Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Argh so what is my type?

  1. #1

    Default Argh so what is my type?

    Hey all, I've just gotten interested in the whole personality MBTI and Socionics thing but I'm a little confused with my type. I was hoping the experienced ones here can help out a little.

    MBTI gives me strong I and T preferences but my S and P only barely trumps N and J. Both INTP and ISTP describe me.

    Socionics tests result in an ISTp. I have only a vague idea how the J/P thing works though. How likely am I to be a ISTj if i'm MBTI ISTP? Reading the type descriptions here I seem to identify with both INTp and ISTp.

    Enneagram tests give more contradictory results where I scored highest in 3, 9 then followed by 8

    So what am I?

  2. #2
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Argh so what is my type?

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    MBTI gives me strong I and T preferences but my S and P only barely trumps N and J. Both INTP and ISTP describe me.
    You mean that you identify with both INTP and ISTP descriptions from MBTI? Any particular descriptions you have read?

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    Socionics tests result in an ISTp. I have only a vague idea how the J/P thing works though. How likely am I to be a ISTj if i'm MBTI ISTP?
    If your correct type is ISTP in the MBTI model, then you should identify with ISTp descriptions in Socionics. You should not switch the J/P. An ISTP is most similar to an ISTp in Socionics.

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    Reading the type descriptions here I seem to identify with both INTp and ISTp.
    Which descriptions have you read? You cannot identify with everything in both descriptions, so which parts do you not identify with in the descriptions? Which parts do you identify most strongly with?

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    Enneagram tests give more contradictory results where I scored highest in 3, 9 then followed by 8
    Enneagram 3 is primarily an extraverted type, and it is almost impossible that you could be an INTp if you identify most with that one. Enneagram 9 is the "IP temperament" type, which has ISFp as some sort of prototype. Enneagram 8 is again an extraverted type primarily, with ENTj as perhaps the most typical representative.

    If you are an INTp you should at least identify to a reasonable extent with Enneagram 5, which could perhaps also be your Enneagram type if you are an ISTp, but it fits better for an INTp. If you don't identify with 5 much at all, you cannot be an INTp.

    ISTj is not very likely based on the information you have provided so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    So what am I?
    To early to tell. If you want to be sure that you have found your correct type, you should not be in a hurry. It can sometimes be a long process, but it can speed up a bit if you don't jump to conclusions to fast. First we need as much information we can. We should not have any strong hypotheses at this stage.

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Argh so what is my type?

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    Hey all, I've just gotten interested in the whole personality MBTI and Socionics thing but I'm a little confused with my type. I was hoping the experienced ones here can help out a little.

    MBTI gives me strong I and T preferences but my S and P only barely trumps N and J. Both INTP and ISTP describe me.

    Socionics tests result in an ISTp. I have only a vague idea how the J/P thing works though. How likely am I to be a ISTj if i'm MBTI ISTP?

    ...

    So what am I?
    Learn this as soon as you can: MBTI is not the same theory as Socionics. When learning socionics, don't let MBTI knowledge get in the way of learning the material.


    as for your question, you get the same response everyone else does:

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    http://www.socionics.us/

    If you just want to learn your type and have a superficial understanding of socionics, describe yourself in the "what's my type" section of the forum.
    If you really want to discuss the material and learn socionics, then start with that link, and stick around for some time here in the forum.
    http://the16types.info
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!



    *takes a bow*
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    describe yourself. and ignore phaedrus' analyses.

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you read the ENTp description?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!
    She moderates, just not very often and never to dish out forum discipline ... all the mods just seem to leave that up to me anymore anyways.

  10. #10

    Default

    I knew I probably had to describe myself at some point but I was trying to get away with it

    Ok some stuff about me:

    I would love to travel around the world.
    I think life is about experiencing stuff. This was a change from "Life is about playing computer games forever" when I was young and then I realised I was missing out.
    I am very game to try out stuff but most people don't know it.
    I like all sports when I'm doing them. The hardest part is starting them because I'm too lazy. But otherwise, I love playing basketball.
    I love to learn. If I interested in something and don't understand it, I can get quite frustrated.
    I am interested in a lot of things, but I get bored after a while.
    If I'm really passionate about something, I'd really give my best. Otherwise, I'm just a slacker.
    I like people, but I'm just not too sociable. I get afraid of rejection so I don't really initiate stuff with people.
    I can drift into my inner world thinking.
    I think I look pissed off even I though I don't feel that way.
    I think I have good aesthetic sense.
    I don't seem to be the extraverted sensing type from MBTI since I'm not very observant about colours, smell, etc. I only notice the location of objects and the things that seem out of place.
    If it helps, I also more of a visual person from all the intelligence tests around (which seems to contradict the above, I don't know)
    I have got horrible memory. I may remember some useless lame stuff but not really the things I should remember - like what I've learnt in college. I can't recall them straight away but if someone (like my ENTP friend) names the particular term then I would remember it and the concept, albeit vaguely.


    That's as much as I can write at one go. Thanks for the replies so far

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    basically no information. a wild guess is SLI.

  12. #12
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,612
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    basically no information. a wild guess is SLI.
    Agree on both counts.

  13. #13
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!
    She moderates, just not very often and never to dish out forum discipline ... all the mods just seem to leave that up to me anymore anyways.
    That's cause they find themselves in a "can't win" position.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Umm.. some Ne/Si quadra type?
    I'm getting a NF vibe.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He who takes responsibility for the faults and hardships is ultimately the one who rules the land, so to say.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!
    She moderates, just not very often and never to dish out forum discipline ... all the mods just seem to leave that up to me anymore anyways.
    That's cause they find themselves in a "can't win" position.
    no, i just think if i handed out all the discipline i'd wind up overdoing it a la nazi warlord.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol good times
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18

    Default

    ENTP? NF vibe? sheesh... Never thought I would be either an E or an F

    hmm what other info do you think you guys need to tell my type?

  19. #19
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!
    She moderates, just not very often and never to dish out forum discipline ... all the mods just seem to leave that up to me anymore anyways.
    Maybe we should discuss this -- I have been less active in forum discipline, because (1) there has been less need for that than in previous times, (2) I thought that previously I was being over-active.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  20. #20
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm going to move this to the what's my type forum.
    Behold, implied's first act of moderation!
    She moderates, just not very often and never to dish out forum discipline ... all the mods just seem to leave that up to me anymore anyways.
    Maybe we should discuss this -- I have been less active in forum discipline, because (1) there has been less need for that than in previous times, (2) I thought that previously I was being over-active.
    you were. moderation should only be practiced in... moderation if at all

  21. #21
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    I would love to travel around the world.
    I think life is about experiencing stuff. This was a change from "Life is about playing computer games forever" when I was young and then I realised I was missing out.
    I am very game to try out stuff but most people don't know it.
    I like all sports when I'm doing them. The hardest part is starting them because I'm too lazy. But otherwise, I love playing basketball.
    I love to learn. If I interested in something and don't understand it, I can get quite frustrated.
    I am interested in a lot of things, but I get bored after a while.
    If I'm really passionate about something, I'd really give my best. Otherwise, I'm just a slacker.
    I like people, but I'm just not too sociable. I get afraid of rejection so I don't really initiate stuff with people.
    I can drift into my inner world thinking.
    I think I look pissed off even I though I don't feel that way.
    I think I have good aesthetic sense.
    I don't seem to be the extraverted sensing type from MBTI since I'm not very observant about colours, smell, etc. I only notice the location of objects and the things that seem out of place.
    If it helps, I also more of a visual person from all the intelligence tests around (which seems to contradict the above, I don't know)
    I have got horrible memory. I may remember some useless lame stuff but not really the things I should remember - like what I've learnt in college. I can't recall them straight away but if someone (like my ENTP friend) names the particular term then I would remember it and the concept, albeit vaguely.
    ENFp.

  22. #22
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can't type you from that. Let us talk to your friends, they'll give us the real dish.
    asd

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    describe yourself. and ignore phaedrus' analyses.
    Describe yourself. And pay close attention to my analyses. Ignore what others say about me when they criticize my understanding of Socionics.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by partiallyconscious
    ENTP? NF vibe? sheesh... Never thought I would be either an E or an F

    hmm what other info do you think you guys need to tell my type?
    What seems to be very clear is that you are an irrational type (a P type) of some sort. That is probably the only thing we can know for sure right now.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    describe yourself. and ignore phaedrus' analyses.
    Describe yourself. And pay close attention to my analyses. Ignore what others say about me when they criticize my understanding of Socionics.
    here's an idea. read both, and decide for yourself whose analyses make sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •