting that he is not ready because her body is "too bootylicious". It features an interpolation from the Stevie Nicks song "Edge of Seventeen".
    Last edited by silke; 11-02-2016 at 03:59 AM. Reason: fixed links
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems to try very hard to force emotion, as if she's not sincere. I've always gotten a cold vibe from her. All I could gather would be an ST or NT of some sort.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp. She's really pretty.

EDIT: Maybe ISTp. IDK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always got a ISFJ vibe from Beyonce. She is very rehersed for any appearance. Certainly rational. She VIs as ISFJ IMO and I could even imagine that JZ (her beau) is LIE.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-bg

I'd tap it

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I have always got a ISFJ vibe from Beyonce. She is very rehersed for any appearance. Certainly rational. She VIs as ISFJ IMO and I could even imagine that JZ (her beau) is LIE.
    I agree with everything.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I'd tap it
    Yeah, you are sane, after all...

ESI could work.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    She seems to try very hard to force emotion, as if she's not sincere. I've always gotten a cold vibe from her. All I could gather would be an ST or NT of some sort.
    Yup, ENTP IMO
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE - full of passionate, emotional energy. At the same time, rational, clean-cut and professional. Appearance in good order, aesthetic and comfortable and never sloppy. Cheerful and polite, smiles a lot.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    ESE - full of passionate, emotional energy. At the same time, rational, clean-cut and professional. Appearance in good order, aesthetic and comfortable and never sloppy. Cheerful and polite, smiles a lot.
    I agree. And my ILE friend loves her.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's Ni + Fe for sure. Watch @ 2:14 "... do things that'll make people wanna dance, and move around, and dance in the clubs, or in their school plays, or whatever..." Remember, Ni is all about the inner dynamics of things, as it means "Implicit Object Dynamics". When paired with Fe, which means "Explicit Field Dynamics", or the dynamics of social interaction, Ni can allow a user to predict another individual's actions. Someone who perceives accurately the dynamics of social interaction and who can deduce the inner emotional dynamics of a person would be in a good position to "do things that'll make people wanna dance, and move around, and dance in the clubs, or in their school plays, or whatever."

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    She's Ni + Fe for sure. Watch @ 2:14 "... do things that'll make people wanna dance, and move around, and dance in the clubs, or in their school plays, or whatever..." Remember, Ni is all about the inner dynamics of things, as it means "Implicit Object Dynamics". When paired with Fe, which means "Explicit Field Dynamics", or the dynamics of social interaction, Ni can allow a user to predict another individual's actions. Someone who perceives accurately the dynamics of social interaction and who can deduce the inner emotional dynamics of a person would be in a good position to "do things that'll make people wanna dance, and move around, and dance in the clubs, or in their school plays, or whatever."
    Actually, Fe is Internal Dynamics of Objects and Ni is Internal Dynamics of Fields. Si would be External Dynamics of Fields.

I'd say that someone who wants to activate people physically as well as emotionally is a good example of Si with Fe rather than Fe and Ni. Her performances are meant to create physical revelry, dancing, enjoyment etc.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE?

Yeah... Gamma SF. Leaning towards SEE, too.

What a riot. I pick up vibes. Jay-Z is LIE, right?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Beyonce is a typical SEE E3.
    (The E3 makes her look "professional"; besides the fact she will have countless makeup and manager people helping her out with that.)

I don't see Jay-Z being that different; he seems like another SEE, but rather being E6 instead.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Beyonce is a typical SEE E3.
    (The E3 makes her look "professional"; besides the fact she will have countless makeup and manager people helping her out with that.)

I don't see Jay-Z being that different; he seems like another SEE, but rather being E6 instead.
    Agree. He cheated on her recently so she made a whole album of angry music? SEE go all out and big with their anger. Saame with Taylor swift @Sol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    She's much too shy, private and humble to be SEE, imo. She's said many times that her stage self is the complete opposite to how she is in real life.
    This might be a case of a Social blindspot.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Well now trying trace back why I thought SEE... I personally it kind of saw it like this:

I think she started working very early, which kind of parallels Britney Spears for me, they are in the business for very long now, maybe she guards herself, bc she knows how it can go.
    I think the Quadra value description
    here kind of describes how Gamma SF are very focused on their work and why. This + general gut feeling made me go for Gamma SF for her.

I leaned towards SEE because I thought she was leading with Se and had a Te hidden agenda. Reading the description... idk... I mean depending on the way how you interpret things written about her you could go ESI or SEE for her... imo the description can go with SEE just fine... SEE-Fi maybe.

I mean people often fall into the middle of the ‚classic‘ E/I spectrum. You have LIEs, IEEs, EIEs who might come across /describe themselves as more being more introverted (in the classic understanding of the term), but lead with Te, Ne, Fe.

I mean lets say, I go with SEE-Fi, so lets look at another Se leading, irrational type like SLE. I mean SLE-Ti descriptions also go with them being watchful and general less ‚in your face‘ or open at first impression... so why not the same for SEE-Fi.

Her family conditions may have been a bit oppressive, adding a note of gravity to Beyoncé's personality (could be the explanation why she might come across as not ‚that open‘ as other SEEs).
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-27-2016 at 05:39 PM.

I think I remember a description, which states that Gamma Fi is generally about distancing themselves/avoiding bad influences relationships. I remember people could see ESE for Kim, which would put her into Beyonces opposing quadra, also let’s be honest, would you want to be close friends with Kim Kardashian? I watched her performances and her interviews and she pumps so much energy into the crowd and everything while perfoming, also I just think she is too good with Te. I cannot see her as having it as a weak function (suggestive), but I could buy a good focus on the tertiary (because she started out that young in the business). I also don’t think that every person of a type is going to be exactly the same or that they can relate to every description out there. I mean from the above description there were parts, that fit SEE. For what it’s worth I knew a SEE girl in school for about 6 years. So my conclusion: I think I will personally stay with SEE.

GAMMA

-Fi = minimization of negative relationships. This element is critical of evil. They desire to get away from bad people and poor relationships, and to protect themselves from enemies and adversaries. They want to minimize negative experiences, because as we know from psychoanalysis, all extruded problems are liable to generate an emotional reaction one way or another, with a physical cost for the purification of the subconscious.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 06-14-2016 at 12:05 AM.

"Who I am on stage is very, very different to who I am in real life." - Beyonce Knowles She refers to her stage personality as Sasha Fierce. She says Sasha Fierce is a completely different personality to how she is in real life, which is quite reserved. I could see Sasha Fierce as SEE, which is mostly what the public sees when she is performing.
    Ok. I could see that point, like ESIs are strong in Se so she could amp it up and get more reserved afterwards, but how would you explain Te Hidden Agenda vs. Suggestive?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you guys know about lemonade, right?

Saturday, Beyoncé responded to years’ worth of marital speculation with Lemonade, an explosively honest album in which she lyrically accuses husband Jay Z of lying, cheating, and taking her for granted. As the New Yorker summarized, “Lemonade is the product of a brutal tension: a woman who has been deified by the entire world and yet cannot secure the love of the person closest to her.” A sampling of the accusatory lyrics: “What a wicked way to treat the girl who loves you.” “You can taste the dishonesty. . .It’s all over your breath.” “Tonight I regret the night I put that ring on.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...lemonade-jay-z

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Love her to the moon and back, no matter what type. <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Well, for one, her husband Jay-Z is most likely LIE and he manages her. Duals work so well together because they compliment eachother blind spots. They are the two halves that make a whole. Beyonce's father was also a savvy businessman, and he was the main reason why Destiny's Child became so successful. Beyonce's father managed her solo career until she had a falling out with him and replaced him for her husband Jay-Z.
    And this is where I actually can see them as activators. They kind of produce things together. I find her to be having too much personal drive in these matters. Own ideas. I cannot imagine Jay Z or her dad being the ones doing all the planning etc. being driving force behind everything. Britney also got managed by her dad and passes of as SEE just fine. Same with Miley Cyrus and her dad and both probably have staff and everything behind everything, too. I mean during a certain age that's just how it goes, and how it probably works with child stars. But I think she can stand on her own in that respect just fine, now. You could say that she is still not that strong, because she seeks advice in these matters, but its more along the way that she has plans and ideas herself and just seeks a bit for clarification. I probably come across as very set on the typing? I just like to discuss. You don't get it that often, that people lay out their explanations or just disagree and are open to talk about their reasoning and you can talk it through with someone without it getting bitter or sth. I personally settled with Gamma SF for sure and just leaned for SEE, but I think ESI could work fine too. So probably sth. along the lines of SEE-Fi or ESI-Se.

Re. lemonade: duality or activation or whatever is maybe not everything/socionics does not explain/account for everything, but they are still together right? so we are back at whatever works and making your own decisions in life...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becky with the good hair

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    I watched her performances and her interviews and she pumps so much energy into the crowd and everything while perfoming
    This is Fe, my friend.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    This is Fe, my friend.
    SEE have Fe demonstrative, so they can be pretty strong in it.

It could also be high Se.

With Fe it will put her either in Beta or in Alpha.

I suppose people want to go with ESE or ISFp for her?

So Jay Z is LIE and they are Conflictors or Super Ego?

As ESE or SEI you will have her as Caregiver type.

I mean I went with Aggressor, bc content like in 'all the single ladies' etc.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-29-2016 at 07:21 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi imo

Since when does personal drive have anything to do with Te? I know plenty of ESI who were driven in getting what they want, be it academics or moving up in their careers. My dad is Te PoLR and was very successful in getting ahead in his career, though it was the military so he was given a structure to follow. Beyonce is also probably given a structure to follow as she is quite manufactured like a lot of pop stares are.
    What I meant is that she showed own initaitive in Te. Like coming up with own ideas = confidence in that area/bringing something knew into that area/not depending on what has been there before. Like when she published her last album, before Lemonade. I think it was around Christmas. She just dropped it. I mean that was really unusual. Even stars like Kate Perry, have to promote their newest work. That's like the 'normal' course. She had so much confidence in her own work, that she just put it out and saved a lot of cash, while others spend milllions on marketing etc. and yeah of course it's bc. she is Beyonce and has a fan base, but so do Rihanna or Kate Perry. I remember there was an article on how Harvard business school could learn from Beyonces marketing techniques. You may say, we don't know how much her dad or Jay Z play a part in that. But let's say you take them away and let Beyonce do it on her own, I don't think she will falter.

I always saw it like this, that people are not necessarily bad in their 'weaker' functions, but less confident. Let's say you have an type high in intuition, that doesn't mean that what they put out with intuition is always right, but they are very confident in using that function/talking about it/putting out ideas/facing other people/discussing things related to it, whereas with weaker intuition, person can question themselves in that area or hold back/don't really trust their own intuition/wait for the initiative of somebody else confident in it and feel safer when somebody has worked through it, already has explained it/has set up the structure (and using that example, you have it often enough, that people who are supposed to be high in intuition can be completely wrong and other people who are supposed to be 'low' in it completely spot on). I also think because of that, people don't really have an 'ego' about weaker functions.

You can say her dad or anyone might have had an influence, when she developed that function, so 'weak' Te. But now it could be also that an ethical function is her creative, than she being 'weak' with Te (like with a lot of people, not being bad, but preferring sth. over sth. else, like when making a decision in life). But she can also have a strong Se creative function, alright. I just explained in that post why I thought Te Hidden agenda.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-29-2016 at 07:43 AM.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyonce is Beta NF, EIE

Kim Kardashian is Delta, I'm not sure what type but delta. Maybe IEE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post

SEE have Fe demonstrative, so they can be pretty strong in it.

oh, i dont disagree with that possibility.

I'm just making the point that what you described there quoted in my last post was Fe, not Te or whatever else you were implying it was.

I really dont know what type she is, but I am curious.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    oh, i dont disagree with that possibility.

I'm just making the point that what you described there quoted in my last post was Fe, not Te or whatever else you were implying it was.

I really dont know what type she is, but I am curious.
    Ok. Then thanks for clearing that up. I wrote that with having high Se in my mind and then I went with .... I also think she has high Te. I mean when you don't exclude an ESI typing, you have to account somehow for this higher focus, hence ESI - Se.

Going with SEE - Fi you might account for higher focus on Ni (which I think she is maybe also not bad at). I consider landing with 2 Mirror types not as the worst outcome for an argumentation, because they still have high focus on the same functions and maybe 'less' focus on others.

Also to clear the other thing up. I type Olivier Rousteing as ESI (and saw SEE as the other possibilty) and he took over Balmain, when he was still pretty young, so I don't think 'weak' Te means less drive or sth. like that. I didn't intend it to come across that way.

Re. Alpha SF (I mean I have seen these typings,too), but I personally just cannot argument for it.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-29-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My votes on pretty esi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Watched this clip, she works just like me: physical needs come second, it has to be "right" first. Beyoncé has a strong outward focus, organizes, corrects, conveys her vision, not caring about how people related to her think about it (weak Fi). Very objective and stubborn statements, vindictive, orders everywhere, do this, do that. ---> TeNi

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

Watched this clip, she works just like me: physical needs come second, it has to be "right" first. Beyoncé has a strong outward focus, organizes, corrects, conveys her vision, not caring about how people related to her think about it (weak Fi). Very objective and stubborn statements, vindictive, orders everywhere, do this, do that. ---> TeNi

Is this what people think is bossy? This is perfectly normal workplace chatter.... especially in entertainment production. I've seen ESFjs be the exact same way. I've seen deltas be just as straightforward, and even beta NFs when they have the right position and job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast