Thread: My cousin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My cousin

Well, I figured out that I'm horrible at typing people IRL. So hats off to those of you with great observational skills.

I am unsure of the type of my cousin of whom I originally thought was ISTj, based purely off of an MBTI test and V.I. (the V.I. doesn't work anymore; the guy I thought he looked exactly like doesn't actually look like him very much.) I was discussing this with my INTj cousin, who's type I am confident of, and he said that the ISTj description doesn't fit him very well. After looking over the description again, I must agree that it doesn't fit him at all.

He is 15 and currently in 10th grade. His movements are quite loose and unaware. He more or less "falls" into each step, which gives him a characteristic waddle. His face is quite triangular, ending in a ball-chin point, and his eyes are a bit squinted. He was very, very quiet as a younger child and often spoke nasally. All throughout elementary school, he only had one friend other than myself and his brother.

Around me, he tends to be somewhat aggressive, where he will hit me in a victimizing fashion. And he does that because I never react to him. He is often the first one to quit an activity, getting bored with it and going off by himself to recharge. On that note, he often will, quite unexpectedly, want to be completely alone to do his own thing.

He is quite intelligent, and has a thirst for knowledge that matches my own. He is also quite curious, often asking me many questions about his topic of interest. He's a creative little fellow who often comes up with funny phrases or observations.

My relationship to him seems almost too perfect. From my standpoint, there is almost zero tension. We could hang out for hours and never really get bored, although we both have periodic bouts of wanting to get away and recharge. I could call the relation I have with him one of "mentor/mentee". He follows me in many things, often relying on my store of knowledge to build up his own. He also knows me almost too well. He can often predict what I will say in a given situation, even so far as to tell me what I was going to say (and he's almost always right.)

He usually doesn't take care of his appearance, and when eating, he can leave stains around his mouth, never realizing that they're there. Yet with other matters, he's not too messy nor too organized.

He matches me in my huge dislike soft or sentimental things. Whenever I show him one of my skills (like piano playing), he will often accuse me of thinking I'm "awesome" or something. He doesn't like when people become happy over something. He is also quite persistent at mastering a skill, but usually only in the initial stages.

Hope that was enough.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe NEI (that's what I'm calling INFPs now...).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp or perhaps INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking INTp. If this is the case, then it's obvious why I couldn't type him myself.

Maybe INFp. I was kind of thinking that too, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Forget about INFp. There's no way he is foppish, capricious, uneconomical, elegant, emotionally manipulative, or anything that resembles an INFp like my mother.

"He doesn't like when people become happy over something".

Does this indicate a weak Fe?
    Yes, yes it does.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Cone

EDIT: Forget about INFp. There's no way he is foppish, capricious, uneconomical, elegant, emotionally manipulative, or anything that resembles an INFp like my mother.

"He doesn't like when people become happy over something".

Does this indicate a weak Fe?
    Yes, yes it does.
    Female and male INFps are two completely different creatures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, I had him take another personality test and it came up that he was and ISTj. I am not sure if this is right but that is what he got.
    I think, therefore I am

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does that sound like INFp at all? A dislike of positive emotions? Maybe depressed, elitistic INFps are like that, but not pyschologically healthy ones.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna say maybe INFP up until...

He matches me in my huge dislike soft or sentimental things. Whenever I show him one of my skills (like piano playing), he will often accuse me of thinking I'm "awesome" or something. He doesn't like when people become happy over something. He is also quite persistent at mastering a skill, but usually only in the initial stages.

It could be simply that he's not comfortable sharing feelings with others readily... but I guess due to what you said I'd probly say INTP.

There's no way he is foppish, capricious, uneconomical, elegant, emotionally manipulative, or anything that resembles an INFp like my mother.
    These things listed don't apply to all INFP's. Capricious and uneconomical are the only two I'd really concider myself out of those two.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, I had him take another personality test and it came up that he was and ISTj. I am not sure if this is right but that is what he got.
    What test did you give him?

And MysticSonic, those are my sentiments exactly.

Right now, I am heavily inclined to INTp, unless I am misinterpreting everything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    These things listed don't apply to all INFP's. Capricious and uneconomical are the only two I'd really concider myself out of those two.
    I know a few female INFps who fit this description. Male INFps usually are much more reserved. I guess that can be termed "elegant" as there is a certain elegance in reserve... I think a better word would be courtly. For some reason, most of the INFp guys that I know give me the feeling they are from another era and from a high social strata. Like some 18th century heir who feels choked by his aristocratic milieu and wanders into middle class 21st century. I'm weird, I know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave him the Jung Personality test and the avatar is Lich from the Final Fantasy Series.
    I think, therefore I am

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My cousin

[quote="Cone"]
    He is 15 and currently in 10th grade. His movements are quite loose and unaware. He more or less "falls" into each step, which gives him a characteristic waddle. His face is quite triangular, ending in a ball-chin point, and his eyes are a bit squinted.

He was very, very quiet as a younger child and often spoke nasally. All throughout elementary school, he only had one friend other than myself and his brother. ...going off by himself to recharge. On that note, he often will, quite unexpectedly, want to be completely alone to do his own thing.
    1) His first function should be one of negative sign.

He also knows me almost too well. He can often predict what I will say in a given situation, even so far as to tell me what I was going to say (and he's almost always right.)

...he will often accuse me of thinking I'm "awesome" or something.

He doesn't like when people become happy over something.
    2) might be one of his first two functions if he does that on many people.

[quote="Cone"]He matches me in my huge dislike soft or sentimental things. [quote="Cone"]
    3) This might imply he dislikes the feeling function that is off Cone's quadra's values, that is . And then may be either on his super-ego or id block.

He is also quite persistent at mastering a skill, but usually only in the initial stages.
    I would be prudent on using this as a pattern since
    He is 15 and currently in 10th grade.
    And few people are strict to themselves at that age.

Around me, he tends to be somewhat aggressive, where he will hit me in a victimizing fashion. And he does that because I never react to him.
    4) should be among his quadra's values or at most be an overcompensated role.

My relationship to him seems almost too perfect. From my standpoint, there is almost zero tension. We could hang out for hours and never really get bored, although we both have periodic bouts of wanting to get away and recharge.
    5) Sociotypes with high chances on ease of relationship with an INTp are:
    - His whole quadra: INTp, ESFp, ENTj, ISFj.
    Lower but non-null chances are:
    - His quasi-identical: INTj
    - His benefactor: ISTj
    - His beneficiary: INFj
    - His superego: ISFp
    - His semi-dual: ESTp
    Still these should be at least a little tense

So:

6) Since (1), (2) and (3) he might be one of the intraverts belonging to a quadra where is a value and very possibly wearing it himself.
    - INTp, ISFj, ISTp, INFj

7)Since (4) we may easily discard chances for being INxj.

Since 5), 6) and 7) probably the types to choose among are those of:
    ISFj, making good sense of the apparent relation of activity described here
    ISTj, with overdeveloped , on an exhausting variant on the former.

He is also quite curious, often asking me many questions about his topic of interest. He's a creative little fellow who often comes up with funny phrases or observations.
    But ISFj's when it comes to creativity and curiosity they wear it on function 4. And that's very un ISFj'ish.

Upon all that and contradicting all my deductions.... i have my feeling he's Cone's super-ego, an ISFp with overdeveloped . Dunno ^^;
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    How does that sound like INFp at all? A dislike of positive emotions? Maybe depressed, elitistic INFps are like that, but not pyschologically healthy ones.
    There you go, tightening the screws a little too much again. :wink:

I don't think this is neccesarily a poor Fe function; what it means is that he is an introvert. Introverts naturally have a harder time stacking up their abilityoes with others, which can lead to jealousy or a dislike or showboaters. When he accuses Cone of doing something "awesome" he is talking about Te; extraverted thinking is practical logic and usually attempts to be "mastery" at several things. Someone with Te as a 4th function *might* get upset if someone is showing a high use of their Te function (like Cone was).

Female and male INFps are two completely different creatures.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko
    Upon all that and contradicting all my deductions.... i have my feeling he's Cone's super-ego, an ISFp with overdeveloped . Dunno ^^;
    Huh? Why not IEI (NEI, w/e)? Comparatives get along better than Super-egos, and do you think an Si type would ignore sensing in the way Cone described?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Koneko
    Huh? Why not IEI (NEI, w/e)? Comparatives get along better than Super-egos, and do you think an Si type would ignore sensing in the way Cone described?
    Maybe because of my own personal experience of perceiving ISFp's as messy hippies and going along better with superegos than comparatives ^^. but that's the part i can't go into demonstrations with, hence it's tacit on the former msg.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibally.

His movements are quite loose and unaware. He more or less "falls" into each step, which gives him a characteristic waddle.
    ^^ when I first read this I thought SEx (although it's hard without actually SEEING him walk).

Around me, he tends to be somewhat aggressive, where he will hit me in a victimizing fashion.
    Do you mean "hit" as in physically? If so, that could be sensing, too.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When he accuses Cone of doing something "awesome" he is talking about Te; extraverted thinking is practical logic and usually attempts to be "mastery" at several things. Someone with Te as a 4th function *might* get upset if someone is showing a high use of their Te function (like Cone was).
    Abilities are usually correlated with Ne. Ne is the opposite of Ni. It's a well-known fact that INTps don't like when others can do things better than them. Or maybe that's not well-known.

The "hitting" thing is a phase that I suspect all Victim types go through (at least INTps and ENFjs) as some sort of compensation for a weak volition. I was like him at a younger age, and he has just now begun to do that. It used to be me being the aggressive one. And also:

When interacting with others they may be very active, pushy and sometimes even aggressive. They often do not obey the norms of politeness and may sometime be rough and vulgar, however this behaviour usually does not last a long time.

It's just a stage that we go through.

Gotta go. More later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's unhealthy INFp IMO.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's about as INTp as an INTp could possibly be. And I'm proud of the guy.

So I'll stop this thread here.