Thread: Nev and Max (The 'Catfish' Guys)

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nev and Max (The 'Catfish' Guys)

This show is a guilty pleasure of mine. At times it borders on Maury levels of trash, but these two make it tolerable:

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-bg

i saw one episode and felt it getting it's hooks in me, haven't gone back to the Catfish pipe since

(no idea on types)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    i saw one episode and felt it getting it's hooks in me, haven't gone back to the Catfish pipe since

(no idea on types)
    Yeah, it is addictive. Thankfully, there aren't too many episodes so it's not a huge time suck. Also, I just fast forward until the end. The reveal is the only interesting part.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see tonight's episode with Justin ( I think that was his name)? I always thought this show was 100% real but this last episode was entirely too crazy to be legit. And max and nev are like..made for each other. I wish they'd just get married already. Idk their types sorry

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Catfish is a show now?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Did you see tonight's episode with Justin ( I think that was his name)? I always thought this show was 100% real but this last episode was entirely too crazy to be legit. And max and nev are like..made for each other. I wish they'd just get married already. Idk their types sorry
    Yeah, that was the most hilarious episode ever. I don't think it was completely fake, at least not Justin. I think he has some legitimate mental illness, but vigilante shtick was an act he put on to appear sympathetic/righteous without realizing how ridiculous he was coming across because he has horrible social skills (that scene when they went back to his house was like a low budget, direct-to-video horror movie; I was afraid he might come back with a chainsaw when he got up to get a drink).

I think what happens is the producers plan everything ahead of time before the catfishee, Nev, and Max are aware of anything (so their reactions are real and unscripted) to make sure that they can actually get everyone to sign consent forms, get legalities out of way, and make sure they can actually appear on the show and aren't dangerous or fake. Usually it's actually the person with the fake profile who contacts the show, and they set it up from there.

Yeah, they remind me of a married couple, lol.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i've gotten hooked up on this now, thank for sharing lol

as for typings, Nev Schulman has ESI vibes to him (probably Fi-subtype)

Max Joseph seems either SLE or LIE. I'm more inclined towards SLE since his wife seems to be SEI.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I've gotten hooked on this show also since you posted the thread @Animal, so another thanks for sharing.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shayley, you're welcome! Hope I didn't cause you too many wasted hours.

@siuntal, interesting typings. I can see ESI for Nev. He reminds me of a friend I had in high school. We got along great at first, but over the years we ended up inhabiting totally different social spheres. Nev seems very WYSIWYG, so I think Fi-Ij makes sense for him. Max as SLE...huh, interesting. Of the two, he's definitely the more cynical and more willing to take the catfishers on. (Although, in that last episode, Nev -- in crutches! -- was the one who stood between Crazy Justin and the other guy, while Max was just filming away on his camera, LOL.) I'm not sure to what extent this is a conscious, performative decision, though, for the cameras. If he is SLE, though, I can believe his dynamic with Nev because that aforementioned guy from high school, oddly, became good friends with my SLE brother. I think their shared makes that work very well. I don't see any signs of supervision between Nev and Max (not that guy and my brother), though. If anything, I find their relationship more asymmetrical in favor of Max. Of the two types you listed, I'm kind of leaning towards LIE, but something seems off about that typing as well.