Thread: Si Compared to Fi as related to objects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si Compared to Fi as related to objects

is relatively clear to me and pretty well described by "Awareness of internal, physiological sensations that arise when interacting with the tangible world"

is "Instinctual subjective value judgments and reactions to things" although its scope is not fully clear to me. For instance does it relate mainly to relations (ethics) or does it extentd to all objects and fileds?

So if i drink a glass of wine and think its "very good" is that or or a combination of both?

In this context separating these two elements does not seem straight forward. In terms of relating to objects am i right to think that is dedicated to fine discrimination in nuance/experience of sensation and is dedicated to assessing those sensation relative to inner values/needs. Would someone who was restricted to utilizing only lack the ability to decide what was good or bad among the various sensations experienced?

One final question which of the types is best able to appreciate creative Art in terms of the meaning / experience or ?
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si doesn't really relate to words. Si doesn't evaluate sensations ethically. You don't often get accidentially pricked with a pin and think, "that was immoral to me." They are completely unrelated. One is rational the other irrational/perceptive.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Si doesn't really relate to words. Si doesn't evaluate sensations ethically. You don't often get accidentially pricked with a pin and think, "that was immoral to me." They are completely unrelated. One is rational the other irrational/perceptive.
    Is constrained to the purely ethical domain. I thought it was quite legitimate for to identify being pricked with a pin as a "bad" thing in terms of their human needs .. or is this

It may be clear to thers but it doesn't really help me when you simply state that one is rational and the other irrational ?
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, fi is constrained to ethical domains, otherwise it couldn't be introverted feeling. It's a rational function meaning it is concerned with actions and words rather than perceptions. Si percieves, it doesn't make decisions, or form thoughts. the perceptions that have been created can be used as data for a rational function.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Si Compared to Fi as related to objects

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    is relatively clear to me and pretty well described by "Awareness of internal, physiological sensations that arise when interacting with the tangible world"

is "Instinctual subjective value judgments and reactions to things" although its scope is not fully clear to me. For instance does it relate mainly to relations (ethics) or does it extentd to all objects and fileds?

So if i drink a glass of wine and think its "very good" is that or or a combination of both?

i tend to hear dominants talking about how some food or something affects their internal state. like, "i get sick when i eat bla bla bla." or some such thing. or "this wine is delicious!" it's either focusing on attaining pleasant sensations or working on staying away from unpleasant sensations. doesn't deal with this.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Si Compared to Fi as related to objects

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i tend to hear dominants talking about how some food or something affects their internal state. like, "i get sick when i eat bla bla bla." or some such thing. or "this wine is delicious!" it's either focusing on attaining pleasant sensations or working on staying away from unpleasant sensations. doesn't deal with this.
    Ok thanks, i think we're moving forward here. I was in Paris last Christmas with an INFJ aunt. Even though we were at a fabulous restaurant she refused to aknowledge the quality of the food, and when mentioned she showed disdain, almost as if it was the height of decadence to delight in such "earthly/hedonistic" things. Ironically her husband (my uncle runs a fashion house there) .... all a bit rich if you ask me. Also she refused to consider ordering the snails because (as she explained) of the agony she once saw them suffer during the preparation process. Now i imagine that is . So does that mean that encompasses all or at least some (individually selected) "living things" .... and not just the realm of people and interpersonal relations ?

Also while defers to general feelings of health and wellbeing to decide what is good or not, how does come to conclusions about what is good or not? Are values acquired through learning / empathy /social standards or are they to an extent inborn ?

PS My uncle had the snails right after he saw me order
    ILE