Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INTjs: At what age did you lose your virginity?

Creepy-P-chan

Default INTjs: At what age did you lose your virginity?

This is a poll for INTJs. (If you aren't an INTJ and wish to respond anyway, please indicate your personality type.)

What sex are you?
    What is your age?
    At what age did you lose your virginity?

---

What sex are you? Male
    What is your age? 23
    At what age did you lose your virginity? N/A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sex are you? Male
    What is your age? 23
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 19

Although I've been celebate ever since. Sounds like a typical INTj sex history to me.

I have an INTj friend who shared his feelings towards wanting another g/f and I replied, "it's a phase, it'll pass...".

I can be very used to repressing feelings towards what I may want and get by without it or as the old saying goes, "an intellectual is someone with something better to do then sex", most likely being absorbed in their own world oblivious to convention that says when it's normal to have lost one's virginity.

I do go out every weekend with my ENTp friend and even when i'm in some good clubs with scantily clad women around, i'm content to look and not approach.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sex are you? Female
    What is your age? 21
    At what age did you lose your virginity? Haven't.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sex are you? Male
    What is your age? 21
    At what age did you lose your virginity? N/A
    I(N)Tj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P-chan, I'm really curious about why you chose this name to post under. It doesn't seem very INTj-ish. Then again though... he poses as an inocent and lovable pet to get close to the girl he can't seem to be honest about his feelings with. Am I making sense?

Okay, answers for myself and my husband.

HUSBAND, INTj
    What sex are you? male
    What is your age? 21
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 12

ME, ENTp
    What sex are you? Female
    What is your age? 24
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 15
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sex are you? Male
    What is your age? 16.
    At what age did you lose your virginity? I haven't.

But it looks like I"m a bit young yet, so I don't think I have anything to worry about, yet.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, you INTjs are fun. No sex? pfft. Except for the one kid who did it at 12. even then he knew where the apex of physical pleasures lay. I lost mine at 16, which is a perfect age, but you guys probably don't care -- I'm ENTp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, for being a rationalist he has sure lived a rather hedonistic lifestyle. When he was 14 he was drinking a bottle of vodka a night (now he doesn't drink at all). He's done lethal amounts of most drugs, and he's tested his mortality in various other ways as well (like seeing how long he can go without food). That was all before I came along though...
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While certainly not unfrustrated, I'd prefer to wait for something long-standing (i.e., for life) to so express my feelings.

The longer you wait, the more importance you place on it, thus the longer you'll continue to wait. Perhaps at this point I've elevated it a bit higher than it should be, but I still feel sex is quite sacred. An undeniable bonding process occurs, and even if you no longer love someone (or worse, never did), you may find it hard to leave them.
    I(N)Tj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Yeah, for being a rationalist he has sure lived a rather hedonistic lifestyle. When he was 14 he was drinking a bottle of vodka a night (now he doesn't drink at all). He's done lethal amounts of most drugs, and he's tested his mortality in various other ways as well (like seeing how long he can go without food). That was all before I came along though..."

Talk about an example of an INTj going AGAINST his hidden agenda.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting... INTjs are more likely to mate for life... hmmmmmmmmm They're also more fussy about who they chose. Practicality overpowers lust.

You know.... there's some biochemistry here... When a person is infatuated with someone or in the "honey moon" stage of a relationship (a few months to a few years), the primary neurotransmitters at play are dopamine, norepinephrine, and phenalenyline. It gives us that excited feeling.

Once that stage is over, ideally endorphins take over. That is what keeps mates together for years and it plays a huge role in the grieving process when a person loses a spouse. They were literally physically addicted to that person and they're going through withdrawals.

People with chronically low levels of the neurotransmitters involved in infatuation are likely to fall into a pattern of finding someone new rather frequently. They are also more likely to be drawn into that first encounter at a younger age, IMO.

So the question is, how does this all relate to INTjs being in no hurry to get involved with someone?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh is a special case though... He has Asperger's Syndrome and had a very different upbringing. He's been the object of more than a few stalkers, and in fact, the 2 women he was with before me with both psycho...

Hmmmm, what does that say about me?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long term celibacy or pure virginity: All the same to me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    Long term celibacy or pure virginity: All the same to me.
    I agree
    SEE

Creepy-

the 40 year old virgin: INTj?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or INTp or SPD (schizoid personality disorder)
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    the 40 year old virgin: INTj?
    Wouldn't be surprised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male, 23, 21.

Creepy-P-chan

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    P-chan, I'm really curious about why you chose this name to post under. It doesn't seem very INTj-ish. Then again though... he poses as an inocent and lovable pet to get close to the girl he can't seem to be honest about his feelings with. Am I making sense?
    Ah, I didn't think about it that much. This is a nickname my friends made up for me (more because my name starts with P, less to have anything to do with the black pig in Ranma 1/2), and I started using it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's cool

And as long as we're on the subject... a very talented ninja who turns into a hot red headed woman when he's hit with cold water?! Where can I get me one of those?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HUSBAND, INTj
    What sex are you? male
    What is your age? 21
    At what age did you lose your virginity? 12
    Wow, talk about starting early...

When I was that age, if there had been a girl around that was reasonably attractive to me who wanted to have sex with me, I might well have done it (it's the hormones).

Personally, I don't ascribe too much meaning to the act of having sex. I don't go by the viewpoint that the first time having sex is special and should be saved for the right person. I'd be willing to do it with anyone I like enough who won't give me STDs or children.

That said though, I spend most of my days behind the computer (I don't really like going outdoors... all that heat, cold, rain, insects, etc.) so it's unlikely I'd run into someone "I like enough who won't give me STDs or children" who feels the same way about me.

Being a male with typical male testosterone levels (I guess), I still have a sex drive, but I find it annoying to have a physical desire for something that I'm too lazy to work for, that doesn't stimulate me that much on an intellectual level. So I've learned to mostly ignore my sex drive.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So start looking for ones that stimulate you intellectually. Smart women exist, you know!!! LOL
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So start looking for ones that stimulate you intellectually. Smart women exist, you know!!! LOL
    Bullshit. God made women for birthin and sandwich makin.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's it it's on. It's furniture throwin time! :wink:
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now make me a sandwhich! And some pie!
    SEE

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male, ENTp

I am 21 years old

I loss my virginity at 16

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coming back to this, I just thought of something obvious. Developmental stability (biological), upbringing (including social environment), and some other factors (such as getting out of the house) has more to do with when one starts having sex than anything else probably. After taking all of these things into consideration, probably only a little bit does it have to do with type. A more appropriate way of going about this is to ask:

(in addition to the original questions)
    What are your feelings about sex?
    How symmetrical is your face and body?
    Are you religious or come from a religious background?
    Do you have social skills?

or something like that, I don't have time to think about it.

I know I have just taken something not serious and attempted to make it serious, but this forum is going to hell and some body needs to do something about it.

Creepy-fry

male
    never.

i never get the chick logic, afradi to approach, if i dont change myself, i probably will be single for the rest of my life....

Creepy-rocko

Quote Originally Posted by fry
    male
    never.

i never get the chick logic, afradi to approach, if i dont change myself, i probably will be single for the rest of my life....
    Why?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not all girls are afraid to approach... they may not be as common as the ones who are, but I promise they're out there
    SEE

Creepy-Fry

Quote Originally Posted by rocko
    Quote Originally Posted by fry
    male
    never.

Why?
    Thats a good question, i asked myself this question many many time. Why am i single while other guy seemly less accomplish, less caring, less deepth, less educated, can manage to have a girl friend? Then i discover this personality test, and found out i m an intj, and i know why. Because i am a very private personal, aloof, my feeling doesnt concor with others, my social skill is weak.

But thank god, that i found out who i am, and i am going to change for good.

Creepy-

M
    haven't

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i dont change myself, i probably will be single for the rest of my life....
    Is that bad?
    INTJ

Creepy-fry

Quote Originally Posted by P-chan
    if i dont change myself, i probably will be single for the rest of my life....
    Is that bad?
    yes it is. being alone dont feel good, and i want to have someone listen to me. and i want to have sex some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 26 and still the virgin.

I've gotta get some by the age of thirty....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"M
    haven't"

You're 16?

I feel extraodinarily stupid now.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJ

F
    haven't

haven't, for a combined religious and personal preference reasons - which makes a powerful combo, i guess. i see having sex to be independent of sex drive. the one involves a decision, over which my prefrontal cortex has a say. and for an INTJ, a major say. the other is simple a desire, a "vote".

i agree that having sex is a bonding experience, and not one i want to go through with just anybody. i don't even enjoy hugging my family and friends unless something very moving has just happened, so for such a complete demolition of my personal space, i've never been tempted to take it lightly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M
    Haven't (Not planning on it until marriage)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember: the way to a woman's heart is through her ear and that requires active listening (an INTj strength) and learning the art of small talk (an INTj weakness) with a heart of gold (an INTj's Fi conscience).

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

edit
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast