View Poll Results: Are people perceiving me as trying to be an authority based on the conscious and unconscious influen

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that is more than likely the case ...

0 0%
  • It might be something else ...

0 0%
  • 134 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The creative and activating functions (2nd and 6th)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    RMCNew, I think the criticisms stem from the fact that not that you are attempting to BE authoriative but instead HOLD authority; this is due to the fact of the relative scarcity of Socionic material. This is heightened because your material is a sort of Socionic material that's perceived as possessing authority due to the fact that you run a website.
    True. I've come across www.socion.info, and it looks pretty professional. Very good layout, very easy to navigate. That's a good thing, yes, but it makes the sort of misunderstanding MysticSonic described a bit more likely.

@rmcnew:

There's one thing I find puzzling. I'm new here, so perhaps I just missed something, but I thought I'd just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    It has to do with hypocracy, you say I should basically do the equivalent of stamping "amature" acrost my head whenever I do anything, but what sort of authority should demand that I do that?
    What do you mean by "what sort of authority should demand" that you do that? It's just a thing that's done by scientists and professionals everywhere. You give your credentials. End of story. No attack on anyone's credibility. You just state the facts for the other person's information. No offence meant, none taken.

Being an amateur isn't something you "brand yourself" with. There are plenty of amateurs who achieve a very high amount of expertise. I'd say people know that. I don't have any problems about reading texts developed by amateurs, and I don't think people in general have one. Your website is well designed and your texts look professional, and that's something that will always inspire respect. It will make people ready to listen to what you've got to say, no matter if you've got some letters to add to your name or not.

[/quote]Especially since I am solely responsible for the content ... that is not anyone else's job but mine.[quote]

What would change if you said so on your website? Just a question. As I said, I'm puzzled by your vehemence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Here's what's strange: if rmcnew wasn't here to back up his claims, chances are that everyone would be more on the side of Waddlesworth. In fact, I remember an incident where one forum member attempted to change the wording of what Ni/Ne were called, so someone decided that wasn't good, and everyone else followed.

Now the same thing is happening, but everyone's following the first person to say that rmcnew was right.
    No forum member is in ANY position to change the theory. Anyone that thinks that socionics is their's to change and alter to fit their own limitations is a fool. Socionics is also mathematical(a part I'm just now beginning to figure out), in case you forgot, so if its gone that far the accepted names should be seen as valid and should not be changed. Why should "the16types.info" forum members be able to rewrite the names of functions? Why should anyone here think that they have the right to put a model out there which has basically no foundation?

Hey, if I'm aggravating to people it's because either they don't like me, can't see the big picture, or they are living in a fantasy land. Socionics is a science, you can't just fuck around with it like it's your play toy and not expect criticism.

You fuck around with it and I'll shred you, end of story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    Here's what's strange: if rmcnew wasn't here to back up his claims, chances are that everyone would be more on the side of Waddlesworth. In fact, I remember an incident where one forum member attempted to change the wording of what Ni/Ne were called, so someone decided that wasn't good, and everyone else followed.

Now the same thing is happening, but everyone's following the first person to say that rmcnew was right.
    No forum member is in ANY position to change the theory. Anyone that thinks that socionics is their's to change and alter to fit their own limitations is a fool. Socionics is also mathematical(a part I'm just now beginning to figure out), in case you forgot, so if its gone that far the accepted names should be seen as valid and should not be changed. Why should "the16types.info" forum members be able to rewrite the names of functions? Why should anyone here think that they have the right to put a model out there which has basically no foundation?

Hey, if I'm aggravating to people it's because either they don't like me, can't see the big picture, or they are living in a fantasy land. Socionics is a science, you can't just fuck around with it like it's your play toy and not expect criticism.

Can't have it both ways, big guy. Did I tell you the one about earth being flat . . . ?

Now don't jump on me. Just fuckin' with ya.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you kinda sorta got me there. So I'll change my above wording to "the rules" to replace "the theory" if you'd like.

See, this is why it's good to log in :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ww
    maybe you kinda sorta got me there. So I'll change my above wording to "the rules" to replace "the theory" if you'd like.

See, this is why it's good to log in :wink:
    Whew! I thought for sure you were gonna crucify me.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Socionics is a science..."

Bull shit.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddles w

I think waddles should either go create his own conceivable science and leave other people the heck out of it or rename socionics to "science acccording waddles."

There is a diffrence between the way "a person thinks something should be " and "what it actually is ..."

And by the way ... has anyone else noticed anything or anything that would imply a lack of , cause I am sure starting to see it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"And by the way ... has anyone else noticed anything Extraverted Thinking or anything that would imply a lack of Extraverted Intution , cause I am sure starting to see it."

Who gives a shit. Stop pointing fingers at one another and get over yourselves.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"And by the way ... has anyone else noticed anything Extraverted Thinking or anything that would imply a lack of Extraverted Intution , cause I am sure starting to see it."

Who gives a shit. Stop pointing fingers at one another and get over yourselves.
    Anyone else?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just wondering what this theory means to everybody, because we get so frickin attached to certain ideas yada yada.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Anyone else?"

What's the value of your comment besides the subvertion of Waddle's intellectual credibility? It's all rather childish in my opinion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Anyone else?"

What's the value of your comment besides the subvertion of Waddle's intellectual credibility? It's all rather childish in my opinion.
    Besides the fact that I am seeing a trend that implies and a lack of ... there is such a thing as changing the subject.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Socionics is a science..."

Bull shit.
    I think that there are a lot of people who would agree with that.

My Dad studies the brain for a living (he's a neuroscientist) and the first time he heard about every person in the world being born into one of 16 types; he thought it was bullshit.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-waddy boy!

yeah, who cares. I don't really care what anyone says on this forum. I don't care about any of it. I know I'm "getting it" and yeah, perhaps I'll make my own science called "waddlesworth's theory of the universe" and then when it gets published and two people buy it I'll recede into the darkness and someone will find my body decomposing beside a railroad track somewhere.

People, i don't really care, i just have fun arguing. is socionics a science? yeah, it's a social science. but do i really care about Rmcnew's interpretations, no, i don't. I don't really care about much of anything. I also couldn't give a shit about what anyone thinks.

I'm a weird guy. I think about weird things, make weird drawings, and sorta feel a little lonely. I'm sort of bored and also sorta goofy about life and people, and functions and science. I just think life is a cosmic cornball fest and that things are so awkwardly amusing. I like to watch people argue and like to make arguments. I like to hate people because I love them so much, and in alot of ways I just see Rmcnew as being me a year ago, only less careful about what he says. and its all funny to me, its all a goof-fest and we're all a bunch of goofs. just a little pocket in an unforgiving world with unforgiving people that are lonely, bored, tired, and angry.

So have fun everyone, do what you want and if i argue with you its because I demand satisfaction and can't settle for anything but satisfaction.
    Rmcnew, you're a funny guy and i enjoy looking at your weird ideas and thinking about how much reality distorts itself because we are all just pockets of ignorance that pick up nuts and bolts and broken glass out of that connotative wave we call time and space.

maybe we should all get together, have a few beers, and throw rocks at a factory window... we can leave a few piles of garbage around us also, since its all just going to get pushed to some corner of the planet anyway.

but the best thing to do is to not get over yourself. think you're the best, argue, fight, cooperate, and just goof around. who cares.

hm, what was i getting at? nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12