Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Possible Famous Alpha Types

I've decided to post this thread becasue I have a few typings in my head that will probably get lost otherwise. There are some well-known people and some not so well-known people (some will be British based). I've included some people who were typed by other people + places first but have sunk into my subconscious and can't remember where they are from . Quite a few of them will prolly be wrong. Starting with some possible INTjs:

Garry Kasparov - INTj
    Former World Chess Champion and current political atctivist for democratic change in Russia (for United Civil Reform). His speech is always 'I think' or 'I may', e.g. less imposing than a ISTj might be for example.

I have some strategical vision, I could calculate some few moves ahead and I have an intellect that is badly missed in the country which is run by generals and colonels.
    I wouldn't overestimate the importance of my popularity in the country and abroad but at the end of the day it's not as important because I believe that my presence here could make some difference and it could encourage people.
    If you make a decision to fight for future of your own country you have to consider all the consequences.
    Brian Eno - INTj - ambient musician + musical collaborator

All these songs have no meaning that I invested in them. Meanings can be generated within their own framework.
    Avant-garde music is sort of research music. You're glad someone's done it but you don't necessarily want to listen to it.
    Classical music is founded on a very clear distinction between music and noise. In rock, as in electronic music, these barriers are coming down.
    Each individual stays on their own territory. That's what it was like on most of my collaborations.
    First of all, I never had the impression that I was always having to fight against everyone else. I have always had friends who supported me, or pretended to!
    Al Gore - INTj - politican and environmental campaigner

George Bush taking credit for the wall coming down is like the rooster taking credit for the sun rising.
    I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.
    I think George W. Bush has a warm, engaging personality. But, you know, the presidency is more than just a popularity contest.
    No matter how hard the loss, defeat might serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.
    Our democracy, our constitutional framework is really a kind of software for harnessing the creativity and political imagination for all of our people. The American democratic system was an early political version of Napster.
    Melissa George - ISFp - actress - she played the evil Lauren Reed in Alias and was also in the film Dark City.

I don't know, I think people who meet me just get pretty much what I am.
    I hardly knew anything when I first arrived. I had to learn how to act as I went along. After about a year I got a grip on what acting was all about and it started coming straight from my heart; I wasn't just saying the words any longer.
    Brian Molko - ISFp (though INFp possible) - lead singer with Placebo.

The more you'll dress up the more fun you'll have.
    So, then you find yourself in a situation where you have to do things because they're on offer to you, because you don't have much self-respect left. You just can't say no, even to something that you've never done before. You just can't help yourself.
    To write beautiful music and communicate real emotion, and to play strong and exciting gigs. That is now our drug.
    Dresses, I find, are impractical in social situations, but I enjoy wearing them a great deal on stage.
    Being so honest in my writing is cathartic.
    Ozzy Osbourne - ISFp - lead singer of Black Sabbath and TV star (he's quite difficult to type, as you can imagine).

Laura San Giacomo - ESFj - actress who played Maya Gallo in Just Shoot Me

There are amazing schools and amazing educators that are doing a wonderful job. And then there are a lot of educators that are not prepared to deal with inclusive education. They haven't been trained. It's really quite lovely and easy when you understand how to do it.
    The world is changing and the physical barriers are down now. It's time for the emotional barriers to go down. And what better place to start than school?
    Sharon Osbourne - ESFj - wife of Ozzy Osbourne
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 02-29-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anything about the others, but I know some things about Garri Kasparov. First of all, if he is an Alpha, the only type he can be in that quadra is an ENTp. Every other Alpha type is out of the question. Some Russian socionists have him typed as ENFp, and I think that maybe some have him typed as ENTp. What we can say with absolute certainty is that he is an extraverted intuitive type.

Kasparov is a workaholic. He likes order and routines, and every one of his days is planned beforehand. In everything he wants to be prepared. As little as possible is left to chance, and even though he himself thinks that his intuition is his strongest side, that is probably not true. His main strength lies in his ability to prepare in advance. When he was still active playing chess among the best in the world, no one was his equal in that. He used computer analysis systematically, and he checked every source of information with the help of his working team to be ahead of all his competitors in knowledge.

He is at his best in dynamic positions where he has the initiative, and he plays very aggressively. His weaknesses become more visable in tranquil, static positions, where he cannot use his enormous calculating capacity. In the match he lost against Vladimir Kramnik, Kramnik was able to hold slightly inferior positions due to better technique in such positions. Kramnik is clearly an intuitive player (maybe an INTp as Dmitri Lytov thinks, but I am not sure of that) who makes a lot of decisions intuitively. Kasparov, on the other hand, prefers to rely on his calculations. His intuition is of course stronger than most player's, but only if he cannot calculate far enough ahead, he makes full use of it. That has resulted in him making some mistakes due to calculation errors -- mistakes that a more intuitive player of equal strenght might not have made.

Kasparov seems to have an EJ temperament, but maybe EP is also possible. My guess is that he is an ENTj. That typing is not certain, but I have heard from Dmitri (if I remember correctly) that Marianna Lytova also thinks that Kasparov is an ENTj. It is mainly based on readings of many interviews with him, his book Child of Change, and a couple of TV programs about him. He is not clearly an ENTj, but he is rather similar in many ways to a real life ENTj friend of mine (not the one I am seeing regularly nowadays, though). Anyway, ENTj seems to be the best fit overall as I see it.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hmm..ok. I don't seem to be to good at typing ENTps and I don't know too much about Kasparov, though I quite like him .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ: Allan Watts Philospher

Technology is destructive only in the hands of people who do not realize that they are one and the same process as the universe
    So to describe myself in a scientific way, I must also describe my surroundings, which is a clumsy way getting around to the realization that you are the entire universe.
    The Earth is geological, yes, but this geological entity grows people, and our existence on the Earth is a symptom of this other system, and its balances, as much as the solar system in turn is a symptom of our galaxy, and our galaxy in its turn is a symptom of a whole company of other galaxies.
    So what I think we could aim for in the way of human civilization and culture would be a system in which we are all highly aware of our existing interconnection and unity with the whole domain of nature, and therefore do not have to go to all sorts of wild extremes to find that union.
    ENTP: Terence McKenna Philospher

Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.
    We have wandered into a state of prolonged neurosis because of the absence of a direct pipeline to the unconscious and we have then fallen victim to priestcraft of every conceivable sort.
    ENTP: Allen Gisberg American Beat Poet

IEI subtype

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Eno - I always like his music

Laura SanG
    I had a crush on her for about a year.

better pictures ---

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type do you think she is?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gregory Peck - INTj?

"Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    what type do you think she is?
    It's hard to find interviews / footage of her.

"looks ESE", but I don't know.
    She seems to pull off the "calm" demeanor very well... maybe ISTp or ISFj?

Not sure.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-bg

where's the "daba babab da babab SHARON!" quote for Ozzy?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Those quotes for the Terence McKenna guy seem incredibly ENTp!

I think Laura San Giacomo plays a ESFj in Just Shoot Me, judging from ESFjs I've met in the past - although it might seem a bit exaggerated in parts. She could possibly be ISFp, but I don't think ISFj (I hope not anyways ).

Ozzy could be a ESFp, but he's so incredibly out of it that Sharon sorts him out, so together they seem ISFp + ESFj. It's incedibly difficult to imagine Ozzy in a real situation where he could display behaviour distinctly ESFp like. (I don't particular hate him). I couldn't find any decent quotes for him that could be analysed in the realm of reality (thanks to BG for attempting to help, though ).

Creepy-bg

Terence McKenna was a really cool guy! I love his "stoned ape" theory of human evolution... good stuff!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumped for consideration of the Alpha Gallery.

Do you agree with the typings?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking for famous/recognizable LII persons.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Gore and Gregory Peck are probably the most recognizable of the INTjs in this thread.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

curious about brian molko. i wanted to say INFp but i really cannot quite place my finger on why ISFp works better except that he's probably negativist.

*note this is one of my old celebrity crushes. what a fox.* ):
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well he's clearly a INFp or a ISFp .

Here's a page with easily accessible lyrics :
    [spoil:afd7af1a78][web:afd7af1a78]http://www.azlyrics.com/p/placebo.html[/web:afd7af1a78][/spoil:afd7af1a78]

Placebo have lots of songs about the weather, the body, sensory experiences etc. - I suppose Sleeping with Ghosts could be more of a INFp song than a ISFp song, though . He used lots of metaphors and so on, but I'm not really sure what that would indicate about from -ness.

Hmm, he is quite cute isn't he ?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Gregory Peck - INTj?

not sure. isfp intj?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp