Thread: Hypothesis on Asking/Declaring Reinin dichotomy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hypothesis on Asking/Declaring Reinin dichotomy

(+/- means short/long range here)

Asking means having I- and E+ ; subject is long-ranged and object is short-ranged
    Declaring means having I+ and E- ; subject is short-ranged and object is long-ranged

Therefore,

An Asker would focus on what he DOESN'T know. He will seem "inquisitive", because he socionically tends to be.
    A Declarer, in the contrast, would focus on what he DOES know.

"Asking" and "Declaring" communication styles are only observable traits inherent to having those elements on the Ego block. There could be others. This dichotomy should be renamed like Inquisitive/Uninterested or something like that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To my knowledge there are two descriptions of how this dichotomy works floating around in the forums; one saying it's about making declarative statements and questions that sound like answers, the other saying it's about structuring speech in stories and speaking from an integrated understanding of things. According to the former (and yours) I could easily be a declarer, according to the other, less likely so.

Here's a potential complication: at first sight there may not be a problem with 'focussing on the not-known', but when you think about it, it's kind of dubious. How do you focus on something that isn't there? Wouldn't the person instead be focussing on something that has been true in a situation very much similar to the current one and might also be that in this one (wether which is true the person wants to find out by questioning)? Or is it simply about asking open questions as opposed to closed ones?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

Yes thank you.

I'd consider that bit too fall under 'structuring speech as stories', but that was probably not clear from the post.