Thread: demonstrate to me that i use Te rather than Ti

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default demonstrate to me that i use Te rather than Ti

you may use anything from this forum except nything in this thread itself or anything that you can scavenge of me online to support any arguments. i would like to see examples.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*pushes brownies on you and starts screaming at you*
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you defined the question has a feel to it. By "demonstrate" you probably mean some hard evidence? kind of evidence which ties the theoretical functions firmly to reality?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    for VI purposes...

Hello... my name is Niffweed... I like math!
    It never gets old.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    The way you defined the question has a feel to it.
    Definitely.

This question is hard. You certainly seem INTp, but my understanding of it is more holistic. You do seem Ti at times, but you don't use Fe at all. Your math-based humor is some evidence for that; it is difficult to understand, so the effect on the audience ("huh?") is minimal.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nifweed reminds me too much of an INTp to really think he could be alpha or INTj.
    He uses Ti, but it is not his leading function, IMO.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are an alpha NT.
    asd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I think you are an alpha NT.

why?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you defined the question has a feel to it. By "demonstrate" you probably mean some hard evidence? kind of evidence which ties the theoretical functions firmly to reality?
    i anticipated that somebody would say this, which is why i requested that examples from this thread not be used. it's really not a very good example.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i anticipated that somebody would say this, which is why i requested that examples from this thread not be used. it's really not a very good example.
    I didn't know that topic was forbidden territory too Anyways I use another not very good example from this topic...you "anticipated" what is going to happen which implies Ni. I'm really too lazy to go through your posts in other threads at the moment...I'll see if someone catches my eye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I removed this since it apparently caused some confusion

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    for VI purposes...

Hello... my name is Niffweed... I like math!
    It never gets old.
    LOL. Made me laugh in a computer class.

I agree with UDP - You remind me too much of a certain INTp, so I doubt you're really INTj.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Hmm...I removed that example...even though I think it pointed to Te

Edit 2: Nah..I put it back. I think this points to Te but don't make me explain why

this is true, but it doesn't mean that all functions are of equal use in mathematics. it should be obvious that LIIs and ILEs have certain approaches and understandings of math, while LIEs might have a very different idea of what math is and find the LII/ILE math completely impractical and worthless (ie what good do highly obscure "math team-esque" problems really do?)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even if you won't explicate fully, are you suggesting that fragment makes me Te because i differentiate between Ti and Te approaches to various types of problems or activities, or because other Te types have betrayed a similar viewpoint, or because of the way i said it, or what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even if you won't explicate fully, are you suggesting that fragment makes me Te because i differentiate between Ti and Te approaches to various types of problems or activities, or because other Te types have betrayed a similar viewpoint, or because of the way i said it, or what?
    It is about things like this...
    "LIEs might have a very different idea of what math is and find the LII/ILE math completely impractical and worthless (ie what good do highly obscure "math team-esque" problems really do?)"

The fact that you can and often do attribute words like "practical", "valuable" to Te-types and "impractical" and "worthless" to Ti-types suggests that either you don't understand Ti or you don't appreciate Ti. I have hard time seeing INTjs e.g. UDP even speculating about Ti-being worthless. From his point of view Ti is the most important function there is and if you are critical towards it or do not appreciate it you likely don't understand it. If we add here the thread which you once started to make a case of Ti being worthless and the overall criticism towards Ti makes it clear that either you don't understand Ti or you don't have it as Quadra and Ego-Block value.

Ok so if you don't have Ti as value then you are at least not INTj and quite likely INTp (of course there are other options in theory)

Then you just might not understand Ti and how it is useful but this again doesn't suggest it is your leading or strong function and the fact that you are willing to criticize Ti so much without understanding it points away from INTj again. INTjs can be very critical but they are generally very careful not to criticize things which they don't understand well (this means that they have to be able to build a logically solid Ti-case to support their opinion). INTp on the other hand trust more on their intuition and are more willing to say something is "useless", "irrelevant", etc without bothering to spend too much time thinking about it.

The fact that you are more prone to find faults in things and very unwilling to consider hidden potential and unorthodox uses for Ti or anything which you dismiss as "irrelevant" points to Ni>Ne and away from INTj.

Ok this gets more speculative and doesn't really answer the topic anymore If the thread where you criticized Ti is still available somewhere I bet it contains some good material which wouldn't be likely to come out of INTj's mouth. In that thread it was often you vs INTjs which did make you seem like you are not one of them. That thread might have been deleted though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally the vibe I get from you is that even though you like to "play with Ti" you see it more as a toy to have fun with where Te is the function which you switch to when you get serious. This is speculation too though.

Creepy-bg

Niffweed for emperor!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is about things like this...
    "LIEs might have a very different idea of what math is and find the LII/ILE math completely impractical and worthless (ie what good do highly obscure "math team-esque" problems really do?)"

The fact that you can and often do attribute words like "practical", "valuable" to Te-types and "impractical" and "worthless" to Ti-types suggests that either you don't understand Ti or you don't appreciate Ti. I have hard time seeing INTjs e.g. UDP even speculating about Ti-being worthless. From his point of view Ti is the most important function there is and if you are critical towards it or do not appreciate it you likely don't understand it. If we add here the thread which you once started to make a case of Ti being worthless and the overall criticism towards Ti makes it clear that either you don't understand Ti or you don't have it as Quadra and Ego-Block value.
    you would do extremely well on the AP english language test that i will take in may (which i will inevitably do terribly on); if my writing is any indication, you understand exactly how i make my points. unfortunately, i would have to say that your grasp of why i make my points is a little less solid.

i have thought quite a bit about what Ti actually is and how i relate to it. when i look at things from the perspective (Te, you could call it) that Te results in engineering problems with practical value and Ti focuses on math team problems with no practical value whatsoever, it is almost impossible to see why i would favor Ti over Te. this is a very effective analogy for the way that i actually feel about Ti and Te in almost all issues; yet, i still seem to irrationally prefer a Ti-esque way of thinking in many aspects of my life. this is compounded by, really, what could be effectively characterized as a paranoia of other people which is probably a reflection of my need for Se and problems with Fe or vice versa, but i'll be damned if i know which.

another important factor is that i don't know how much of this is influenced by my own subjective perception of my type. i don't think that it influences my behavior very much, but it definitely influences the way i analyze my behavior and, frankly, i'm not really sure if i understand the nature of what i'm doing half the time.

Ok so if you don't have Ti as value then you are at least not INTj and quite likely INTp (of course there are other options in theory)
    let's assume for the moment that i'm one of the two; every conclusion that i can come up with points to one of the two and i really can't see myself in any role other than an INT.

Then you just might not understand Ti and how it is useful but this again doesn't suggest it is your leading or strong function and the fact that you are willing to criticize Ti so much without understanding it points away from INTj again. INTjs can be very critical but they are generally very careful not to criticize things which they don't understand well (this means that they have to be able to build a logically solid Ti-case to support their opinion). INTp on the other hand trust more on their intuition and are more willing to say something is "useless", "irrelevant", etc without bothering to spend too much time thinking about it.
    since when were these characteristic of INTjs and INTps? i think you made this section up entirely.

The fact that you are more prone to find faults in things and very unwilling to consider hidden potential and unorthodox uses for Ti or anything which you dismiss as "irrelevant" points to Ni>Ne and away from INTj.
    Ok this gets more speculative and doesn't really answer the topic anymore Smile If the thread where you criticized Ti is still available somewhere I bet it contains some good material which wouldn't be likely to come out of INTj's mouth. In that thread it was often you vs INTjs which did make you seem like you are not one of them. That thread might have been deleted though...
    Generally the vibe I get from you is that even though you like to "play with Ti" you see it more as a toy to have fun with where Te is the function which you switch to when you get serious. This is speculation too though.
    all good points of observable data from this forum. i don't know how accurately this forum portrays things like this however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree with anything there. Before we go on please check out this post I made in my type thread:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...0215&start=300

It is my wife's evaluation of me based on the INTP MBTI profile I have in my sig. I want to know if you relate to those quoted parts as well as I do even to the point of us perhaps being identicals or do you find something there which is clearly not you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the very fact that you do not understand that PoLR is not necessarily synonymous to levels of resistance and do not really have an understanding of the importance of the terminology suggests poor Te.
    I wanted to bring this here. It seems to follow from this that you DO strongly believe that YOU understand these things even to the point of criticizing others which suggests you have strong Te. Would you agree or disagree? This is not really a case of Te>Ti but another indication on how you tend to talk about Te and evaluate Te related "stuff" often.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the very fact that you do not understand that PoLR is not necessarily synonymous to levels of resistance and do not really have an understanding of the importance of the terminology suggests poor Te.
    I wanted to bring this here. It seems to follow from this that you DO strongly believe that YOU understand these things even to the point of criticizing others which suggests you have strong Te. Would you agree or disagree? This is not really a case of Te>Ti but another indication on how you tend to talk about Te and evaluate Te related "stuff" often.
    yes; your diagnoses make sense and i agree with them. i suppose there's probably not much material on this forum to indicate the uncertainty of my viewpoint.

why can't you get into my head and then tell me what you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes; your diagnoses make sense and i agree with them. i suppose there's probably not much material on this forum to indicate the uncertainty of my viewpoint.

why can't you get into my head and then tell me what you think?
    There is not much to say atm really. I associate you more with the INTps here and with Te. I'm suspicious that we are identicals though. Hard to say really because of age difference and your somewhat more negative (not necessarily negativist) attitude which might be even depression etc. There is something similar in us but to the point of being identical types...I don't know. I guess not.