Thread: Babylon 5

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Babylon 5

I am sure that we have done this science-fiction series before, but my search function was unable to find it, so I feel obligated to recreate this thread.

J. Michael Straczynski (B5 Creator): ENTj

Command Staff
    - Cmdr. Jeffrey Sinclair (Valen): ENFj
    - Capt. John Sheridan: ESTj
    - Susan Ivanova: ENTj ?
    - Michael Garibaldi: ISTj
    - Stephen Franklin: INFj

Ambassadors & Aides
    - Delenn: INFj
    - Lennier: ENFp
    - G'Kar: INTj
    - Londo Mallari: ESFj
    - Vir Cotto: ISFp
    - Kosh: yes...

Other Reoccuring Characters
    - Marcus Cole: ENTp
    - Catherine Sakai: ISTj
    - Talia Winters: ENFp
    - Lyta Alexander: INTp
    - Alfred Bester: ? (Beta Rational)
    - Morden: ENTj ?
    - President Clark: ESTp
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

must have gotten killed in the purge... I think you're pretty close to what I had except I saw Garibaldi as more xSTp...

not really about types but Lyta's the coolest character... besides that I think I like the "evil" characters the most on B5, Mr Morden and one of the greatest evil characters ever IMO... Bester... Chekov plays that character to perfection

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An expansion of character type profiles:

Susan Ivanova (ENTj?)
    - "She was tough, assertive and self-confident, while being cynical and playfully witty."
    - "Much of her appeal came from her quick-witted dialogue, which often lightened tensions in the serious, dramatic scenes that were the hallmark of the series."
    - "The particular millstone around Ivanova's neck was love—not only romantic love, but familial. Deep down, she believes that "all love is unrequited", perhaps believing that she is undeserving of true happiness." (possibly )
    - Officer who plays by the rules and the letter of the law, which has left her with a clean record and a climber in the military ranks. ( as quadra value)

Stephen Franklin (INFj)
    - "Franklin's passionate interest in saving lives and meeting a very high personal standard led to his use of stimulants ("stims")" ()
    - "Franklin had strong moral convictions, and this was evident numerous times during his tenure at Babylon 5. Sometimes, his convictions conflicted with his duties as an EarthForce officer." ( and conflict with )
    - As a medical doctor and xenobiologist, Dr. Franklin had a clear concern for facts ( quadra value).
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

haha this making me break out the DVD rips to watch it over again... see you in a week

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    must have gotten killed in the purge... I think you're pretty close to what I had except I saw Garibaldi as more xSTp...
    Any reason why? If he was an ISTp, then he would have been a conflictor to Jeffrey Sinclair (ENFj), who happened to be his closest friend. That does not necessarily mean that he is not an ISTp, because Sinclair may not be an ENFj, but if Sinclair is an ENFj then it would be quite odd for Garibaldi to be an ISTp.

not really about types but Lyta's the coolest character... besides that I think I like the "evil" characters the most on B5, Mr Morden and one of the greatest evil characters ever IMO... Bester... Chekov plays that character to perfection
    I agree. Bester I think was definitely Beta. He was driven to have the Psi Corps conquer over the mundanes.

haha this making me break out the DVD rips to watch it over again... see you in a week
    That is actually why I am reviewing this thread, I happen to be watching my DVD season box sets right now.
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Any reason why? If he was an ISTp, then he would have been a conflictor to Jeffrey Sinclair (ENFj), who happened to be his closest friend. That does not necessarily mean that he is not an ISTp, because Sinclair may not be an ENFj, but if Sinclair is an ENFj then it would be quite odd for Garibaldi to be an ISTp.
    true... I can handle ISTj for Garibaldi.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Babylon 5

G'Kar an INTj?
    Did you mean Kosh?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-bg

Actually I think I had Sinclair as ENFp which fits Garibaldi being ISTp... part of the reason was that Membari society seemed to reflect Delta values much more than Beta. Membari being a reflection of Valen it just made sense for Sinclair to be a delta himself...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    G'Kar an INTj?
    Did you mean Kosh?
    G'Kar reminds me something of a Thomas Jefferson - the eloquent pen with a concern for justice and stability for his people. He also has a penchant for sensual delights () in his life, and hate to have those moments of peace, tranquility, and sensual times interrupted. He was also responsible for writing the Declaration of Principles for the Interstellar Alliance. He also has shown a temper that arises at inopportune or ill advised times which may not have been politically smart (possible PoLR). G'Kar as an INTj would also make him Londo's dual. Although they may appear to be conflictors early in B5, part of the problem was simply the mutual historical racial hatred between the two of them and not so much their personalities.

Kosh may be more than .
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think I had Sinclair as ENFp which fits Garibaldi being ISTp... part of the reason was that Membari society seemed to reflect Delta values much more than Beta. Membari being a reflection of Valen it just made sense for Sinclair to be a delta himself...
    I can see Sinclair as an ENFp. Would you likewise say that Catherine Sakai was also ISTp?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i swear we had this discussion before? else i have major deja vu

- Cmdr. Jeffrey Sinclair (Valen): ENFj
    - Capt. John Sheridan: ESTj
    - Susan Ivanova: ISTj
    - Michael Garibaldi: ISTp
    - Stephen Franklin: xNTj
    - Delenn: ISFj
    - Lennier: INFj
    - G'Kar: ISTj
    - Londo Mallari: ESTj (sometimes i think esfj)
    - Kosh: INTj
    - Marcus Cole: ISFp
    - Talia Winters: ENTj
    - Alfred Bester: ISTj

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    i swear we had this discussion before? else i have major deja vu
    We did, but I am unable to find it in searching.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this topic is ancient, but i pirated and watched the show over the summer, so i hadn't seen it by the time this topic ever existed.

anyway, overall i think that a lot of the characters in this show have gamma/delta biases, perhaps leaning more towards gamma.

sinclair: don't know.
    sheridan: ESI. or maybe not, but he looks very much like an Fi type.
    garibaldi: clearly SEE.
    ivanova: shows elements of LIE/ILI/LSI
    franklin: EII. maybe some ESI in him but clearly EII nonetheless.

all religious minbari: EII. delenn's type in particular is very obvious.
    gkar: don't know. maybe IEI.
    londo: SLE
    vir: EII
    elizabeth lochley: LIE

bester: i could see him as EIE, actually.