Thread: INFp or INFj? Or something else?

Creepy-

Default INFp or INFj? Or something else?

niorwjkbnfds

Creepy-Monica

Ummm...you kind of sound like both me and my sister. I am an INFJ and she is INFP... both ethical subtypes.

Both of our passions are psychology and the performing arts (esp. music). And we are often involved in humanitarian pursuits.

You might want to take a look at the subtype descriptions...they may or may not help. But I like them because they accurately pinpoint all of the superficial" differences between me and my twin. On a superficial level we are similar but our body language and facial expressions are very different.

And the INFJ ethical subtype is labeled as the psychologist and the INFP ethical type as the diplomat. This fits us both well... because during our outreach efforts her main concern is peace, harmony, and making the world a better place. But my focus is on helping people feel understood/accepted and bringing out their potential.

I'm quiet about 50% of the time, the rest of the time I'm probably chattering away because I'm very exciteable and my introspection takes me to exciting places that I want to talk about! I have a lot to say, but I don't tend to be very good at saying it.
    Now this sounds like me. I'm typically quiet but when I've been researching something or thinking about something I have to spill out my inner thoughts to someone I'm close to (usu. to my twin)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I'm asked for one, blood must drain away from my pre-frontal cortex or something like that and I stop being able to think, and then I'm like "Damn!"

Ok, I'm the only one who found that funny. It's probably because I'm a loser, and you really have to to actually get it. Oh, well.

So you might be an Ethical-intuitive Intratim (INFJ), but just to make sure, answer this:

Do you worry about health a lot? Explain your answer.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    As soon as I'm asked for one, blood must drain away from my pre-frontal cortex or something like that and I stop being able to think, and then I'm like "Damn!"

Ok, I'm the only one who found that funny. It's probably because I'm a loser, and you really have to to actually get it. Oh, well.

So you might be an Ethical-intuitive Intratim (INFJ), but just to make sure, answer this:

Do you worry about health a lot? Explain your answer.
    No, that really is funny.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, ishy, you're adorable.

I think you're a little but of both, but I'm leaning towards p.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Default Re: INFp or INFj? Or something else?

Ishyquishy (I like your username), this is all deja vu. I'm struggling with the same problem. In fact, most of your post could have been written by me. lol The only difference is that I usually type Enneagram 5, INTP (MBTI). I'm most likely a E4, INFP (MBTI). I relate very much to your comment about wanting to be a perpetual student. I always make this comment. And ironically, I'm a big fan of biology and taxonomy is my line of work. I manage an ID Lab. I love my job.

Socionics INFj I think best describes my personality type, with flavors of INTj and INFp mixed in (wing influences :wink: ). In any case, I too am looking for someone to shed light on this issue.

Creepy-

Default Re: INFp or INFj? Or something else?

Rats! This is my post. I didn't realize I was not logged in. Blame it on my newbiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Ishysquishy (I like your username), this is all deja vu. I'm struggling with the same problem. In fact, most of your post could have been written by me. lol The only difference is that I usually type Enneagram 5, INTP (MBTI). I'm most likely a E4, INFP (MBTI). I relate very much to your comment about wanting to be a perpetual student. I always make this comment. And ironically, I'm a big fan of biology and taxonomy is my line of work. I manage an ID Lab. I love my job.

Socionics INFj I think best describes my personality type, with flavors of INTj and INFp mixed in (wing influences :wink: ). In any case, I too am looking for someone to shed light on this issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, now I 'm really embarassed! Actually, I see that I am logged in like I was before, and I'm not sure why my username is not being accompanied with my posts, why I'm being labeled 'guest'. Well, if this third post does not display my username, it is Nicole!

This is a good start to my participation on this board...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you post, see if the top of the post offers a name and subject box or just a subject box. =)
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

per Rocky: "So you might be an Ethical-intuitive Intratim (INFJ), but just to make sure, answer this:
    Do you worry about health a lot? Explain your answer."

I vote INFJ but waiting for that answer too.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that question to ishy? If so, it's not really fair in her case...
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Is that question to ishy? If so, it's not really fair in her case...
    Why can't ishysquishy answer the question?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's not here! LOL

But I have no doubts that she will answer the question.
    SEE

Creepy-

gheijlkrhkjsfds

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's not like I think about it every minute of every day. I probably think about it less than I should be, at least in terms of what I should/shouldn't be eating. Oh well.
    INFJ (EII).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    But it's not like I think about it every minute of every day. I probably think about it less than I should be, at least in terms of what I should/shouldn't be eating. Oh well.
    INFJ (EII).
    I concur. Nice to know ya, Rocky. Ya little fox! :wink:

Creepy-

rteuwiohvsdk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    So what is it that makes me an INFj rather than an INFp?
    Because IxIs (INxPs) are more concious of their health, and can become neurotic over it. xIIs (INxJs) more often ignore/disregard it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

reywuiohfkjsd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from that point? (edit from this point) I was hoping for more detail.
    Dealing with health (as in Si) is diffrent for diffrent types. IxI types have a third ("nuerosis") function of Si. The third is a concious function (but semi-weak). This means that sometimes people can think about this function a little bit too much and put emphasis on it... or become nuerotic over it, when the collective unconcious puts pressure on it.

^^ This does not sound like you.

For xII types, Si is the hidden agenda. The hidden agenda is a subconsious function, so it's more easily ignored. It's something that your mind is gear to want, but you don't know the best way to go about getting it. You can also doubt yourself a lot while dealing with this function.

^^ This sounds like you.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

tryewiuhjksv

Creepy-

ruweiohnksd

Creepy-

rwehiohfkjds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I've been thinking about this a lot.

INFj might be the right one, but I can't seem to say to myself "I am not INFp".

Kind of confused...is it possible to be borderline between a couple?
    Exactly the same questions . . . this is extremely weird!

After reading both INFp and INFj descriptions . . . as several peeple have mentioned I sound a bit more j than p . . . and after reading this thread again, I am convinced now that I am INFj but an INFp wanna be for some reason . . . ??? I kinda think I had to be an INFp to fight the battles that allow me to now rest in peace as an INFj. I used to be so careful about punctuation and spelling and not typing words like wanna and coulda and such which always made me feel that I appeared dumb . . . but now I don't care what Pedro thinks of me as the words flow a lot easier. I still can't give up not capitalizing the first word in a sentence though.

So now I gotta change my sig a bit and stop obsessing over and being possessive of Darklord who stood his ground in spite of me. You have an uncanny resemblance to an old . . . excuse me . . . former boyfriend of mine. <---- See! Just a week ago I would have edited that out! I'm going to start carrying a big stick to beat the bushes for Pedro with . . . what kinda sentence was that? Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit. I did go back and edit out some unnecessary words that I felt jumbled things up a bit. Pedro get out of my life!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default =^^=

I would suppose it's more possible to be borderline with your mirror, or perhaps with your lookalike or comparative, but to be confused with your quasi-identical is too much distance.

As in:
    -- .. Share all values with signs but swapped
    -- .. Share functions 1,3,5 and 7.
    -- .. Shares functions 2, 4, 6, and 8.
    But
    -- .. Shares nothing functionally ^_^;; resemblance comes from a very different pool ^_^;

Artemis: Btw, welcome to the delta quadra =^^=!
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, just to add . . . I fit INFj from the health related aspect, Rocky.

I'm not a bit talented in the performing arts and they really do bore me to tears except maybe dancing as it is such an admirable discipline of the body and I admire that . . . can't do it . . . have no desire to . . . but admire it. As to Ishy and his love of learning . . . oh yes! I used to collect books and had them piled everywhere around the house and would spend days just reading the titles and running my hands reverently over them in some kind of spiritual estacy. Then my husband packed them all away in boxes so I just started giving books away after that as I realized they do no good if one can't indulge in them. So now I force books on people. I found a nice ENTj who likes to read the same stuff I do so we have our own little book club.

I'm pretty much a live and let live person and expect the same. It's just basic respect. I love my own space and privacy and have a very high comfort level. The INFj thing about food isn't me as I love to experience different cultures through food and presentation is very important to me. I wanna enjoy looking at what's on my plate as well at eating it.

I am emotionally manipulative if I have to be as I can be stubborn about getting my own way and emotional manipulation works. I won't try to change you . . . just step aside, please.

I find people either love me . . . and I have several true blue friends . . . or just plain can't stand me. I have been accussed of being expressionless and uncaring which is probably true as I turn a deaf ear when I'm uninterested. I remind myself of Calvin in Calvin and Hobbes where his dad says school is for learning and Calvin says something like . . . then why is it that I never learn what I want to learn?

Okay, no more long posts. A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Artemis: Btw, welcome to the delta quadra =^^=!"

But betas always talk about sex . . . I like that.

Creepy-

Default Re: =^^=

rywuihcbjs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: =^^=

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko
    I would suppose it's more possible to be borderline with your mirror, or perhaps with your lookalike or comparative, but to be confused with your quasi-identical is too much distance.

As in:
    -- .. Share all values with signs but swapped
    -- .. Share functions 1,3,5 and 7.
    -- .. Shares functions 2, 4, 6, and 8.
    But
    -- .. Shares nothing functionally ^_^;; resemblance comes from a very different pool ^_^;

Artemis: Btw, welcome to the delta quadra =^^=!
    I disagree with the Quasi-identicsl being too distant.

See, an EII has Fi and Ne as strong concious functions, and IEI has Ni and Fe as strong concious functions, but EII also has Ni and Fe as strong subconcious functions while the IEI has Fi and Ne as stron subconcious functions.

This means that an EII and an IEI both share strong Fi, Fe, Ni, Ne and they both share a weak Ti, Te, Si, Se. This is where some confusion can come up, if you're mixing around what the "job" is of the stronger and the weaker functions.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!