Thread: Final thoughts on Filatova descriptions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Final thoughts on Filatova descriptions...

ok I've translated all of them except ENTj, which for some reason was missing from the textbook file, hopefully i'll find it online sometime, if anyone knows where to look please tell me.

Here's my final judgments on the descriptions, feel free to add your own. I scored them out of 10

ESFj - 3/10: way too short compared to the rest. The weak functions are given less than half the attention of the positive ones, just doesn't feel complete

INTj - 8/10: I thought it was decent. The INTjs here also seem to have related with a lot of it.

ENTp - 6/10: As some on the forum mentioned, many of the characterisitcs in this profile could easily be seen as applying to another creative n-type.

ISFp - 8/10: Found that it described one ISFp I know very well, however the weak functions were not described as good as the strong ones and I find it harder to apply this description to other "types" of ISFps...

ENFj - 7/10: weak functions are not described well enough

ISTj - 8/10: shorter than the better ones but still seems to work

ESTp - 7/10: very good for male ESTps, but I find this just doesn't work the same for female ESTps.... Filatova totally had a male primarily in mind when she wrote this.

INFp - 9/10: I thought this one was really well done. Presented a rather unique take on INFp, compared to other descriptions.

INTp - 9/10: Really well done "

ESFp - 2/10: Seems like it's striving only to describe a certain type of ESFp... makes the type seem bull-headed and stupid in a way. I thought it was very biased and too short. Needs more complexity

ISFj - 8/10: weak functions should have been better described

INFj - 10/10: It's filatova's type and she did it perfectly

ESTj - 7/10: See final comments

ENFp - 6/10: after reading the INFp, INTp and INFj ones I couldn't help but feel this one didn't really go deep enough into the weak functions

ISTp - 3/10: Kinda like the ESFj one in that it lacks depth, didn't really help me type ISTps. Doesn't really seem to show any weaknesses

Final comments:
    a) ESFj, ENTp, ENFp, ISTp, ESTj - These ones were all noticeably more "politically correct" so to speak. Even thier weak functions are made to sound comparably nice and there's hardly anything negative in the strong functions. It almost seems as if she was going "easy" on them, by this I mean that she doesn't write about much negative behavioural patterns here which is disappointing. Thus these types are almost made "more likable" than the rest, which is kind of lame and likely a product of her personal bias. You'll notice that she refrains from using terms such as "manipulates others", or really anything malicious. Where this should have appeared she instead uses "influences" and seemingly justifies the negative traits throughout the descriptions.

b) ISFp, INTj, ENFj, ISTj, ESTp, ISFj - These ones were done well, they seem quite objective, they lack the "likeable" touch that the types above got.

c) INFp, INTp, INFj - These were the best, in my opinion. She wrote candidly of behavioural patterns that aren't necessarily positive. Even the strong functions are made human in a sense. This would have been the ideal style for all the types to be described in.

d) ESFp - Really just seems overly biased, she should have worked harder on this one. It just stands out against the rest, like with the other types I'd have no problem showing my friends of the type their respective description, but I'm not comfortable showing my ESFp friend or my brother this one because it seems insulting and I don't think they'd relate well to it.

ESFj, ISTp and ESFp were definitely the most disappointing, all were VERY short. there's really no complexities explored in them.

Anyways what do you think? Overall I'm pleased with the descriptions and am glad I took the time to make them readable. If anyone knows of better descriptions worth translating please inform me. I was thinking about doing the male/female ones in the summer if I have time before I get a job.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's here
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so filitova was infp?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposedly INFj

She doesn't/didn't values Se in any case. Read the ESFp description. Actually, don't bother, I'll summarize:

ESFps love to be the center of attention and manipulate people.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    maybe it's here
    omg you rock!!! thanks so much!
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Final thoughts on Filatova descriptions...

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    ok I've translated all of them except ENTj, which for some reason was missing from the textbook file, hopefully i'll find it online sometime, if anyone knows where to look please tell me.
    Thank-you. I think it's great to have descriptions in plain English, even if the originals aren't perfect. And your annotations about possible biases make these even more valuable.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposedly INFj

She doesn't/didn't values Se in any case. Read the ESFp description. Actually, don't bother, I'll summarize:

heh. good descriptions seem impossible to write. whoever writes them is a certain type, and therefore would be unequiped to write descriptions on types they don't get along with, or don't get because they are in the opposite quadra. Or because they lack either Ti, Te, Fe, Fi, Si, Se or whatever. bah
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    supposedly INFj

heh. good descriptions seem impossible to write. whoever writes them is a certain type, and therefore would be unequiped to write descriptions on types they don't get along with, or don't get because they are in the opposite quadra. Or because they lack either Ti, Te, Fe, Fi, Si, Se or whatever. bah
    yeah she could have overcompensated with some of the alpha descriptions such as entp her supervisee who i imagine she loves to hate....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(:
    SEE