View Poll Results: What type is mikemex?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alpha SF

0 0%
  • Beta NF

1 7.14%
  • IxFp

1 7.14%
  • ExFj

0 0%
  • a Fe type

2 14.29%
  • ENFj

1 7.14%
  • INFp

1 7.14%
  • ESFj

0 0%
  • ISFp

0 0%
  • ENFp

6 42.86%
  • other

2 14.29%

Thread: mikemex

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mikemex

What type is (s)he?

I didn't plan on making a type thread for him/her, but this caught my attention:

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    I see them as a calculator because, when you push a few buttons, they do all the dirty stuff for you. Logicals are specially susceptible to this. It doesn't matter what your opinion over a topic is: just add something you know is not right (even bizarre) and they will jump on to correct the "blasphemy". They will start to explain it to you and, the more you play dumb (arrogant is my favorite), the more effort they will put to do it right. You just need to agree with them time to time, so they don't think their efforts are completely useless. The wonderful thing about it is that you not only get away with the explanation of what's wrong, but also a confirmation on the rest. And, if you end up the heated discussion with agreement, they are even happy to be used.
    my stance based on the information I have so far: ENFj > INFp > Alpha SF > ENFp > ESFp > anything else
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what type he is but I would like to know too, sometimes i detect most... other times . I do not read his posts much because (a bit like slacker mom) i found myself rolling my eyes a lot when reading them and they are sometimes quite long. He does have some interesting (but unpopular) observations that I think are often not far from reality at all ; however they are often presented without "tact" shall we say and some of his better insights IMO are presented with some that are far less so and can even be seen as offensive. I think he often sees some of the weaknesses and strengths of certain types quite clearly in the way some ENXps do.

Overall, I think he might be an dominant but that is mainly based on the similarity in the way I subjectively experience his insights compared with other dominants particularly ENFps here. He consistently expresses a high opinion of too...even seeing it to be as logical as .

I do not want to be a part of any "attack" mikemex "movement" if one exists though.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I do not want to be apart of any "attack" mikemex "movement" if one exists though.
    If there is one, it is most certainly not what this thread is about.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes he seems very ENFp to me. Sometimes I think maybe he values Fe over Fi. But creative Fi can look something like Fe. And he has some really good insights about ENFps so . . . I don't know I guess until I hear good reason to think he's something else I'll think ENFp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've seen enough of him. ESE.

maybe even an ethical EIE, but i tend to doubt it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to decide wether his motto is "I'm perfect, aren't I" or "Everything I do is perfect, isn't it?". Seems obvious that it's one of those two. In either case, our choice is limited to ENTp, ESFp, INFp, ISTp.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ixfp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my vote is enfp with unresolved issues.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alas, i still believe he's an egotistical NeFi who thinks he knows everything
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    We have to decide wether his motto is "I'm perfect, aren't I" or "Everything I do is perfect, isn't it?". Seems obvious that it's one of those two. In either case, our choice is limited to ENTp, ESFp, INFp, ISTp.
    Good call -- positivist-taciturn-result or positivist-taciturn-process.

A reminder to those who mix up Smilexian Socionics with Reinin's original description of dichotomies -- that's the kind of thing Smilingeyes meant when defining his behavioral charts using dichotomies along temperaments, a person's overall behavior or "motto", rather than the real-life observations of "on the spot" behavior as defined by Reinin.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Good call -- positivist-taciturn-result or positivist-taciturn-process.

A reminder to those who mix up Smilexian Socionics with Reinin's original description of dichotomies -- that's the kind of thing Smilingeyes meant when defining his behavioral charts using dichotomies along temperaments, a person's overall behavior or "motto", rather than the real-life observations of "on the spot" behavior as defined by Reinin.
    What is the source for this information about mottos? I mean the Smilexian thing. I'd like to read it.
    Intuition

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Other Results of the Reinin Model" under Articles.

Question: what are mikemex's strengths?

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met a guy in the IRC recently. After a few minutes it became quite obvious that he was my identical, because many of the ways of him to talk and the examples to demonstrate things are exactly like mine. It was like talking to myself.

He doesn't know anything about socionics, so I took advantage of that and made him to take a test. I was expecting ENFp but guess what? He scored INTj. I was like "WTF!?" so I made him to take another test and guess what? INTj again. I asked him to read both INTj and ENFp descriptions and he said that INTj was the correct one. So INTj.

So be careful. When you get obsessed with an idea like socionics, you risk losing your objectivity. Types might not exist and socionics could be an empty promise. Be open to that possibility.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting.

First of all, however, testing is not a good way to determine one's type. Secondly, reading type descriptions may not be a good way to determine one's type, either. Thirdly, are you talking about Hugo? Lastly, anyone from your quadra or a comparative or look a like could give you an "identity" vibe, especially online.

Recently I've spent some time with someone who I am extremely confident is my identical. This is the first time that has ever happened. There are people who I relate to who are probably my identical, but I've never identified with them as strongly as I have this guy. But who knows, irl I may identify with the aforementioned people as much as I identify with that person.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met a guy in the IRC recently. After a few minutes it became quite obvious that he was my identical, because many of the ways of him to talk and the examples to demonstrate things are exactly like mine. It was like talking to myself.

He doesn't know anything about socionics, so I took advantage of that and made him to take a test. I was expecting ENFp but guess what? He scored INTj. I was like "WTF!?" so I made him to take another test and guess what? INTj again. I asked him to read both INTj and ENFp descriptions and he said that INTj was the correct one. So INTj.

So be careful. When you get obsessed with an idea like socionics, you risk losing your objectivity. Types might not exist and socionics could be an empty promise. Be open to that possibility.
    There's also the possibility that you're not ENFp too.

Err but.. I agree with Ann. I think mikemex is ENFp.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and what, pray tell, is supposed to be the moral of this idiotic tirade?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree completely w/ megan & he died with a felafel. i could possibly see him as some type, as well, but i tend to do the same thing as megan and ignore his posts more often than not.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thirdly, are you talking about Hugo?

thats what i thought too
    SEE Unknown Subtype