ENFj>INFp?

Last edited by silke; 07-13-2018 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated w links

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it helps, but I read an interview with Debra Winger where she talked about An Officer and a Gentleman - she said they just hated each other from the start. No prior relationship or anything. She called it a personality conflict and said that he is "an ass".

Hmm what I know about him is that he's an old money east coast type, and he's a Buddhist. And he used to be married to Cindy Crawford. He's pretty mysterious. I know he's very involved in politics. Not as a politician but as an activist. I think the gay rumors persisted because he refused to answer those questions saying it shouldn't matter and to answer it would suggest that it does. That seems like a good answer to me.

Here's an interview:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1b2685mgwc[/youtube]
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think that he's INFj, but I was surprised when he divorced from Cindy Crawford (ESTj).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing which is necessarily illogical about the idea of duals getting divorces.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Cindy is enfj.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    There is nothing which is necessarily illogical about the idea of duals getting divorces.
    Especially in the entertainment industry. That seems to make things more difficult.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INFj is quite likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking INTj (>ENFj) but I guess INFj is possible too.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Richard Gere

Type him:

Richard Gere

vids:

pics:

If you’re typing just by pics without watching vids, it’d be great if you’d mention it. Thx.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ej ...ESE>EIE.

I don't like anything about him. Looks asexual. Easily observable "fake" acting sometimes.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE. I second the asexual impression.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iee?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    and the fact that he is too focused or opinionated on religious matters for me to stay tuned into for too long!
    that was the old him. this is the new him:

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the photos, ESE, but hearing him in interviews and knowing the material he gravitates towards, he comes out looking like one of the idealists. As an NF, his whole stick is extroverted intuition. He is one of those IEEs that go out and do something with their interests, seeing the outcome of the collaborations he makes within his interest groups. You get the sense this guy purposes towards life long learning while also being drawn towards buddhism religion. As an activation partner with the Dalai Lama, who I believe is an LSE, its not surprising then Gere is an IEE. Personally, he is exactly one of the people who supervise me irl. In fact, I work with a guy who is a carbon copy on Richard. Same "definitive voice", same soft spoken tones, same "well here is the thing....so you see...you wouldn't believe it, but its true", "Its an interesting thing though..." the same attitude of "look here", and "listen to me". The same declarative type, where he has the answers if only others would listen. Also, IEE have this kind of down to earthiness that strangely enough also comes across as sterile in its approach simply because you can tell they are so used to being thought of as "deep". Its a sort of understated confidence coupled with childhood giddiness.

Anyway, I vote IEE at this time. His particular brand of idealism is best suited for the delta quadra. Although, I can definitely see how people might type him as an ESE caregiver. I think he is more of a negativist infantile (as if erotic attitudes are good indicators). Some IEE are more subtle in appearing more capable and viscerally rooted in their bodies then they immediately are. Interestingly, Richard is attracted to buddhist meditation and the study of gross as well as subtle bodily sensations. Si suggestive much?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    I sure hope this was just a rumour as poor animal - did it survive is what I would like to know!
    omg I had no idea this thread would end up so entertaining

From the link above:
    Some say the gerbil was found to have been shaven and declawed; others claim it had been encased in a special plastic pouch. I've even heard it said that the gerbil was Gere's own beloved pet (appropriately named "Tibet" in this variant).
    Like every classic urban legend, the tale of Richard Gere and the gerbil conveys a moral message, perhaps best articulated, if half-facetiously, by Cecil "The Straight Dope" Adams: "Stick to mammals your own size."
    gotta love urban legends

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But regarding Gere - I've seen him even typed EII somewhere before. And here I see ESE and IEE. All I have is Ne/Si.

To those of you who typed him ESE and/or Ej caregiver - he is more "restrained" in expression than the people I've met irl who were ESEs. I'm not excluding ESE though, just curious - is this the difference between ESE-Fe and ESE-Si in your opinion?

The IEE typing is interesting, too. I see @wacey took his time and came up with an analysis. Thank you. I'll rewatch some of the vids with this in mind. I'm curious if I have the same conclusions afterwards.

...and bonus, an interview with his (now) ex-wife Cindy Crawford talking about their disagreements on how to spend free time and forms of preferred relax.
    (Starts at about 1:08):

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possible EII
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    But regarding Gere - I've seen him even typed EII somewhere before. And here I see ESE and IEE. All I have is Ne/Si.

To those of you who typed him ESE and/or Ej caregiver - he is more "restrained" in expression than the people I've met irl who were ESEs. I'm not excluding ESE though, just curious - is this the difference between ESE-Fe and ESE-Si in your opinion?

The IEE typing is interesting, too. I see @wacey took his time and came up with an analysis. Thank you. I'll rewatch some of the vids with this in mind. I'm curious if I have the same conclusions afterwards.

...and bonus, an interview with his (now) ex-wifealking about their disagreements on how to spend free time and forms of preferred relax.

Keep in mind nothing I say is gospel final analysis. Thoughts and formed opinions can change as sociotypes are discussed. EII isn't out of the equation, at any rate, I could envision delta NF idealist.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Keep in mind nothing I say is gospel final analysis. Thoughts and formed opinions can change as sociotypes are discussed.
    the phrasing made me lol will keep that in mind sir

EII isn't out of the equation, at any rate, I could envision delta NF idealist.
    yeah, I really still don't know with Gere. He does look caregiverish to me VI-wise, but Delta NF isn't out of the question.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive voted IEE but EII stay a possibility.