Thread: Gardner's Multiple Intelligences

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gardner's Multiple Intelligences

Gardner's model actually resembles more "differential psychology", like FFM and 16PF than "hard" type theories like Myers-Briggs and Enneagram.

Gardner talked about "multiple intelligences", which seem to be correlated with socionic IM elements (not really sure) :

Linguistic -
    Logical-mathematical -
    Spatial -
    Bodily-kinesthetic -
    Musical -
    Naturalistic -
    Interpersonal -
    Intrapersonal -

Gardner doesn't really talk of types, but more on scales ; according to him, each individual has a "cognitive profile".

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we had a thread on this a while back, but it might be floating around in the General Discussion part of the forum. Maybe I shoould go look up my results and see if there is any correlation.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gardner's Multiple Intelligences

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Gardner's model actually resembles more "differential psychology", like FFM and 16PF than "hard" type theories like Myers-Briggs and Enneagram.

Gardner talked about "multiple intelligences", which seem to be correlated with socionic IM elements (not really sure) :

Linguistic -
    Logical-mathematical -
    Spatial -
    Bodily-kinesthetic -
    Musical -
    Naturalistic -
    Interpersonal -
    Intrapersonal -

Gardner doesn't really talk of types, but more on scales ; according to him, each individual has a "cognitive profile".
    i don't agree with any of these correlations in the slightest except for bodily-kinesthetic. and maybe interpersonal.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I admire that he actually had the guts to question 'g'.

Nontheless I will relish its oncoming abolition. ...That's something I'm kind of on the fence about though: the crosstype theory largely abolishes the work of hundreds of people on the nature of intellect as obsolete. All that will be left is the study of the information elements themselves, and how they manifest in the mind.

...But I would be somewhat foolish to let concerns over their subjective experiences get in the way of my logic, eh?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

Nontheless I will relish its oncoming abolition. ...That's something I'm kind of on the fence about though: the crosstype theory largely abolishes the work of hundreds of people on the nature of intellect as obsolete. All that will be left is the study of the information elements themselves, and how they manifest in the mind.
    did he really say this?

wow, you really are insane. why did i have the brilliant idea of unignoring you for a post? do all your posts look like this?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

did he really say this?

wow, you really are insane. why did i have the brilliant idea of unignoring you for a post? do all your posts look like this?
    Only if you're a base idiot. (and I think you are)