Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VI Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V.I. Me

Hey, I've lurked these forums for a while now and I'm quite interested in what you feel my type is.

V.I. me

Me in some random girls bedroom.

I'm the third from left.

Oh, and I got a new hair style since then

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XSFx would be my first guess.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a video and descriptions of yourself would be infinitely more helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    a video and descriptions of yourself would be infinitely more helpful.
    What would you like to know?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell us about who you are. if you need prompts: what kinds of people do you hang out with and what kinds of people do you despise? what are your interests and passions? what do you do with your life and what do you want to do with your life in the future?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES, PEGS. TELL US.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp is my initial guess. Keep the info coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    tell us about who you are. if you need prompts: what kinds of people do you hang out with and what kinds of people do you despise? what are your interests and passions? what do you do with your life and what do you want to do with your life in the future?
    I hang out with all sorts of people; my preferred type of person to hang around with would be a musician as they are usually the sorts of people I have most in common with, however my main group of freinds at the moment are completely un-musical - it doesn't really bother me. I don't really have "best freinds" and I generally feel that I never quite 'click' with most people, I just get on with everyone and anybody I feel like talking to.
    I despise typical pompous alpha male figures (or more accurately I enjoy fucking them about) and I really hate bullying and all that jazz. I hate physical violence. I absolutely loathe aggressive people (though my choice of music is usually quite agressive). I hate people that talk slowly. I despise religion in all shapes and forms - I hate the 'authority' it claims to have over people. I enjoy useing bible verses against pious Christian preachers to make them look like idiots - it entertains me. I get a thrill from knowing more about somebody elses religion than they do and making that point quite clear in debates with them.
    I play a hell of a lot of music in my spare time; I also enjoy writing my own music. I love Jazz, Metal and Classical Music for their complexity over crap like Hip-hop and RnB.
    At the moment i'm trying to encourage myself to study for my exams unsucessfully, in most things I usually sit with my hands in my pockets till the very last moment because I have other things to enjoy at the time. In the future I'd like to study medicine.

That was pretty quickfire. I'd also like to say that I found discojoe's post really funny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound ISFp to me from that description.

Are you a Brit?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking INTp is more likely than ISTp. The music thing is superficially ISFp, but note this:

I love Jazz, Metal and Classical Music for their complexity over crap like Hip-hop and RnB.
    Not really something an ISFp would say. Even sounds like niffweed, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am a Brit, why do you ask?

Anyway, I was reading the ISFP description on the personality page until it came to me being quiet - I am generally a very loud person and quite vocal in my opinions - whether that has any influence on my type i'm not sure.

I think I see where you're coming when you say I could be INTp from when I show my disposition towards hip-hop and RnB. I don't think I fit the bill for INTp though, my life is a pursuit of happiness not intellect. I'm also a little bit more self-concious than the description on the personality seems to suggest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush

I don't think that part makes him sounds like niffweed but that whole anti-aggression thing led me to think Si > Se (I hope this isn't another case of poor interpretation)

@Pegs

Just curious. It's the way you write.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    @thehotelambush

I don't think that part makes him sounds like niffweed
    Niffweed said exactly the same thing, a while back.

but that whole anti-aggression thing led me to think Si > Se (I hope this isn't another case of poor interpretation)
    There was lots of anti-Fe in that description too, so I would rule out ISFp. But yes, maybe given the anti-aggression bit ISTp is more likely.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp ENFp ENFp OUT THE ASS.

You remind me of so many of them.. and I know QUITE a lot

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    @thehotelambush

I don't think that part makes him sounds like niffweed
    Niffweed said exactly the same thing, a while back.
    except for the metal part, yes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

under any circumstances, you're probably alpha or delta.

analysis of a couple points:

I don't really have "best freinds" and I generally feel that I never quite 'click' with most people, I just get on with everyone and anybody I feel like talking to.
    classical extrovert.

I despise typical pompous alpha male figures (or more accurately I enjoy fucking them about) and I really hate bullying and all that jazz. I hate physical violence. I absolutely loathe aggressive people (though my choice of music is usually quite agressive). I hate people that talk slowly. I despise religion in all shapes and forms - I hate the 'authority' it claims to have over people. I enjoy useing bible verses against pious Christian preachers to make them look like idiots - it entertains me. I get a thrill from knowing more about somebody elses religion than they do and making that point quite clear in debates with them.
    clearly Si/Ne axis; you condemn both Se bullying and authority and the Ni sense of spiritualism. Ne dominance actually makes a great deal of sense.

in addition, you seem to have a reluctance to really talk about other people and the way you interact with them. i think the way that you sort of touched on the subject but really downplayed it is indicative of poor ethics, particularly poor Fi.

so my tenatitive conclusion is ILE -- probably more intuitive than not -- although certainly IEE and perhaps ESE, SEI, or SLI might make sense.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some parts of that description made me think ISFp, or INTp, or ISTp ... I dunno.

Picture reminds me of my INTp friend.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that it's all clearly Si/Ne axis. Initial VI said ENTp, but the posting style is not like that. A socially active ISTp could make sense, and ENFp.

I think you're alpha or delta (because of the Si/Ne) perceiving type: ENTp, ISFp, ENFp, ISTp. From those types, ISFp is probably the least likely because you like to corner religious people and show them how their religion makes no sense. I haven't noticed people with Te-PoLR actively challenging others to a logic-games. ENFps sometimes do that, but they fail to convince ME of anything, even if I fail to argue back at them (which makes it seem like they won). Arguing with religious people doesn't really point to Ti-PoLR, so we can't exclude this type.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I agree that it's all clearly Si/Ne axis. Initial VI said ENTp, but the posting style is not like that. A socially active ISTp could make sense, and ENFp.

I think you're alpha or delta (because of the Si/Ne) perceiving type: ENTp, ISFp, ENFp, ISTp. From those types, ISFp is probably the least likely because you like to corner religious people and show them how their religion makes no sense. I haven't noticed people with Te-PoLR actively challenging others to a logic-games. ENFps sometimes do that, but they fail to convince ME of anything, even if I fail to argue back at them (which makes it seem like they won). Arguing with religious people doesn't really point to Ti-PoLR, so we can't exclude this type.
    I don't actively seek to go out and hurt religious people though (or most people in that matter) - alot of my freinds are Christians. It's just when they incessantly preach about it. I live in Northern Ireland you see and religion is a rather large issue here. Everyday there are sectarian attacks and stuff on the news and it really gets to me and you hear people shouting words like "Fenian" or "Hun" at other people on a saturday night and it just really, really pisses me off. I kind of take this religious intolerance and blame it on the church for not educating their followers in etiquette. So when I see a free presbyterian minister exclaiming that we're all going to burn in a lake of fire and all that sort of stuff, I just get really annoyed because they're just uneccessarily stirring the pot - So I teach them a lesson. Once or twice I've attacked a persons faith for sport but I usually end up feeling really bad about it and apologising to them.

Generally if I feel that somebody is doing something to actively go out and hurt others or attempt to harm a system that works well - I go for them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't help noticing the strong language:

I despise ...
    I enjoy fucking them about ...
    I really hate ...
    ... and all that jazz
    I absolutely loathe ...
    ... it entertains me
    I get a thrill ...
    I play a hell of a lot of ...
    they incessantly preach ...
    it really gets to me ...
    it just really, really pisses me off ...
    minister exclaiming that ...
    I just get really annoyed ...
    just uneccessarily stirring the pot ...
    attacked a persons faith for sport ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick

I despise ...
    I really hate ...
    ... and all that jazz
    I absolutely loathe ...
    ... it entertains me
    I get a thrill ...
    it really gets to me ...
    Besides the fact that these have a lot of adjectives, adverbs, or intensifiers and thus "expressiveness," in general how do you distinguish between and language? Surely people with also use language to describe their subjective feelings about what they like or don't like.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

I despise ...
    I really hate ...
    ... and all that jazz
    I absolutely loathe ...
    ... it entertains me
    I get a thrill ...
    it really gets to me ...
    Besides the fact that these have a lot of adjectives, adverbs, or intensifiers and thus "expressiveness," in general how do you distinguish between and language? Surely people with also use language to describe their subjective feelings about what they like or don't like.
    I agree. Rick's post on his blog on the matter does not clear up the issue. "Hate" "Despise" "Annoyed" ""Loathe" is Fi language in my interpretation of socionics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I agree. Rick's post on his blog on the matter does not clear up the issue. "Hate" "Despise" "Annoyed" ""Loathe" is Fi language in my interpretation of socionics.
    like ISFj language?

i think it can be either.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    like ISFj language?

Lol, ISFj, but ESFp and ENFp aswell - I don't know that many INFjs

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    like ISFj language?

Lol, ISFj, but ESFp and ENFp aswell - I don't know that many INFjs
    Not INFjs. I don't like to use such negative words to describe.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually think it can be + language, or + language. like my ENFj sister can get pretty pissed and ill and be like, "i HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE ______." or she'll get ill with her ISFj mother and complain in that sort of way. they're a cute pair, obviously.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

I despise ...
    I really hate ...
    ... and all that jazz
    I absolutely loathe ...
    ... it entertains me
    I get a thrill ...
    it really gets to me ...
    Yes, it could go either way. The extremely negative tone is also what points me away from ENTp. An ENTp would be more likely to say

"I love messing with ultra-religious people. They crack me up."

than

"I get really annoyed ... So I teach them a lesson."

Which is how an INTp might view the situation.

You know, given that, I think ESTp is a possibility too.

This alone is enough to rule out any ethical type (in case anyone was in doubt):

"I get a thrill from knowing more about somebody elses religion than they do and making that point quite clear in debates with them."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that before one reads or in his "strong" words, please consider the kind of background he comes from (lives in a place where sectarian attacks are common).

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This alone is enough to rule out any ethical type (in case anyone was in doubt):

"I get a thrill from knowing more about somebody elses religion than they do and making that point quite clear in debates with them."
    I know a number of INFps who brag about the very same thing.
    Oh, but their enjoyment doesn't come from making the point that they know more than the other person...
    their enjoyment comes from using the religion's texts/beliefs/etc to disprove an aspect of the religion's claim/belief/etc.
    It's the irony of it that they enjoy about it.

So, since it's making the point of knowing more rather than enjoying the irony of disproving A by using A...my INFp thought may not apply then.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main impression I get is of a highly vocal, verbally profuse, and gregarious person. He says he is a loud person, gets along with pretty much everyone, and even the people he "despises" he enjoys playing around with rather than ignoring or avoiding them. He's a fast talker and "hates" people who can't express themselves up to his speed. He easily gets embroiled in debates taking place around him on religion and beliefs. Indifference might be the last trait you would ascribe to him. He craves social stimulation and involvement and lives "for happiness, not intellect." Social interaction with different kinds of people is a form of "entertainment" rather than primarily a way of, say, "learning new things." He is sensitive to social processes (what people are saying and doing to each other) and stands up for people or systems that are being wronged, and apologizes to people if he attacks their religion too hard and hurts their feelings.

If this summary is accurate, I think it could point to certain types.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may explain why ScarlettLux gets along so well with ENFps. :wink:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuitive and ethics are obvious. Extroverted feeling over introverted. INFp/ENFj. Much more likely INFp.
    asd

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhhhh!?

But yah, back to his type. I actually get what you guys are saying about > leading me reconsider his type for ENTp.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    intuitive and ethics are obvious. Extroverted feeling over introverted. INFp/ENFj. Much more likely INFp.
    huh? how are intuitive and ethics obvious?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Ehhhhh!?
    The main impression I get is of a highly vocal, verbally profuse, and gregarious person. He says he is a loud person, gets along with pretty much everyone, and even the people he "despises" he enjoys playing around with rather than ignoring or avoiding them. He's a fast talker and "hates" people who can't express themselves up to his speed. He easily gets embroiled in debates taking place around him on religion and beliefs. Indifference might be the last trait you would ascribe to him. He craves social stimulation and involvement and lives "for happiness, not intellect." Social interaction with different kinds of people is a form of "entertainment" rather than primarily a way of, say, "learning new things." He is sensitive to social processes (what people are saying and doing to each other) and stands up for people or systems that are being wronged, and apologizes to people if he attacks their religion too hard and hurts their feelings.
    ESTp.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI I'd say ISFp.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    YES, PEGS. TELL US.
    Oops. Didn't mean to post that in all caps, lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhhhh!?
    ESTp.
    Hm... I was thinking more ESE or EIE, actually. What I don't really see is a case for an type.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhhhh!?
    ESTp.
    Hm... I was thinking more ESE or EIE, actually.
    I highly doubt ESFj. I guess I could see ENFj, but this looks like Ego (rather than Super-Id) Se + Ti to me:

"I absolutely loathe aggressive people (though my choice of music is usually quite agressive)."
    "I enjoy useing bible verses against pious Christian preachers to make them look like idiots - it entertains me."
    "I just get really annoyed because they're just uneccessarily stirring the pot - So I teach them a lesson."
    "Generally if I feel that somebody is doing something to actively go out and hurt others or attempt to harm a system that works well - I go for them."

What I don't really see is a case for an type.
    Agreed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhhhh!?
    ESTp.
    Hm... I was thinking more ESE or EIE, actually.
    I highly doubt ESFj. I guess I could see ENFj, but this looks like Ego (rather than Super-Id) Se + Ti to me:

"I absolutely loathe aggressive people (though my choice of music is usually quite agressive)."
    "I enjoy useing bible verses against pious Christian preachers to make them look like idiots - it entertains me."
    "I just get really annoyed because they're just uneccessarily stirring the pot - So I teach them a lesson."
    "Generally if I feel that somebody is doing something to actively go out and hurt others or attempt to harm a system that works well - I go for them."

What I don't really see is a case for an type.
    Agreed.
    I didn't want to say it, but he doesn't look like he has an ounce of Se in his whole body.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI I'd say ISFp.

YES, PEGS. TELL US.
    Oops. Didn't mean to post that in all caps, lol.
    lol! i thought you did that intentionally and i was laughing my ass off?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast