Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sei, what do you like about ILE ? (ISFp & ENTp)

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sei, what do you like about ILE ? (ISFp & ENTp)

Specifically SEI males......

I wish @aisa still came around :/
    Last edited by sushi; 09-25-2016 at 11:29 PM.

enneagram 946/947

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI like that ILE can find innovative ways to make money and ILEE are sorta romantics who satellite SEI and give them attention
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love ILE bravery, willingness to take risks, to take the unpopular opinion or stance and stick by it. They like to have fun and enjoy life. Some of them are hilarious. They help me forget the stresses of life and just enjoy things.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SEI like that ILE can find innovative ways to make money and ILEE are sorta romantics who satellite SEI and give them attention
    Yes. Dated a SEI once. He looked calm, friendly and low maintenance while in reality he needed much attention:
    24/7 texts, jokes, interesting topics to talk about and appreciation. He himself wasn't as energetic and expressive as ESE, however he was waiting for an ILE who could give him that. He wanted to be entertained and I felt like having a burn-out after a few weeks.

(This sounds negative, but the ISFp's I know are very kind and caring people.)

I know a SEI-ILE dual couple
    He (ILE) is like a ballon and the SEI holds the string. If she lets him fly away she would lose someone beautiful and interesting, while the ILE would lose himself in all his ideas and projects. She needs someone who can bear her overly caring attitude while ILE needs someone who is able to keep up with his behavior. He is like a big child.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 02-04-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and bit of other kinds of unique resourcefulness. They especially like that when it is not done by the book. Doing 'science' unexpectedly.Like innovating a method to do whipped cream under unfavorable weather.
    At least for so called hedonist subtype.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 02-14-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post

Specifically SEI males......

I wish @aisa still came around :/
    hi What do you want me to tell you?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yess! I am a SEI male.

I dont like anything about ILEs. Not as a type.

Its all in the chemistry. And the chemistry is often great.

I have worked with ILEs. Best experience ever.
    I've also dated a few

So I think the question is wrong. Duality is not about liking something in the other.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yess! I am a SEI male.

I've also dated a few

So I think the question is wrong. Duality is not about liking something in the other.
    You're killing me...

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here - I have something and I feel like it's terribly undervalued in ILE descriptions:

ILEs can be patient as fuck. Stuck in the flower shop searching for the perfect bouquet for like forever? The ILE won't complain. To me shopping with SEIs takes a lifetime but its apparently no problem for an ILE.
    They don't mind that SEIs can be pretty lazy or slow with their studies and household chores.
    They can also be very resentful and loyal (in a way that might be foreign for ESIs since they're conflictors). They can refuse to talk to people who hurt a SEI's feelings a few years ago.
    They don't correct SEI's Te-Polr misconceptions and choose to stay silent instead of lecturing them like a Te-ego type would do. To me it looks like the ILE enables them to stay in their fantasy world where their own understanding of the world is right and just - but if it works for them so be it.
    Female Fe-creatives seem to have this habit where they get an incredibly high voice when talking angrily, have discussions with no end in sight and literally chase their culprit until they feel like they have been understood and ILEs (/SLEs) deal with it like it's nothing particular. As if they are designed to accept and respect some of the Fe-creative's qualities or need it as an emotional shake up.

In summary: ILEs are made for SEIs.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yess! I am a SEI male.

I've also dated a few

What I just noticed: Classic case of covering for ILE's PoLR with ^^^ You know your business.

I would guess the quirks are liked, as far as goes.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    You're killing me...
    Ditto, confer post above. vs

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like it.
    Besides, you wrote covfefe wrong.

I saw the edit

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

I saw the edit
    This is madness, Chae. I deleted my post to conceal that terrible joke.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is madness, Chae. I deleted my post to conceal that terrible joke.
    No, no, no. You know what this is.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what this is.
    ...ravioli ravioli, give me the formuoli?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I just noticed: Classic case of covering for ILE's PoLR with ^^^ You know your business.

I would guess the quirks are liked, as far as goes.
    Could be. Funny that you mentioned it. I was thinking along similar lines when i looked at what i had written but i saw it as an example of demonstrative Fi. "I dont like anything about ILEs etc". it's quite natural for me to say things like that but I never elaborate on Fi stuff.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here - I have something and I feel like it's terribly undervalued in ILE descriptions:

ILEs can be patient as fuck. Stuck in the flower shop searching for the perfect bouquet for like forever? The ILE won't complain. To me shopping with SEIs takes a lifetime but its apparently no problem for an ILE.
    They don't mind that SEIs can be pretty lazy or slow with their studies and household chores.
    They can also be very resentful and loyal (in a way that might be foreign for ESIs since they're conflictors). They can refuse to talk to people who hurt a SEI's feelings a few years ago.
    True. Those can be good things.

They don't correct SEI's Te-Polr misconceptions and choose to stay silent instead of lecturing them like a Te-ego type would do.
    They actually occasionally do, that's demonstrative Te. But it's not permanent, just quick-fixes here and there. Just as I correct them with Fi.

Example (These are dem. )

ILE: I'm a vegan, but I don't judge anybody who is not.
    SEI: Oh, come'on. It's ok, you can judge people!
    ILE: (laughs)

ILE: If we don't want to invite them to the party, we can still send them a discreet email telling them that there will be a party. Maybe they won't come.
    SEI: Oh no, either we invite them or we don't. There is no in between.
    ILE: Ok

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had an ILE instructor once in logic and it struck me how patient he was. I get the feeling in day to day stuff he may be more pushy, but when it came to explaining logical concepts it felt like he could repeat and retry all day for as long as people weren't getting it, and never let out any signs of irritation or impatience. And he wasn't merely repeating the same stuff over and over, he would put genuine effort in rephrasing and illustrating difficult concepts in different ways based on what was needed, etc

I really respected him for that because I know I would get pissy before he would and that is kind of a rarity in a classroom environment, so anyone with more patience (and good humor) than me really impressed me

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. Guess my discreet math teacher was ILE. I'll take that answer. This thread has put me in a good mood. The only reason why he pushed was because we were running out of time in the semester.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed ILEs and SEIs like from each other covering topics multiple times from a variety of angles until they both are ready to move on to another topic while most other types get bored and want to just assume the information to be true in most cases by extension instead of by specific validation, especially when it comes to talking about personal preferences or how both view each other.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In real situations the Demonstrative Te is quite important. There are no worries about what's gonna happen next, they just take it naturally. There is a constant confidence about this.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female Fe-creatives seem to have this habit where they get an incredibly high voice when talking angrily, have discussions with no end in sight and literally chase their culprit until they feel like they have been understood and ILEs (/SLEs) deal with it like it's nothing particular. As if they are designed to accept and respect some of the Fe-creative's qualities or need it as an emotional shake up.
    exactly the example Gulenko gives about ILE SEI duality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQbEZP2-Dpc , but not for the SLE (functions charges differ)

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE give off an easy confidence that they can think of a clever solution to anything. This is reassuring to SEIs, who spend a good deal of time worrying over what to do if X happens.
    SP/SX
    5w4

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

True. ILE folks are not very judgemental.

I don't know if it has something to do with Ti.

Like you can just be yourself and whatever you act, they don't mind.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have this Ti-user friend, i just tell him how i wanted to have a three-some and if my crush would like me too, is it okay if he'll join us? DDDD

He's like: he thought of it, and he's like, "okay"

Lol xD

Because normal people or some people would probably tell me to shut the fuck off lol xD

Then, we're talking like: he asked me, what if you already achieved your dream of having a three-some?

Then i would say, "I'll go four.."
    "we should level up our dreams"

Lololol xD

It's like nothing with Ti users. I love Ti users generally

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Then i have this ILE user i have friends with at discord where we used to play SMITe one time..with voice and then we like message each other and we're already friends..

It's like, I'm actually kinda busy the past few days lol so i don't usually have time online

But the ILE doesn't really mind it. (btw i think he likes me lol hahahah) but given that, he's not imposing that i should give my time on him like he's not probably hurt lol

What i meant is, comparing to my eii friend, whenever I'm not available on a particular day, he'll just stop messaging me as if i did something wrong. He's not even replying to my messages lol xD

Like i love how ile works because probably low Fi

Because Fi be like," we should be friends and close and when I feel like you're not spending your time on me, i will feel bad because i feel like I'm nothing to you..."

Sort of like that, but it's actually bullshit

Unlike with ILE or ILI they doesn't really mind if you don't put much effort on text and shit. Like if you're not connecting for a long time, and when you see each other, nothing is changed.. You're still friends.

Unlike other folks, it's like when you don't catchup with each other, it's like your friendship will also cease.

It's like there should always be a standard which is bullshit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking along similar lines when i looked at what i had written but i saw it as an example of demonstrative Fi. "I dont like anything about ILEs etc". it's quite natural for me to say things like that but I never elaborate on Fi stuff.
    Isn't Fi about nurturing and improving your relationships, not spinning them into confusion by saying how much you don't like them?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't correct SEI's Te-Polr misconceptions and choose to stay silent instead of lecturing them like a Te-ego type would do. To me it looks like the ILE enables them to stay in their fantasy world where their own understanding of the world is right and just - but if it works for them so be it.
    And this is exactly one of the things where semi-dual relationships between SEI and IEE go wrong: IEEs are only able to put up with this trait of SEIs until an important issue is at stake, in which case an IEE mobilizing Te will collide with an SEIs mobilizing Ti...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What I like most about ILE types is how easily they can ignore social standards in favor of pursuing their main interests. They just go ahead and do it because it's what they love most, even if the general society around them doesn't value it. Plain and simple. It's inspiring and a breath of fresh air. I grew up around a lot of Beta and Gamma types, people who act like "you have to do things a certain way and do it right, or you shouldn't do it at all". There's positives to that approach to life, for instance they are generally very resposible and careful, but it's just not very conducive to creativity or innovation. I'm always excited by exploring possibilities, and ENTps help to bring this into my life.

So that's the main thing I admire about them, generally speaking.

I've never dated an ENTp so I can't say for sure, but I also like the sound of the behavior described as 'childlike'. In that they try to shake up their partner's life and show them something unexpected or new.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Starting from using wrong hand for the handshake.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love that too, its actually how you can tell who is cool, see how they react. if they dont miss a beat and smile you know they're good

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like that my being someone so shy and reserved, he is so open minded and weird, I can completely relax and be myself without feeling judged, even letting out some of my darker side and weirdness and still be completely accepted and loved, it makes me a fuller person. Conversations are stimulating. We say some pretty bizarre things, and it’s always comfortable and fun.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chemistry feels magnetic. ILEs are almost magical to me.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex, emotional anguish, losing all the fights, helpless to ease someone's suffering, a handful of overblown memories, shame, difficulty in letting go,

depression and mental illness, lack of awareness/understanding of their own feelings or mine, over bluntness to the point of distorted cruelty where it would serve better to step back/ be nice
    Last edited by lemontrees; 11-25-2018 at 06:42 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Sex, emotional anguish, losing all the fights, helpless to ease someone's suffering, a handful of overblown memories, shame, difficulty in letting go,

depression and mental illness, lack of awareness/understanding of their own feelings or mine, over bluntness to the point of distorted cruelty where it would serve better to step back/ be nice
    Lol lemontrees.

Are you sure you aren’t a beta type?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Lol lemontrees.

Are you sure you aren’t a beta type?
    No, just an angsty type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    No, just an angsty type
    Srs though... I’d type you SLE ... or even LII, before SEI ..... idk though, I won’t comment further since you haven’t asked.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Srs though... I’d type you SLE ... or even LII, before SEI ..... idk though, I won’t comment further since you haven’t asked.
    Aw. I'm flattered.

No, my logic lacks flexibility; I can't respond on the spot. I may seem less emotive just b/c at some point I didn't want to portray any "false" emotions anymore.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I had an ILE instructor once in logic and it struck me how patient he was. I get the feeling in day to day stuff he may be more pushy, but when it came to explaining logical concepts it felt like he could repeat and retry all day for as long as people weren't getting it, and never let out any signs of irritation or impatience. And he wasn't merely repeating the same stuff over and over, he would put genuine effort in rephrasing and illustrating difficult concepts in different ways based on what was needed, etc
    Yep, this is what I observed of ILEs too. The ILE I know thought in leaps and bounds ahead of everyone (maybe it was IQ related), but he was determined to explain things over and over again to people, even if to me, it seemed like there was no hope of getting them to understand. Had a very long fuse before he finally would get frustrated and give up on them.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these comments about patience surprise me. When I want a long detailed explanation, I seek the help of an LII or LSI, not ILE.

What I like about ILEs: They’re loud, exciting, fun to talk to, and unpretentious. They always have something unique/original/ or unexpected to say (sometimes outta pocket, but rarely malicious). I appreciate their sense of humor and ability to not take themselves too seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast