Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could be any type you wanted to be

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you could be any type you wanted to be...

Check out these poll results. Looks like my type is one that a lot of people would want to be.

I am glad to see that most people are happy with their type, though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the social dissapointments, I like being ENTp ... I just wish it was not so hard to get close to people. Expressing more positive emotions would be nice, too.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps can have a hard time expressing negative emotion though. I think they have a greater tendency to be passive-aggressive...?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. As for me, I try to be clever and diplomatic and solution orientated. When I'm faced with a conflict, I always try to determine the motivations of those involved. Once that has been accomplished, I do my best to see that everyone gets what they want. I often give people what they want without them even realizing that that's what they want. We all walk away happy though.

I have a hard time expressing my anger. I'm usually more frustrated with the situation than angry at a person. I do not show aggression generally, but I am assertive. It's all about getting the desired results.
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a male INTp is kind of hard, but I'm ok with it.

What I really wanted to be was an INFj (please don't tell my friend that!) I also want to be an INTj, because it seems like the quasi-identical difference is the most extreme of all.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I wanted to be any other type it would be the INTp; they seem to have such a firm grip upon their beliefs and such a strong sense of inner calm that I often envy them; then again, Cone has attested several times that he feels exactly the opposite of this, unsure and with a very small sense of inner calm, which would make sense in this instance due to the fact that quasi-identicals are often jelous of each other's attributes. In fact, I believe Cone has stated numerous times that he is jelous(SP) of the INTj's test taking ability.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    in many ways they are the most admirable type. i think morality may be the most transcendent ideal of all and i would like to understand morality from a non-metaphysical bullshit point of view for these purposes I think the isfj is what i would like to be. smart isfjs are what western culture needs at this particular juncture imo as well in order to point out the failings of law to resolve conflicts and to create a harsh yet morally responsible societal standard to act as a countervailing force to current imbalances. i think if i were an isfj i could do that. of course that would only be a temporary solution but i bet an intelligent isfj would see the need for input from other types to prevent/minimize future imbalances.

Gosh, just what I need, more ISFj's... the stepmother... sigh... pout.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah everybody wants to be ENTj because it seems like people think that automaticaly means social acceptance && pocket full of money.

My choice is INTp.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP for life...

minus the addictive tendencies that come with being a hedonist
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah the paradox of type. I could argue i didn't have a usual childhood being a rare introverted INTj but it's the only life i've known and besides, i couldn't imagine myself being any other way. I've learnt to get in touch with extroversion but unless i had my psyche swapped i can't perceive the need to be another way.

In adulthood, no i wouldn't change my type, if i could do my teenage years over then i would probably swap places with my ESFj dual. I could then have been popular, a babe magnet and more succeesful in school where SJ's rule.

To put it another way, it was kind of like my destiny to discover type since i seem to understand it pretty well as a theoretical system thinking INTj analyst probably would. If i was an ESFj enthusiast then i probably wouldn't have any need for type being "the most sociable of all types" although i could still be a shy extrovert.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted ISFp...
    But really, I'm quite content (now anyway) as an INTj. As SnowyC said, it would've been nice to be an extraverted feeler in high school, though.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the best thing about being INTj?

Where INTj's represent ~1% of the population and the ESFj represents ~13%. I've met many of my duals who've never met their INTj counterparts noting that they don't have any knowledge whatsoever of Socionics. It's interesting to observe your dual in their ignorance of type.

It was classic hearing from one ESFj male that, "all relationships are conditional....don't get too close....they'll break your heart....women only want blah blah" and in my mind i thought, true but that's only because you've never experienced duality with an INTj female, in my opinion.

Experiencing many new dualities is exciting which is possible when you are a rare type looking for a common type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where INTj's represent ~1% of the population and the ESFj represents ~13%.
    This is not entirely accurate. This is just something left over from MBTI to make smart, shy people feel good about themselves. It turns out that you can assume that each type is equally distributed among the population, with perhaps a larger percentage of F types among women and T types among men.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote esfj or entj. Esfj seems so uncomplicated, straightforward, and good at relationships, and entj so confident and with such great leadership.

But entp is Ok too. I try to remember that we are all just part of a giant human macrocosm.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    This is not entirely accurate. This is just something left over from MBTI to make smart, shy people feel good about themselves. It turns out that you can assume that each type is equally distributed among the population, with perhaps a larger percentage of F types among women and T types among men.
    Why can you assume that?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did use a tilde symbol (~) to indicate an approximation on those stats.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that Cone was saying that types are equally distributed. Is that true?
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted that I wouldn't change if I could. I love me! lol
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the actual meaning of this thread was, "if you could be any type temporarily, what would it be?" We're all happy with our types, but wouldn't it be fun to try out another type for a little while?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, Cone, if I could try any type for a little while it'd be INTp!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the percentages may be skewed... but I still believe E's are more common then I's, S's more common then N's, and Male T's are more common then female T's(and vice versa)...

It just adds up from what I've seen....

I mean, I've never known(or met) another INFP or an INFJ

I know one INTJ and one INTP

I know a couple ENFPs

A couple ISFPs

I know and have met a TON of ESFJs

Same with ESTJs.
    (Just a couple examples of the many, many people I know, and sometimes unfortunately come in contact with)

It just seems to add up to me.

I make a lot of observation in this matter because I'm a student and I see people around me constantly, and ESxx types are definately just about everywhere. Where did u see that the types are evenly distributed? Like MBTI or not, they did take actual samplings of this stuff... the only difference would be J and P, which are definately 50/50 anyways.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I will honestly admit that I do have some INTj envy and that may be because they are my Beneficiaries. They seem so...smart, level-headed, restrained, dreamy(if they're guys)...yeah...[/benefactor gushiness]
    That's actually why I wanted to try out INFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my type, wouldn't want to be any other type. Except maybe ESFP, they're awesome!
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp, i'd make a ton of money playing poker

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Go to http://www.trytel.com/~jfalt/Tables/stats.html and you will see that some types are way more common than others.

Laura
    IT something

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I voted that I wouldn't change if I could. I love me! lol
    I wouldn't want to change my type either. Sure there's been times I've wished I was more extraverted or was stronger in or but if I was another type, I'd also lose the special strengths that go with my type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to http://www.trytel.com/~jfalt/Tables/stats.html and you will see that some types are way more common than others.
    In MBTI land, that is true, but this is Socionics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, really, whenever you see anything mbti disregard it, its a different theory, its a different system. it isn't the same thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trey wrote:
    INTp, i'd make a ton of money playing poker

hahahahahahahaha
    Where's the next poker tournament? :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly at different times in my life it would have served me much better to be a different type. For example when I was a kid I stunk at most organized sports. It would have been great to be estp like my older brother. Most of the time I felt like a stranger in a strange land. Now that Im an adult I like being enfp. The older I get the more at ease I am with myself and the world around me

Topaz
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed! Estp is definitely a possibility. They don't give a shit about what anybody thinks, are supremely confident, excellent at sports and quick on the draw. If it was temporary, I'd love to try this type on for size.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    If I wanted to be any other type it would be the INTp; they seem to have such a firm grip upon their beliefs and such a strong sense of inner calm that I often envy them; then again, Cone has attested several times that he feels exactly the opposite of this, unsure and with a very small sense of inner calm, which would make sense in this instance due to the fact that quasi-identicals are often jelous of each other's attributes. In fact, I believe Cone has stated numerous times that he is jelous(SP) of the INTj's test taking ability.
    Yes, I am envious of the INTj's test taking ability. The thing that you noticed about INTps and firm beliefs is actually true. I can believe in something so firmly, that I can act on it with the risk of a huge mistake. However, these beliefs are so inconsistent, that I don't even believe today the things I believed in yesterday, and that is quite literally. So that's really where my unsureness comes from, because it seems like I'll never be able to truly keep a belief. And remember, INTps are externally calm but internally agitated.

The reason I also chose INTj is that I am also envious of their consistency of thought. It's so hard to argue with you guys, because it seems like you have your ideas so well-organized, and I make so many mistakes.

It's funny how quasi-identicals can seem so alike, but internally, we're almost completely diametrically opposed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I decided. INFj. That's what I wanted to say at first, but I wasn't sure. Upon thinking about it some more, I have more respect for INFjs than any other type (not that I dislike any of them). So if I could be another type for a short period of time, it would be an INFj, mostly for the experience of it so I understand them better.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy with INFP. Dreamer and sensitive!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to try out my opposite, the ESTp. And the ESTj. And the ENTj. And the ENFj. And the ENFp.
    Oh, heck, I'd like to try out them all. At least then I'd be able to understand them all.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be nice to be a Logical-sensory Intratim. Way more focused, persistant, stable, organized and a bunch of other good things. But I guess at the end of the day I'd still be SLI.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koer
    I'm happy with INFP. Dreamy and sensitive!
    I'm dreamy to the point of no motivation. Sensitive to the point of extremely defensive.

Would love to be an ESFP in an ENTJ relationship for a while. Wanna let go and stop being so reserved and heldback all the time. Tired of being scared of life. Could live in my head for ever. Let me out . . . !!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i voted isfj
    Makes sense someone would vote for it's own Super-Ego ^^.

I instead, voted for INTp. Go benefactor worship
    Balzac

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, and I voted INFj. Would you like to trade with me, Koneko?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -deal-

Huh, and I voted INFj. Would you like to trade with me, Koneko?
    lol! U got a -deal- here! ^_^
    Balzac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast