Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: One of the least talked about types: SEI-ISFp

  1. #1
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default One of the least talked about types: SEI-ISFp

    I want to know more about this type. Tell me some more I think this is the type I am perhaps most unfamiliar with.

  2. #2
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Back in the day when i played D&D, we had an ISFp who would draw as we played. He was an amazing artist and the pictures were hillarous. I played pictionary with him once and he drew a picture of this mentally challenged dude with braces and some peices of bread. At the end when we lost i said what the hell was that?

    He was like well hes Royce. Rolls Royce.

    Hes really interested in anything artistic. He makes flash movie comics, he builds awesome warhammer scenery. His house used to have strange things like a model of a storm trooper with a rocket launcher for an arm etc. SEI are great
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  3. #3
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    LOL I used to draw Ken Wood... the swarmy car stereo salesman

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think there are a number of different candidates for SEI prototypes. They may all be SEI; some may not perhaps (?). The main thing is that they're all quite different.

    First, there is the artistic type of person, the person who is all about art in everything. This is the type most often talked about. Generally, this type of person seems clearly Ip, but it's hard to tell whether he/she is truly SEI, or is really another Ip type, possibly someone who is Ni but uses S for artistic purposes only. Although this is what almost everyone seems to think of concerning SEI, I have my doubts as to whether these people really are SEI. In many cases, artistic people are people who use their functions a little differently, maybe more flexibly, and they could actually be many different types.

    Then, there is the type that's very caring and good at nursing people to health. This type of person may not be artistic, or at least may not be aware of having any artistic talent. This SEI candidate usually has a very caring voice, doesn't mind practical things, and is very good at making people feel relaxed and cared for. Usually, this kind gets a job in a health-related profession.

    Then, there is the type that's very interested in self entertainment. This SEI candidate likes to watch TV, drink beer, and generally have a good time. Again, this type may not be artistic at all, but he/she usually does convey a certain mood about him/her, and often puts people at ease.

    As a variant of the last type, there's the kind who's very into physical activity...often some kind of sport, maybe hunting and fishing. This kind of person is quieter than Se types but does like to root for sports teams. Again, this kind of person is not necessarily artistic.

    If there's any commonality among true SEI types, I think it's that they all make one aware of a sort of sensory halo about them; it's as if the air in their vicinity is a little thicker; they somehow modify the environment around them just by being there. I wonder if other people have noticed that.

  5. #5
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    If there's any commonality among true SEI types, I think it's that they all make one aware of a sort of sensory halo about them; it's as if the air in their vicinity is a little thicker; they somehow modify the environment around them just by being there. I wonder if other people have noticed that.
    Yes i definately have. I notice a similar phenomenon around ISTp's. Sometimes just by being around certian sensors, i find my brain state alters and i can feel calmer and more relaxed. Intuitives have dark little hawkish pools for eyes while sensors seem to have bright glassy ones.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  6. #6
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    If there's any commonality among true SEI types, I think it's that they all make one aware of a sort of sensory halo about them; it's as if the air in their vicinity is a little thicker; they somehow modify the environment around them just by being there. I wonder if other people have noticed that.
    Yes i definately have. I notice a similar phenomenon around ISTp's. Sometimes just by being around certian sensors, i find my brain state alters and i can feel calmer and more relaxed. Intuitives have dark little hawkish pools for eyes while sensors seem to have bright glassy ones.
    Strange but true.

  7. #7
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    As a variant of the last type, there's the kind who's very into physical activity...often some kind of sport, maybe hunting and fishing. This kind of person is quieter than Se types but does like to root for sports teams. Again, this kind of person is not necessarily artistic.
    Very good. If you see guys spending a lot of their free time fishing on their own, they may well be ISFps. They do not necessarily want to hang around people all the time, they may get their -- Fe input precisely from a quiet environment; when they do spend time with others, then they need a positive Fe atmosphere. That's the way to differentiate them from ISTps. My father was this kind of ISFp (including the fishing bit).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  8. #8
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I think there are a number of different candidates for SEI prototypes. They may all be SEI; some may not perhaps (?). The main thing is that they're all quite different.

    First, there is the artistic type of person, the person who is all about art in everything. This is the type most often talked about. Generally, this type of person seems clearly Ip, but it's hard to tell whether he/she is truly SEI, or is really another Ip type, possibly someone who is Ni but uses S for artistic purposes only. Although this is what almost everyone seems to think of concerning SEI, I have my doubts as to whether these people really are SEI. In many cases, artistic people are people who use their functions a little differently, maybe more flexibly, and they could actually be many different types.

    Then, there is the type that's very caring and good at nursing people to health. This type of person may not be artistic, or at least may not be aware of having any artistic talent. This SEI candidate usually has a very caring voice, doesn't mind practical things, and is very good at making people feel relaxed and cared for. Usually, this kind gets a job in a health-related profession.

    Then, there is the type that's very interested in self entertainment. This SEI candidate likes to watch TV, drink beer, and generally have a good time. Again, this type may not be artistic at all, but he/she usually does convey a certain mood about him/her, and often puts people at ease.

    As a variant of the last type, there's the kind who's very into physical activity...often some kind of sport, maybe hunting and fishing. This kind of person is quieter than Se types but does like to root for sports teams. Again, this kind of person is not necessarily artistic.

    If there's any commonality among true SEI types, I think it's that they all make one aware of a sort of sensory halo about them; it's as if the air in their vicinity is a little thicker; they somehow modify the environment around them just by being there. I wonder if other people have noticed that.
    That summarizes it pretty well. I know people of all of these types you have mentioned.

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFps may have strange relationship scenarios (IME ... ) But I'm sure they all do not.


    - consider that is coming from a dominant.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFps will laugh at anything.

  11. #11
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    ISFps may have strange relationship scenarios (IME ... )
    What does that mean?

  12. #12
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    A ISFp I knew always kept smacking me on the back of the head, and then I would exaggeratedly fall forward and bang my forehead on the desk - it was very funny the first few time, until my vision went blurry - she thought it was fucking hilarious. I think ISFps like fun people, who aren't aggressive towards them (she prolly preferred me to someone else because my actions were obviously exaggerated and I was self-harming ). They can seem quite mean sometimes, but I think this is probably because they think everything is for their amusement or something, and they laugh all the time. They are also the most fashionable of types IMHO - I love the colours + styles they wear, even if my eyes have trouble seeing them anymore.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  13. #13
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hah i relate to everything you guys have said about ISFp

    the drawing, the fishing, the positive Fe thing, the strange relationships, laughing at everything...


    garg
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  14. #14
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    hah i relate to everything you guys have said about ISFp

    the drawing, the fishing, the positive Fe thing, the strange relationships, laughing at everything...


    garg
    What does that mean?

  15. #15
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    hah i relate to everything you guys have said about ISFp

    the drawing, the fishing, the positive Fe thing, the strange relationships, laughing at everything...


    garg
    What does that mean?
    It means she's an ISFp.

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    hah i relate to everything you guys have said about ISFp

    the drawing, the fishing, the positive Fe thing, the strange relationships, laughing at everything...


    garg
    What does that mean?
    It means she's an ISFp.
    She once tried it but turned back to INFp. I'm suspicious about her being serious about it. I wanted to hear that from herself

  17. #17
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    hah i relate to everything you guys have said about ISFp

    the drawing, the fishing, the positive Fe thing, the strange relationships, laughing at everything...


    garg
    What does that mean?
    It means she's an ISFp.
    She once tried it but turned back to INFp. I'm suspicious about her being serious about it. I wanted to hear that from herself

    I have no clue! I relate to both very well. I think a few people think I'm a cross-type or something. A couple think I'm ExFp too. lalalalalalla!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  18. #18
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love ISFps. I have this ISFp neighbor - he has fixed his back yard up so it is just outrageously beautiful. So he sits on his lovely deck next to his lovely yard and plays the guitar while he watches his kids play. It's such an idyllic existence.

    My grandpa was an ISFp too - he was such a dear man. He was really into photography and music, and gardening too. His life had a really lovely pace - he always took a nap in the afternoon. All the ISFps I know have this really nice leisurely pace to life.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think clover is infp, looks very infp imo.

  20. #20
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i think clover is infp, looks very infp imo.


    i think VI is pretty much BS though...for the most part

    so why else do i seem infp?

    lol im tempted to make another type thread for myself but meh
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  21. #21
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes clover you do seem more infp. and your man seems entp at least from VI and from what you describe.

    you just don't seem as random as the isfp's who have posted here. i don't know that many in real life, but i know a lot of infp's and you seem more like them.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a good SEI friend that I work with. He somehow manages to get me all riled up and energetic. His nickname at my workplace is "Tweak" (like the South Park character) because he's really high strung and nervous. He also smokes a pack a day and is a borderline alcoholic. What irritates me is that he's always out doing something crazy and never includes me. I have to really get on his case if I want him to include me in anything. He's a really funny guy overall.
    INTj

  23. #23
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ataronchronon
    I have a good SEI friend that I work with. He somehow manages to get me all riled up and energetic. His nickname at my workplace is "Tweak" (like the South Park character) because he's really high strung and nervous. He also smokes a pack a day and is a borderline alcoholic. What irritates me is that he's always out doing something crazy and never includes me. I have to really get on his case if I want him to include me in anything. He's a really funny guy overall.
    errr, sure he's SEI?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by ataronchronon
    I have a good SEI friend that I work with. He somehow manages to get me all riled up and energetic. His nickname at my workplace is "Tweak" (like the South Park character) because he's really high strung and nervous. He also smokes a pack a day and is a borderline alcoholic. What irritates me is that he's always out doing something crazy and never includes me. I have to really get on his case if I want him to include me in anything. He's a really funny guy overall.
    errr, sure he's SEI?
    I'm pretty sure. I did leave out how much time he spends playing online games and how shy he can be (I know that's not an indicator). I think he's really talkative around me because he's constantly hopped up on caffeine and we have the activation relationship going. I'm a lot more talkative around him as well. He's very artistic, when he's in the mood.

    I'm still a little new at this, so I guess I could be wrong.
    INTj

  25. #25
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll try to clarify:

    On art

    ISFp are not more artistically talented than any other type. What happens is that, by having a dominant Si, they can handle any of their thoughts in full detail. They can, for example, remember each note of any musical piece they have imagined. This allows them to easily write it down or perform it with a musical instrument.

    It is a common misconception that people who can't draw (and most intuitives can't) is clumsy. Nothing is further from the truth. What really happens is that the mind in such types contains very little information about physical details and thus the motor control runs dry very fast, provoking erratic movements while the mind is trying to synthetize the information.

    This is not something about intuition compared to sensing, but about sensing your own thoughts. Se types, despite being sensors, do not draw much better than most intuitives.

    On behaviour

    Like I explained in my other posts, I see clearly that Te and Fe are relevance logic. Their task is to build a list that contains the level of relationship (and thus importance) between things. The only difference between Fe and Te is that Fe uses subjetive values and Te is objetive.

    ISFp possess a very strong sense of tastes, like any other Fe type. They know what they want and more importantly, what others want too. They are very good at manipulating people because of that.

    For example, in my discussions with Fe types (my brother is ESFj, my mom ENFj and I have an ISFp friend) they will always bring up something they know I like and try to blackmail me with it.

    This is a technical comment. I'll post again later.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  26. #26
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm still not sure if I know any ISFps although I have a couple of good candidates. The thing is my candidates seem awfully introverted in behavior but from this thread it seems ISFps can be like that despite being very social generally.

    Is it true that ISFps generally only try to make "one effort" to get to know you and if it fails they are unlikely to try again. It said something like this in one profile. I'm trying to figure out how this manifests in practice and how good a stereotype this is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •