Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 361 to 400 of 525

Thread: Alpha Music Thread

  1. #361
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Alphas are going to murder you with rainbows
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  2. #362
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,553
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Alphas are going to murder you with rainbows
    I was actually expecting a lot more backlash at that typing, but I am (un)pleasantly surprised lol
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  3. #363
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Björk always struck me as being kind of too dark for Alpha, moreso her music videos than her music, so perhaps it's just whoever she has directing & producing the music videos? Not as solid on this though, as Benn Jordan writes some very dark music due to the bipolar depression, but is probably SEI, or some kind of Delta NF.

    Moloko, perhaps solely through Roisin Murphy (who is about as IEI as they come), would be Beta definitely.

  4. #364
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Rebecca Black (?-ISFp)
    Yeah, Alpha SF seems reasonable. I would've guessed ESE.

    Apparently it's some kind of internet meme to make fun of this song, but I don't really see what the fuss is about. To be honest the whole thing strikes me as an example of the dark side of the internet. Some kid records her first song, and because the internet is anonymous and no-one has to look her in the eye, they feel no qualms at all about saying really cruel things. She seems like a nice person who means well, and I hope the infamy she's gained from this helps her to find better producers.

    So yeah -- ESE seems possible, as she seems to have triggered my "ESE-protecting" instinct.
    Quaero Veritas.

  5. #365
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh god, I may have to look into Rebecca Black. It just might be true...Seems like an song anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Björk always struck me as being kind of too dark for Alpha, moreso her music videos than her music, so perhaps it's just whoever she has directing & producing the music videos? Not as solid on this though, as Benn Jordan writes some very dark music due to the bipolar depression, but is probably SEI, or some kind of Delta NF.
    Hm, what else could Bjork be? In my mind SEI and IEE are the most likely typings.

  6. #366
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,553
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tamar Kaprelian (?Si-ISFp?)



    Anna Rossinelli (Ne-INTj)

    She's a pretty good contender for Eurovision imo
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  7. #367
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Oh god, I may have to look into Rebecca Black. It just might be true...Seems like an song anyway.
    From Wikipedia:

    In late 2010, a classmate of Black and music-video client of Ark Music Factory, a Los Angeles vanity record label, told her about the company. Black's mother, Georgina Kelly, paid Ark Music $2,000 for a package that included a choice of two pre-written songs; according to Kelly, the payment covered one half or less of the production costs of the music video, and Black's family could have paid nothing in exchange for giving up all rights to the song. Black chose "Friday", as "the other song was about adult love – I haven't experienced that yet. 'Friday' is about hanging out with friends, having fun. I felt like it was my personality in that song." Ark Music handled the song's recording, which used the pitch-correcting software Auto-Tune. Although Kelly had some doubts over the quality of the lyrics, Black assured her that "I sang it as they wrote it, Mom."
    and
    The video was shot in January 2011 at Black's father's house with friends and family as extras, and requiring multiple takes over 12 hours. Ark Music, according to Black's parents, cautioned them and her that they should not expect her to become famous. Black hoped that her friends and family would enjoy watching the video on YouTube and that it would perhaps help her to later begin a singing career. The video received 4,000 views, enough to please Black, before the Tosh.0 blog post drew attention to it.
    Based on that, she seems like a nice kid whose mom took her to make a song with a cheap production company, and was rewarded with the virulent hatred of the cynical hordes that populate the dark corners of the Internet.

    Also, note her reasons for choosing "Friday" over the other possible song; they're all based on emotion. She hadn't experienced the emotion associated with the other song (adult love), so she went with the song whose associated emotions she had experienced, and which she felt reflected her personality. Combined with the video, I'd say that's a reasonable case for Fe-Ego at least, and probably ESE (her PoLR Ni couldn't foresee any of the possible negative consequences of making the video).
    Quaero Veritas.

  8. #368
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,401
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Based on that, she seems like a nice kid whose mom took her to make a song with a cheap production company, and was rewarded with the virulent hatred of the cynical hordes that populate the dark corners of the Internet.
    yeah i've read that stuff too, and some article that said she cried over reading some of the comments made about her and the song/video. that made me

  9. #369
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rebecca Black is probably LSE, as I suspected. She looks kind of like my LSE composite image.




  10. #370
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Rebecca Black is probably LSE, as I suspected. She looks kind of like my LSE composite image.
    I didn't notice anything particularly indicative of Te in her, when I was doing my brief bit of research. I'm curious as to what evidence lead you to that conclusion, or was it just the V.I.?
    Quaero Veritas.

  11. #371
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I didn't notice anything particularly indicative of Te in her, when I was doing my brief bit of research. I'm curious as to what evidence lead you to that conclusion, or was it just the V.I.?
    Partly VI, partly the way her music is (boring, about mundane stuff). There's also a point in this interview where she recalls the number of views her video got, with rather impressive precision. Also - a video is "successful" because it gets stuck in people's heads? WTF? Also she's a big fan of Justin Bieber.


  12. #372
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's an interview: [Edit: NVM, you already posted it. ]

    I'm wondering if this discussion should be split into a new thread?
    Quaero Veritas.

  13. #373
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    God, that song only uses like 4 notes. And watching all the new comments roll in on youtube is pretty hilarious.

  14. #374
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last edited by bg; 03-28-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  15. #375
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,553
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    partly the way her music is (boring, about mundane stuff).
    Not type-related, the song is objectively bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    There's also a point in this interview where she recalls the number of views her video got, with rather impressive precision.
    Memory != Te

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Also - a video is "successful" because it gets stuck in people's heads? WTF?
    I just took that as her trying to rationalize the gap between what she thinks the song is and how it comes off to other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Also she's a big fan of Justin Bieber.
    And this makes her not Fe how?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  16. #376
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Galen I should note that I'm not 100% sure on this typing and definitely ESE would be my second guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Not type-related, the song is objectively bad.
    You really don't think types are more likely to be perceived as boring than types?

    Memory != Te
    Not what I said.

    I just took that as her trying to rationalize the gap between what she thinks the song is and how it comes off to other people.
    Your point?

    And this makes her not Fe how?
    Well I think Bieber is ESI or maybe EII. Just some supporting evidence.

  17. #377
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Rebecca Black is probably LSE, as I suspected. She looks kind of like my LSE composite image.
    What is that "composite image" and what can that reveal?
    ---

    My first thought was LSE, too, though I have no serious opinion.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  18. #378
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    What is that "composite image" and what can that reveal?
    It's a composite of around 8 different LSEs that I personally know. I made some for other types too.

    http://www.faceresearch.org/

  19. #379
    Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Children singing Ave Satani= excellence
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

    ILE

  20. #380
    stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  21. #381
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  22. #382
    stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Morrissey is a mega Beta.

  23. #383
    وزير‎‎ lungs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,262
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've wondered for awhile if reggie and the full effect is alpha music. so i will ask the alphas. ?



    Hitta: lungs is like a reverse tootsie roll pop
    Hitta: sticky elastic external persona... strong core
    Hitta: or a bukkake girl

  24. #384

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Partly VI, partly the way her music is (boring, about mundane stuff).
    Hi, haven't talked in awhile.
    It's interesting how many people are misled about Rebecca Black's song. They think she wrote it and that it can give much insight on her personality. A lot of times, that's not how it works in pop music. If you research the song, you'll find that the producers at Ark Music Factory wrote the song. She was given a choice of two songs and she picked that one because it was more age-appropriate. The robotic voice thing with the auto-tune was also their decision. Of course, if her personality resonates with the song, maybe that says something, but people should understand that she didn't write that thing and she's not really responsible for the "badness" of it. Actually, she did a great job for being only 13.

    As to "boring/mundane" suggesting Te? I'm sure that's a slip...you didn't mean that.

  25. #385
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    5,859
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hi, haven't talked in awhile.
    It's interesting how many people are misled about Rebecca Black's song. They think she wrote it and that it can give much insight on her personality. A lot of times, that's not how it works in pop music. If you research the song, you'll find that the producers at Ark Music Factory wrote the song. She was given a choice of two songs and she picked that one because it was more age-appropriate. The robotic voice thing with the auto-tune was also their decision. Of course, if her personality resonates with the song, maybe that says something, but people should understand that she didn't write that thing and she's not really responsible for the "badness" of it. Actually, she did a great job for being only 13.
    Yeah, good point. Idk how much input she had into the song. Her voice isn't bad when it's not autotuned.

    As to "boring/mundane" suggesting Te? I'm sure that's a slip...you didn't mean that.
    It's also Si, to be fair.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  26. #386

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    It's also Si, to be fair.
    I know what you mean...There's a sort of "administrative" quality to LSE, and also the song itself could be seen as LSE. The "directness" of it, proceeding from the obvious intention to appeal to a certain demographic, possibly points towards Te.

    Still, I think there's also LSE-oriented music that's very good, and not at all boring or mundane. This just happens to be a "bad" song...but not so bad as people think, because it's memorable. It's one of those things that's "so bad that it's good," like Plan 9 from Outer Space. If something is unique enough to be considered "the worst <song|movie|etc.> of all time," then it couldn't really be that bad after all.

  27. #387
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,553
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amelia Curran: Ne-INTj



    Neil Cicierega: Ne-INTj
    Last edited by Galen; 04-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  28. #388
    Vocaloid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    TIM
    ENFp
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Dude, I love Olivia Lufkin,
    I would pick Bleeding Heart by her, though

  29. #389
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    823
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    This is the theme song for horny ESE/ESFjs:



    And horny LII/INTjs:


  30. #390
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,553
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Adele: Fe-ESFj
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  31. #391

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oymyakon
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly" (the Skin Horse)

  32. #392
    detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Electrocution 250:


  33. #393
    Quaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  34. #394
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaris View Post
    Let me guess, the vocal of Einherjer died in a motorcycle accident, then the other members renamed the band in his memory.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  35. #395
    Quaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Let me guess, the vocal of Einherjer died in a motorcycle accident, then the other members renamed the band in his memory.
    Checked out the band. I take your post as an insult.

  36. #396
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Muse seems pretty alpha to me or maybe beta with some alphaness. I like their music anyway.


    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  37. #397
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Kina Grannis is an SEI.


    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  38. #398
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,759
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Architecture in Helsinki always struck me as Alpha, maybe it's just all the colours



    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  39. #399
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default







    created video duality
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  40. #400
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,655
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, that portal credits song is really cool.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •