Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Creative Fe

  1. #1
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Creative Fe

    What is creative Fe and how is it manifested?

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Creative Fe means that the input you get from your judgement of others emotional state towards you - or of their perception of your social role - steers your perceiving base function.

    In ISFps, -- > the Fe emotional state that affects you the most is Si-related, so immediate, short-term; so if your creative Fe judges them to be emotionally hostile (as in a bad mood), this affects your Si perceptions, you have unplesant sensations.

    In INFps, --> the Fe emotional state that affects you the most is Ni-related, so the longer-term; you are not overly concerned with their immediate emotional mood, but with their longer term Fe response to you, cooperative or hostile. A negative Fe input disrupts your Ni perceptions that things are going well.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Creative Fe means that the input you get from your judgement of others emotional state towards you - or of their perception of your social role - steers your perceiving base function.
    I think this is where my understanding is a little different; maybe we can clear this up. I thought, perhaps simplistically, that the creative function is what you produce; it's a person's usual output, whereas the accepting function is the input.

    So fundamentally, I thought creative Fe means that given a person's perceptions (the input...Ni or Si), that person's process of making sense of this input is what's steered by the judgment of others' emotional state, perception of a social role, or an attempt to influence these. However (I thought) the accepting function would determine the basic input.

    Naturally, if the judging of what to do with the input is Fe-based, that may influence the nature of the accepting function itself. But (I would think) only as a secondary effect, and not necessarily. (In fact, in the case of Ni at least, it would seem that the base perceptions may reflect some traces of Te or Ti even if Fe is the creative function.)

    If however, the primary direction is the opposite way...that is, judgment of others' emotional state towards one and perception of social role is steering the perceiving function, wouldn't that be the same as accepting-Fe? That is, wouldn't that be exactly what accepting-Fe people do? Or how would that be any different?

    (I understand that Smilex and some others believe that the directionality flips depending on where one is in the "process/result" Reinin dichotomy. I do not accept that view at this time.)

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Creative Fe means that the input you get from your judgement of others emotional state towards you - or of their perception of your social role - steers your perceiving base function.

    In ISFps, -- > the Fe emotional state that affects you the most is Si-related, so immediate, short-term; so if your creative Fe judges them to be emotionally hostile (as in a bad mood), this affects your Si perceptions, you have unplesant sensations.

    In INFps, --> the Fe emotional state that affects you the most is Ni-related, so the longer-term; you are not overly concerned with their immediate emotional mood, but with their longer term Fe response to you, cooperative or hostile. A negative Fe input disrupts your Ni perceptions that things are going well.
    That would actually make a lot of sense. Where did you find this information?

  5. #5
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I think this is where my understanding is a little different; maybe we can clear this up. I thought, perhaps simplistically, that the creative function is what you produce; it's a person's usual output, whereas the accepting function is the input.

    So fundamentally, I thought creative Fe means that given a person's perceptions (the input...Ni or Si), that person's process of making sense of this input is what's steered by the judgment of others' emotional state, perception of a social role, or an attempt to influence these. However (I thought) the accepting function would determine the basic input.
    Perhaps we are talking the same thing. As should be clear from my "river on the boat" metaphor, the base (or accepting) function is the individual's most basic view of reality (so basic that people take it for granted as just being "what everyone does"). The creative function affects the, if you will, variations, nuances of the reality as seen through the base function.

    But Fe is about "judging" someone's emotional state, not "perceiving" it. What Fe IPs "perceive" is Ni or Si. But those are introverted functions. Their contact with the outside word, by definition, is the extroverted function in their ego, Fe.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Naturally, if the judging of what to do with the input is Fe-based, that may influence the nature of the accepting function itself. But (I would think) only as a secondary effect, and not necessarily.
    If not significant, then there would be no difference between INFps and INTps. But there is, and the main difference is precisely whether their Ni "flow perception" is mostly affected by Fe or Te.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    If however, the primary direction is the opposite way...that is, judgment of others' emotional state towards one and perception of social role is steering the perceiving function, wouldn't that be the same as accepting-Fe? That is, wouldn't that be exactly what accepting-Fe people do? Or how would that be any different?
    Both accepting Fe and creative Fe is about judging other people's external emotional state, so both are externally-focused.

    For Fe EJs, Fe is both the main window into reality and the main focus of their actions -- that's why they are EJs and not IPs.

    Their creative functions Ni or Si provide, again, the steering -- what is the important emotional state? The short-term one (Si) or the longer-term one (Ni)?

    If it makes it easier, think of the temperaments - EJ or IP - rather than of the functions.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  6. #6
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    That would actually make a lot of sense. Where did you find this information?
    I did not need to find it anywhere, not in this precise form. This is just making sense of the information available. I have written on that before.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  7. #7
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *edit* I agree, Rick, that was simplified too much.

  8. #8
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    When ExFj's say they 'like' something, they are proliferating the views of the surrounding world; 'I like listening to music, doesn't everybody?'.

    When IxFp's say they like something, they make a statement on why the surrounding world should like that thing, and the reason for this always ties back into the accepting function. They're the trend-setters.
    I disagree with the first statement. Base types don't simply accept and proliferate the social values around them. Their tastes are as internally dictated as anyone's. They think that everyone should love what they love, but the reason for their love comes from inside, not outside.

    "I absolutely love listening to this music. Listen to it, I mean, it's incredible! Don't you like it? It's the best music. I'm so passionate about it..."

    (something like that )

    If we all collectively learned to give types the credit they deserved, there would be more of them here. Look at how hard it was for CuriousSoul and Kristiina to figure out they were s.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Perhaps we are talking the same thing.
    Yeah, I think pretty close. Certainly, it makes sense that the creative function would influence the accepting one. After all, why gather information that's irrelevant based on the way you know you're going to make decisions on it?

    However, I was pointing out a little subtlety regarding how rational and irrational types may tend to view this "filtering" process. I think that to look at how irrational types think, it's necessary to understand that the perceptions of irrational types are less filtered than they would be from a rational perspective.

    For example, an INTp may consider ideas that seem less logical than what an ENTj would view even worth thinking about; and the INTp would strive to make logical sense of these, and would reject them only after a much greater amount of time. Similarly, an INFp may consider ideas that seem less socially relevant than what an ENFj would consider. From a rational's point of view, this may seem odd: Why would a T type even entertain an idea that's obviously illogical; or why would an F type waste time with something of no social relevance? But to the irrational type, it appears to be a strength, because the hope is that something that seemed to be worth rejecting on first sight ends up being found valuable on closer examination.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    That would actually make a lot of sense. Where did you find this information?
    I did not need to find it anywhere, not in this precise form. This is just making sense of the information available. I have written on that before.
    The reason I asked is that I remembered a scene from Fire Emblem where the main character, an ISFp, complained about a sudden chill he felt when entering a castle. He said it meant that someone had it in for him. Turns out he was right: another character who was introduced in that stage turned out to have a long-standing grudge against him. (an INTj, interesting enough)

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    That would actually make a lot of sense. Where did you find this information?
    I did not need to find it anywhere, not in this precise form. This is just making sense of the information available. I have written on that before.
    Do you think the other producing functions behave similarly with regard to their acceptors?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •