Thread: Shooting in VA 22-32 DEAD at University

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shooting in VA. 22-32 DEAD at University.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shooter is definitely dead, according to BBC radio.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really frightening. The Washington Post is calling it "the deadliest shooting spree in U.S. history."
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

31 dead, 10 injured --
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Thanks
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I'm not getting: the gunman killed two people at 7:15am and then TWO HOURS LATER killed THIRTY people. WTF happened in those two hours? What were the cops doing? Blacksburg is a small, relatively quiet town. There's not much ground to cover.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    This is what I'm not getting: the gunman killed two people at 7:15am and then TWO HOURS LATER killed THIRTY people. WTF happened in those two hours? What were the cops doing? Blacksburg is a small, relatively quiet town. There's not much ground to cover.
    Yeah, that's baffling. My only guess is there is some bad info being passed around about the chronology of the shooting, or the cops are morons (or somehow arrested/suspected the wrong person).

Maybe the first two were performed by a different shooter?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm... According to CNN one of the cops said, "We had some reason to believe the gunman had left campus." Doesn't sound like even he believed it.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may have sowed opinion into the authorities' thought processes subconsciously. It is a possibility.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the "why" yet?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the guy is dead. I doubt we'll be finding out a possible why anytime soon.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may have left a very detailed note in his pocket. (or similar)
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just heard them say that it had to do with a domestic disturbance, but I didn't catch any of the details.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll be able to extrapolate why, most likely.

Creepy-bg

maybe he was just a dick

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    maybe he was just a dick
    MAYBE HE WAS A MEAN MAN

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank god Dr Phil is on CNN/Larry King live to explain everything.

edited out the rest

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's just tasteless...

Creepy-bg

I didn't write it

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chill, I wasn't talking about you. I know you didn't write that. I was talking about the idiots who did.

Creepy-bg

oh OK then...

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chill, I wasn't talking about you. I know you didn't write that. I was talking about the idiots who did.
    why is that tasteless?
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, they're exploiting a very tragic situation to propagate their harebrained and grotesque theoretics. Why allocate the responsibility for the situation to some dubious institution which doesn't even exist when we have the inneptitude of the police, the sluggishness of the university administration (the school should have been put immediately on lock-down), and the actual killer to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    It crossed my mind almost immediately that some would be taking advantage of the opportunity. Seeing the event, and using it to further their cause.
    That's basically what I thought.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://prisonplanet.com/audio/160407shooting.mp3

The is that Alex Jones Show. I was just listening to it while I was watching you guys posting on this topic. But anyway this is pretty much in addition to the site that Boinicgoat posted.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, they're exploiting a very tragic situation to propagate their harebrained and grotesque theoretics. Why allocate the responsibility for the situation to some dubious institution which doesn't even exist when we have the inneptitude of the police, the sluggishness of the university administration (the school should have been put immediately on lock-down), and the actual killer to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    It crossed my mind almost immediately that some would be taking advantage of the opportunity. Seeing the event, and using it to further their cause.
    That's basically what I thought.
    well in theory that is what a secret goverment would do, or create a situation like this and do; that is take advantage of it.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this secret government exists... where? I'll let you know if I see anything suspicious next time I'm in Narnia.

I have to admit, though, of the conspiracy theory I've read, this one actually sounds slightly plausible. It WOULD make sense of the negligent way the situation was handled. If only we had proof, and not just some crackpots disseminating baseless ether over the internet.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is too early to really tell for sure. On the surface, the whole thing sounds funny.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CNN just alluded that it might be because his GF left him.

Ah, another young male that has been trained into emotional outbursts. Well done, American Culture.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    It is too early to really tell for sure.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    CNN just alluded that it might be because his GF left him.
    That makes me angry.

Ah, another young male that has been trained into emotional outbursts. Well done, American Culture.
    They are saying the kid was a Chinese exchange student. Perhaps he thought this is how we deal with our problems here in the U.S. You have to admit, we haven't done much to quell that sort of image of our country. (Now I'm being tasteless... @ self)

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this secret government exists... where? I'll let you know if I see anything suspicious next time I'm in Narnia.

Well, it is not really secret; it is just an easy way of saying it. Okay, let's see, you have the Federal Reserve, a private bank that now basically owns our government financially (owned by whom? Probably by the cartel of the major banks whose families started the charter in 1913 in the United States); first they buy up the policies of the major newspapers during the 1920’s, and set up the Council of Foreign relations (where the people who attend the meetings may not really have bad intentions, but they may believe that they are doing something constructive); the federal reserve creates business cycles, the families that own the fed know this and profit form them; after WWII some one gets the idea to keep a military industrial complex (inspired by Nazi Germany) so that the western side of the Fabian society (mentality of socialism) can compete and win over the eastern side (communism), not to mention they start molding the world the way they see fit (creation of CIA, propaganda tools {Bernays}, etc.) and the first one being operation Ajax in Iran; all in this time colluding with a few of the big stagnate corporations that care more about power than business (I am not saying anything against capitalism) molding together into a type of fascism that we see today. This includes media blackouts to things like actual cures for diseases (not just treating symptoms), the 911 truth movement, an Austrian economics just to name a few.

Does that make sense, yes I know it is a lot.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Creepy-bg

I bounce back and forth with this stuff... obviously I check out the conspiracy sites (I mean I did post that article). It's creepy stuff when you get into reading it all, because it can make as much sense as the accepted mainsteam accounts of stuff (sometimes more sense). But, call me weak or whatever but I can only take so much of it before it gets to me and I feel like the man is closing in on us all. I guess I'd rather be one of the ignorant sheeple when it comes down to it. Like as long as I don't know there's a police state and I can still live my life as I want... err.... I don't know... I can say that alot of what the conspiracy people have to say about the drug market and stuff doesn't jive at all with my experience, at least from the street level. Then again the mainstream views of the drug culture (and the way the police opperate) are as distant from the reality of things as the conspiracy theorists...

it's interresting stuff either way.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes. The Fed. Actually, I've read G.E. Griffin's The Creature from Jekyll Island (haven't seen Freedom to Fascism, but I gather it's pretty much the same deal). It's good stuff. Still, my quibbles with the Fed are mostly economic enslavement. I would like to hope that no group of human beings would go to such gruesome measures to further their agenda. But, then again, it has happened before and is happening as we speak in other parts of the world...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now if we react this way, with a huge press conference, the president showing up, blah blah --- for EVERY death that took place, that might put things in a more feasible perspective.

At least that final speaker/writer person alluded to a larger scale, mentioning other troubles all over the world.

Why are American lives more noteworthy than those in other places?
    Imagine if we had to go through all this coverage for every american that died? God for bid we did that thing for other countries. Lets instead pat ourselves on the back, hand the VTech kids another tissue, and wonder what's become of our once great land.

And now the VTech kids don't have school until monday - only in America. Unfortunately that won't make getting sued any less expensive.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm confused about is why shoot people? Why not shoot a book, or a river?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now if we react this way, with a huge press conference, the president showing up, blah blah --- for EVERY death that took place, that might put things in a more feasible perspective.

At least that final speaker/writer person alluded to a larger scale, mentioning other troubles all over the world.

Why are American lives more noteworthy than those in other places?
    Imagine if we had to go through all this coverage for every american that died? God for bid we did that thing for other countries. Lets instead pat ourselves on the back, hand the VTech kids another tissue, and wonder what's become of our once great land.

And now the VTech kids don't have school until monday - only in America. Unfortunately that won't make getting sued any less expensive.
    you gotta be kidding me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast