Home: SLI
    Elementary: SEE
    Middle: ?
    High: LSE

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-cinq

University Physics Prof - ENTp. Greatest by far.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Chemistry ESTp
    French SEI
    English SEE
    Psychology SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did Ms. Kensington go? I miss her!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Highschool:

Ne-EII

College:

SEE

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

ILI

Taught me how to handle Te.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned a lot from an SEE who was also my mentor and boss throughout grad school. Most of what she taught in the classroom I could have learned from whatever type; what I really value that I learned from her had more to do w real-world lessons, as she was pretty magnificent w her Se...I was also 19 and very naive when I first met her, and I learned a lot by working w her, traveling to conferences, etc...again, she taught me far more out of the classroom than in it.
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 05-06-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Never had a great teacher but my fav was xEE i think cause she was all over the place lol.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    INTj, hands down. Identical relations are the best for teaching. Mirror is good too, Duality not so much (although I suppose it would be somewhat different for different types based on what is being taught).
    I'm not sure but I think the person this was referring to was more likely an extroverted type, possibly ILE but I'm not sure. He was very active and put lots of clever/jokey quotes in his notes. Also had a great lit teacher who was probably EIE.

In college my best teacher was LSI. Extremely efficient, did not waste one second of class time or give any unnecessary exercises. We really learned an incredible amount, and he made it interesting and fun too. My only complaint is that he made some proofs in lecture more difficult/complex than they had to be.

The only other ones that really stick out are a religious studies teacher (not sure of his type), and a logic professor. I thought the latter was LIE but now I think probably ILE or even IEE is better. He's pretty well known in his field too: http://www.math.lsa.umich.edu/~ablass/ Try to type him

Ah...there was an algebraic topology teacher too but I dropped out of his class. Very intense guy, probably SLE or LIE or something. In any case, type doesn't matter as much as intelligence and passion for the subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12