Thread: what do these unhealthy behaviors remind you of?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what do these unhealthy behaviors remind you of?

This acquiantance of mine really bothers me alot:
    -clumsy. Eg. tends to hit her last toe against the edge of the wall corner and couldn't catch a ball.
    -likes to complain and seems to be stuck in the past. Very bothered about the mistakes she had done in the past to the
    extent that she couldn't function well and enjoys bringing them up periodically.
    -likes people but not a sociable person. prefer others to approach her.
    -homely and enjoys indulging in self pity.
    -self-centered. always bothered about her own problems.
    -does not seem to be good at anything, be it academic, sports, music etc. She is depressed over it.
    -daily activities are doing the usual stuff such as watching TV, surfing the net, eating etc. When I advised her to take up new hobbies, she claimed that she seems to be bad at everything she does and therefore had lost motivation to learn anything new.
    -too laidback.
    -healthy lifestyle. Doesn't smoke, drink or eat unhealthy food. Only thing unhealthy about her is she doesn't exercise 'cos she is conscious of people noticing her lack of athleticism.
    -doesn't go clubbing 'cos she thinks she is not cool enough to go there and feels that people would reject her.
    -complains that there isn't much going on in her life, but afraid to make changes to her life 'cos of all the reasons above.
    -doesn't seem to be interested in reading. Rejects reading books such as self-help books, novels etc., and she made a judgment that she isn't interested in them even before reading them. Doesn't even read her textbooks either.
    -keeps thinking she's unattractive. likes to ask silly questions everyday about her looks for reassurance.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-doesn't seem to be interested in reading. Rejects reading books such as self-help books, novels etc., and she made a judgment that she isn't interested in them even before reading them. Doesn't even read her textbooks either.
    How do you know she doesn't read self help books?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A depressed INTj or INFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get an immature ISFj vibe.

She sounds like a teenage(?) version of my mother.

(I will now go start a thread about my mother).
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    How do you know she doesn't read self help books?
    I heard her mentioned about it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    A depressed INTj or INFp.
    why not an unhealthy EII with low self esteem? I can see some in my descriptions of her. I think she seems to have a HA eg. preoccupied with her looks, adopting a healthy lifestyle (sans exercise), laidbackness etc. She also seems to concentrate on herself more than others, and I would associate it with unhealthy .

But she could be an IEI though, considering cracka's reaction to her.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds infp but im not sure because the infp's i know are always reading something
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever type this person is, get her some help. Pronto. That or laugh at her when she's acting unhealthy to show her how ridiculous some of her thought patterns are. (This is the technique of choice for most therapists these days anyway. Apparently it works.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I get an immature ISFj vibe.
    I did too, upon first reading. Not sure I'd say immature - just needs to get more physically active.

One might encourage her to get involved in volunteer work. If she is ISFj, you'll probably encounter some stubbornness. But if she finds ways to do practical things for the people she cares about ... on second thought, in my experience an ISFj would GROW to care for the person they're even caring for. The feelings can even follow the actions. Maybe this female has a family member or neighbor in need of some help - gardening, errand-running, etc. That might help get her up and moving again so as to climb out of her funk. She's probably feeling "useless" and likely nobody needs her, hence the low self-esteem. Go easy on her. I don't think ISFjs try to be difficult, nor realize how absolutely annoying their self-pity can appear to others. Their feelings are legit for themselves, and they're surely not enjoying them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite a lot of those issues were present in my INFj ex, as she had depression. So it could be a depressed INFj, but that's just one example so..
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INFj sister has been something like this in the past when she's been troubled. Except that she's always read self-help books.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.

-likes to complain and seems to be stuck in the past. Very bothered about the mistakes she had done in the past to the extent that she couldn't function well and enjoys bringing them up periodically.
    This is part of how Ne-quadra types see Ni-quadra types.

-too laidback.
    Can you explain what you mean by this?

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    INTp.

-likes to complain and seems to be stuck in the past. Very bothered about the mistakes she had done in the past to the extent that she couldn't function well and enjoys bringing them up periodically.
    Really? I believe I have heard people from Ne-quadras told me that I am in the wrong century. Can you elaborate to where it applies and why Ne-quadra types see this? I doubt that the Ne-quadra types are thinking that the quadra-types as a result of "being stuck in the past" cannot function properly and healthily because of this, even if they feel this way about people in an opposing quadra. This is a common trait amongst people who are depressed, no matter if the person is Ne~Si or Se~Ni. Even if it were a proper evaluation, many on this board have shown doubt over eunice's type, who might or might not be a Ne-quadra type describing someone from a Ni-quadra.

So far these qualities just point to a depressed introvert, a introverted negativist, or someone who is both. I think more information is necessary.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    INTp.

Really? I believe I have heard people from Ne-quadras told me that I am in the wrong century. Can you elaborate to where it applies and why Ne-quadra types see this?
    Ni is about the past and future, and consequently thinks of the present as one among many moments. Si is more concerned with enjoying the here-and-now, so Si-quadra types see Ni-quadra types as neglecting present needs - which they do, in service of future needs.

Example:

ENFj: This of how funny this will be when we look back on it when we're older.
    INTj: Dude, this stuff is funny *now*.

I doubt that the Ne-quadra types are thinking that the quadra-types as a result of "being stuck in the past" cannot function properly and healthily because of this, even if they feel this way about people in an opposing quadra. This is a common trait amongst people who are depressed, no matter if the person is Ne~Si or Se~Ni. Even if it were a proper evaluation, many on this board have shown doubt over eunice's type, who might or might not be a Ne-quadra type describing someone from a Ni-quadra.
    Well, yeah, the extent of it would be affected by mental health, but it is certainly related to type, and is likely an exaggeration of otherwise normal qualities.

So far these qualities just point to a depressed introvert, a introverted negativist, or someone who is both.
    Yes, and also clearly intuitive. Introverted negativist intuitive = INTx.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, sounds INTj to me.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i said infp b4 but now that i think about it im gonna go with enfj...
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver