TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Machintruc INTj-XXXx?

Just to invoke the romanticism.

Now I'm not saying he's pathological; just that maybe he sees a sort of political element in everything. Certainly one can draw comparisons between his faith and George W. Bush's, who is an ESTp-ESFp by my reckoning.

What I mean specifically is... Machintruc could be an INTj-ESFp like Thomas Jefferson.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is Machintruc INTj-XXXx?

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Just to invoke the romanticism.

Now I'm not saying he's pathological; just that maybe he sees a sort of political element in everything. Certainly one can draw comparisons between his faith and George W. Bush's, who is an ESTp-ESFp by my reckoning.

What I mean specifically is... Machintruc could be an INTj-ESFp like Thomas Jefferson.
    We are all XXXx's. Mitin said we have 62% of each preference and 38% of each non-preference.

So yes, I'm some sort of INTJ-ESFP, because I'm 62% I, 38% E, 62% N, 38% S, and so on.

Subtypes don't exist. You can't have strengthened functions/elements. Strongest is function 1, Weakest is 4, functions 2 and 3 are equally strong.

Or either subtypes are not really subtypes, but physiological variants, like a replacement of enneagram.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see the exertion Se... If a person of my type constructs thoughts of the format ti(ne(X)), or "I know from subjective considerations (Ti) that X exists as a possibility (Ne)" then the corresponding thought format of a IxTj-ESxp would be "I know from subjective considerations that X exists as a reality". We see this kind of thinking reflected in his posting style.

The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.
    Because I'm not 100% sure. Classical socionists say that subtypes don't exist, and I agree with them.

Tcaud's IE is actually a step forward from Gulenko's 8-subtype system, with 16 subtypes.

For example, there are SEI's which resembles EII's, ILE's which resembles LII's, etc. Unexperienced socionists would see that contradictions as "subtypes". Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Because I'm not 100% sure. Classical socionists say that subtypes don't exist, and I agree with them.

Tcaud's IE is actually a step forward from Gulenko's 8-subtype system, with 16 subtypes.

For example, there are SEI's which resembles EII's, ILE's which resembles LII's, etc. Unexperienced socionists would see that contradictions as "subtypes". Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    That does not explain intratype variation at all. Subtypes do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

Intratype variations are not a socionic thing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

Intratype variations are not a socionic thing.
    They exist. Therefore they are a part of reality. Therefore socionics ("the science of reality aspects") is applicable to them.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I meant. I meant, exertion.

I should note that I originally became aware of dual-types (we called them "crosstypes" at the time) because people would take the similarminds test at my suggestion -- and after scoring near the middle on one or more functions would argue that the two poles could not or should not be considered seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38%Extrotim.
    Why? (Where do these numbers come from and why are they fixed for everybody?)
    Well Mitin is dead wrong. He should have talked to the people I talked to.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you say anything else about my theory...

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11517

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should note that I originally became aware of dual-types (we called them "crosstypes" at the time) because people would take the similarminds test at my suggestion -- and after scoring near the middle on one or more functions would argue that the two poles could not or should not be considered seperately.

Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38%Extrotim.
    Do you know the golden proportion ? The golden number is something like .618

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know the golden proportion ? The golden number is something like .618
    I didn't say the ratio was wrong between extroverted and introverted. I said your usage of it was wrong in trying to describe my theory.

How idid he come by that proportion?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    hmm, i've seen extreem introverts, and normal introverts. Ofcourse my observations are about their behaviour not their state of mind, but nonetheless, i'm not willing to believe the above statement without some extra proof.

as I now read more posts about the golden proportion, if that is the proof, then i'm absolutely against it. It has no connection with reality. It's like saying, there are 62% brunettes 38% blonds, because of some mathmatical number...

to get on topic, I would say machintruc is probably an INTJ. Based on the other models and based on his posts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    hmm, i've seen extreem introverts, and normal introverts. Ofcourse my observations are about their behaviour not their state of mind, but nonetheless, i'm not willing to believe the above statement without some extra proof.

as I now read more posts about the golden proportion, if that is the proof, then i'm absolutely against it. It has no connection with reality. It's like saying, there are 62% brunettes 38% blonds, because of some mathmatical number...

to get on topic, I would say machintruc is probably an INTJ. Based on the other models and based on his posts.
    I researched about this ; it's an illusion. Let's give some examples. Extrotims are not more or less extrotims each other. It's an element-related thing.

1. I once typed ****** as INFJ (Myersian), because he seemed very "egocentric", "lonely", and "personal". Actually, this is related to his dominant aspect of introversion, . For now I diagnose ****** as EIE.

2. I once diagnosed Sarkozy, which is now my president ; he could be mispercieved extrovert, because although he's cold and unsociable, he's a VERY assertive guy. His dominant aspect of extroversion is , because he's LSI.

3. I know a girl which is ILE. I mistyped her ILI and LII because she seemed "passive". ILE's dominant aspect of extroversion is , which isn't that related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion".

4. I know a girl which is a pretty sociable and outgoing SEI ; her dominant aspect of extroversion is , which IS related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion". One who doesn't know socionics would type her ESFP.

5. I know a girl which is SLI. She would be myersian ISTJ because she's somewhat "sequential", "perfectionistic" ; her dominant aspect of judgement is .

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. I know a girl which is ILE. I mistyped her ILI and LII because she seemed "passive". ILE's dominant aspect of extroversion is , which isn't that related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion".
    Right but why did she seem passive?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of focusing on

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of focusing on
    That explains nothing. Would you call either discojoe or Gilligan passive, let alone introverted?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ne subtypes can definitely seem passive. I know an Ne-ILE who refused to go into his room for his keys to drive to dinner in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY because his roommate had locked the door and was having sex with his girlfriend inside.

I pounded on the door and yelled at his roommate when he opened the door
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...