Thread: Another Duality QuestionStrength of Dualities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another Duality Question...Strength of Dualities

I'm new to all of this personality-typing, though I have been reading about it for a few months now and have some questions regarding dualities. I understand that it seems to be more of a subjective topic in the personality-typing community (some swearing by it and others writing it off). But my question is in regards to the INTJ-ESFJ duality. I am an ESFJ and have read on certain sites that this duality (INTJ-ESFJ) is considered the "strongest" duality of them all. Is there any particular reason for this? Also, how is this duality exhibited in friendships (it seems everything I read is in regards to romantic relationships)? Interested in hearing your thoughts...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Another Duality Question...Strength of Dualities

Quote Originally Posted by loki604
    I'm new to all of this personality-typing, though I have been reading about it for a few months now and have some questions regarding dualities. I understand that it seems to be more of a subjective topic in the personality-typing community (some swearing by it and others writing it off). But my question is in regards to the INTJ-ESFJ duality. I am an ESFJ and have read on certain sites that this duality (INTJ-ESFJ) is considered the "strongest" duality of them all. Is there any particular reason for this? Also, how is this duality exhibited in friendships (it seems everything I read is in regards to romantic relationships)? Interested in hearing your thoughts...
    It's important to keep a realistic view on duality. It's not perfect (no relationship is!), but the benefits are undeniable. Frankly, the people who write it off probably either a) haven't experienced it themselves or b) have some misunderstandings about socionics (e.g., maybe they aren't very good at determining people's types).

Socionics doesn't say that one type is better than another. That is a wholly subjective judgment that Socionics can't provide. Of course there are stereotypes linked to each type - some really deeply ingrained - but it is important to look past them. Of course this goes for dual pairs, too. I especially like the fact that Socionics lets you understand subjective judgments like this; for example, knowing the subjective "feel" that I, as an INTj, get from ESFps allows me to recognize them more easily.

As for the INTj-ESFj duality, Expat has written a good brief description of it here:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10056

Much of the romantic relationship descriptions apply also to friendships.

(BTW, ESFjs are quite rare around here. What led you to decide that ESFj is your type?)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not aware of any material that suggests that LII-ESE duality is "stronger" or "better" than any other dual pair.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where has that been said? I'm curious to see who said it.

There was a really good description of ESFj - INTj, but apparently it is down.

It used to be here:
    http://socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/dual-1j.html
    1st quadra: the rational dual pair
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had seen a paper @ socioniko.net's library where it was exhamined the frequency of dualities.

ENTp-ISFp was the most common couple, ENTj-ISFj and ENFp-ISTp the least.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Where has that been said? I'm curious to see who said it.

There was a really good description of ESFj - INTj, but apparently it is down.

It used to be here:
    http://socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/dual-1j.html
    1st quadra: the rational dual pair
    http://socionics.us/socioniko/en/1.3.rels/dual-1j.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There it is. Check that out.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it also applies to friendships. in fact, i think if the INTj is female, which is my case, i have trouble imagining a romantic relationship of duality. perhaps there is also a cultural element to consider, but i have great trouble imagining desiring an ESFj personality for my romantic/marital partner.

although i admire my friend for the things she is good at (and i'm not), and we have a very close and enduring friendship requiring minimal effort to maintain both, i think i would not want to be looking after the family direction, financial affairs, and all the 'hard' stuff by myself. i would want a type who is competent in these things, at least nearly as competent as myself, if not more. i appreciate ESFjs, but i guess i don't look up to them.

again, maybe elsewhere cultural differences may lead to different cultural expectations for a partner, but i think the romantic version of the INTj-ESFj duality seems more likely if the INTj is male, and the ESFj female. otherwise i believe the friendship version would be likely. in my case, the ESFj made friends with me - i did not make the first move. we've been friends for almost 13 years now.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I had seen a paper @ socioniko.net's library where it was exhamined the frequency of dualities.

ENTp-ISFp was the most common couple, ENTj-ISFj and ENFp-ISTp the least.
    That would make sense, at least for ENTp-ISFp>ENTj-ISFj.

The Alpha couple is more impulsive and present-oriented; the Gamma couple's biggest risk is of being alone for a very long time, perhaps forever, while looking for the "soulmate".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Common matters of interest are very important to the strength of any relationship. Type tells us a lot about perceptions... but only a modest margin as regards personal interests. Exertion functions play a big role, I think, because your interests are where you put your energy. Common interests are not necessary; however, complementary interests are very helpful.

Finding a dual who's interests are complementary for yours is probably the ideal relationship people dream about. But such a person is difficult to find in our non-socionics aware society.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Individuals are not types; are life experience too. Despite that duals will always feel comfortable in the presence of each other, there is no warranty that they will be compatible.

Also, dual's presence is so natural that if there are not common interests or otherwise a solid reason to stay together, they can simply walk away from each other. Duals notice the separation, but usually only after a while.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.