TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this old woman

edit
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The relationships (not alone, of course) indicate ENTj. Otherwise I would say ISTj.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this old woman

My analysis --

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I think she's OK though she's quick to take offense. Like I'll be talking to her and she'll ask me to repeat things so I'll speak up a bit, and she'll say it's my accent, not that she's deaf, and she'll get quite upset with me. Otherwise, we seem to generally get along OK. She is very friendly but somewhat sharp with people.
    This can be seen as Resolute, Se value, Fi value.

She likes things to be done her own way. She is really really cheap and buys a bunch of junk from op shops for my daughter when we visit, but it isn't very practical because sometimes they're HUGE stuffed animals that we certainly can't fit in a suitcase to take home with us.
    And they're really dirty and nasty. I mean, with like someone's old food globbed on them or something.
    This could be Ti, or at least Ti>Fi focus. It also looks like Se.

My mother-in-law (ESFj) doesn't like her because she HATES my sister-in-law (I think INFp) and won't even say her name out loud anymore she hates her so much. Also, my mother-in-law says she's dirty. I don't honestly think she's ever liked her.
    Ok, this may be an indication of relationships but it suggests more specific issues.

My husband (ISTp) doesn't like her because he says she's critical and judgmental.
    It depends on what -- critical and judgemental on Ti or Fi? Either way, I think Fe-ego types can he ruled out.

My father-in-law (ISFp and her son) gets a nervous tic before he goes to meet her, but pretty much keeps his mouth shut and seems OK. The tic makes me wonder though. I think he's on edge around her.

My sister-in-law (I think INFp but I'm not sure) hates her to a huge extent. This is what she has to say about her - when her husband was in the hospital, she supposedly asked my sister-in-law (a doctor) to talk to the husband's doctors about giving him a lethal dose of morphine or something so she wouldn't have to take care of him. My sister-in-law was aghast. I was under the impression that the two of them used to get along OK but this issue has changed that.
    So it's not a question of intertype relationships as such -- it was that particular issue. It looks like a Fi vs Ti conflict. The thing is -- was her motivation for the morphine suggestion really not having to take care of him, or is that the INFp's interpretation of her motives? That's a very key issue.

She is very loud, has to keep the conversation going even if she's talking about something completely inane, and can be pretty obnoxious, but like I said she and I seem to get along pretty well.
    That suggests higher focus on than on . And probably not logical.

No one in my husband's family likes to tell her anything because they say she's a gossip, and a mean gossip, and will use information against people if she can find a way. I don't understand what specifically they mean as I haven't gotten details.

I am absolutely sure she has never changed the wallpaper in her house, and she's lived in her house for like 60 years. It looks WWII-era and is peeling off the walls. This drives me crazy for some reason.
    She can't be bothered about Si and that bothers you. She doesn't give a shit about what others think. Much more Se than Fe.

I think she's a sensory-subtype ESFp, the ones who are "illogical Se-ESTps".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat, that is a good analysis. The wallpaper thing is definitely anti-Si.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

My father-in-law (ISFp and her son) gets a nervous tic before he goes to meet her, but pretty much keeps his mouth shut and seems OK. The tic makes me wonder though. I think he's on edge around her.

My sister-in-law (I think INFp but I'm not sure) hates her to a huge extent. This is what she has to say about her - when her husband was in the hospital, she supposedly asked my sister-in-law (a doctor) to talk to the husband's doctors about giving him a lethal dose of morphine or something so she wouldn't have to take care of him. My sister-in-law was aghast. I was under the impression that the two of them used to get along OK but this issue has changed that.
    So it's not a question of intertype relationships as such -- it was that particular issue. It looks like a Fi vs Ti conflict. The thing is -- was her motivation for the morphine suggestion really not having to take care of him, or is that the INFp's interpretation of her motives? That's a very key issue.
    I think it really was because she didn't want to take care of him. I've heard from three people that she NEVER went to visit her husband in the hospital when he was dying - not even once. Who doesn't visit her dying husband in the hospital? And they'd been married since the 40s. I don't know what to think of that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

I think it really was because she didn't want to take care of him. I've heard from three people that she NEVER went to visit her husband in the hospital when he was dying - not even once. Who doesn't visit her dying husband in the hospital? And they'd been married since the 40s. I don't know what to think of that.
    It hurts her to see him dying??
    INTp
    sx/sp