Thread: How to find a male ISFp? question for seekers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to find a male ISFp? question for seekers

Sooo....who are these guys and where can they be found? Are there any here at the forum? What attracts you? Examples, please....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFps are so sweet. <3

I have a neighbor who is an ISFp. He gardens all the time. My ISFp father-in-law does too. As did my ISFp grandfather. Based on these three people, I consider "gardening" to be a potential ISFp past-time. More decorative gardening than vegetable gardening. All three of them have (or had in my grandpa's case) beautiful beautiful yards. I think they like to spend a lot of time outside this time of the year.

There also seems to be a theme of music. Two of the three are very interested in music.

I suppose you could go look at flowers and bushes at some gardening place. It's a good time for working on gardens anyway. Or maybe get in the habit of walking around outside and chat with any potentially single guys doing outdoor work like that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artists, musicians.

If you see someone who is constantly fascinated by sensory things or expressions, that could be an ISFp, especially if they give off an alpha vibe.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one I knew (briefly) was very much into photography. He was especially good at capturing interesting shots of nature.I remember him being fascinated by a horse wearing a mask to protect its eyes from flies, so spent an hour or so crawling in the grass to try to get the perfect shot. He also played several instruments and wrote songs. Although he gave off a definite rebel vibe from his style of dress and attitude, he was sweet at the core without being Emo. I believe he was a music major before he dropped out of college to "play real music," as he said. He constantly had trouble with money in sort of an endearing way (he would often go to pay for things with a credit card and it would be rejected, so he would have to ask someone to help him). He had little interest in doing orthodox things or pleasing people, but when required could make himself irresistible without seeming to try. Oh, very passionate about (and during)sex, but somewhat withdrawn afterwards. Still, he would approach me in the most genuine and curious way. "Let's go play" could mean anything. There was never a need to talk about plans or the reasons for not keeping in contact.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You can find a lot behind counters in shops selling things..especially clothes shops + market stalls etc. (e.g. one-on-one business exchange). I've seen several Alpha SF types in book shops too. I have a male ISFp friend who wears clothes like a zebra pattern coat and no-one pays a blind bit of notice - it just seems natural for them to wear things that other males wouldn't wear. So, that's a good distinguishing feature. There are also a lot of male ISFps in gay bars...or so I've heard...but I imagine there the wrong sort that diamond is looking for .

Hmm...what attracts me...I like their negative tone while talking (i.e. not dancing) that they have - I can let them talk and not feel obliged to do anything - just by being there, I help them get by (in return, they amuse me). I think they like my dry disdain with what they say - as though I agree with what they say, and feel equally unable to solve their bleak outlook on live (e.g. on a grand scale - with everyday problems, I love helping them).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not totally certian but i think i met an ISFp guy yesterday. I have talked to him breifly before but yesterday we started a conversation.

He is studying Screen media and we are in a mutual class. I asked him what he wanted to do as a job and he said filming television of some description. My Ne went a bit nuts and i started suggesting things and he was telling me what he thought. Wildlife filmer, Following Journalists around, Sports filming, etc. He seemed to really enjoy all the ideas
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met two ISFps off of myspace. So that could be a place to look? They both emailed me, so I'd assume they are a pretty outgoing bunch (at least online). They both had a very laid back and sweet non-threatening tone to their emails, so I was much more inclined to meet them. They seem to have sort of a soft, fuzzy look to them.

One was a sculptor who was into music. He'd notice things like the texture of the walls and talk about it. The other did some sort of technical job, like fixing the insides of computers I think?

They were both very similar, as far as being polite, but also having a lot of feeling-based opinions. hmm...the sculptor also liked cooking and gardening also! so gardening must be a trend. He also made pillows and was into cats. he was also into motorcycles and fixing his house up.

My mom is an ISFp and she's really into reading and shopping, though I don't know if male ISFps are into that.

Both of the guys also liked hole-in-the-wall restaurants. But lots of types like that...so I don't know if that helps at all, but that's my two cents.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm gardening....guess i'll hit the gardening supply stores and soon, lol. besides my grass was out of control last season anyway.

ILE

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Males are probably drawn to architecture as it doesn't sound that femenine. One I know studies that.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im studying informatics...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

I know a few male ISFps. In spite of they are my duals, I find them very boring because they are obsessed with smoking hash. So... start looking around your local pusher!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: x

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    I know a few male ISFps. In spite of they are my duals, I find them very boring because they are obsessed with smoking hash. So... start looking around your local pusher!
    well that sucks. what's up with the cannabis dependence i wonder....

ILE

Creepy-bg

it does seem to be a theme.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget to check your local supermarket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to find a male isfp....question for seekers

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Sooo....who are these guys and where can they be found? Are there any here at the forum? What attracts you? Examples, please....
    community service?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to find a male isfp....question for seekers

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    I once knew an ISFp engineer
    Coincidence - so do I. He goes to my fencing club.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a lawyer who i instantly liked and thought was some ixxp, and i realized that he may be isfp.

Diamond, I know some ISFps and they are social, they need to be involved with communities. I also knew one who spent a lot of time online, even though she did go out a lot too. So, social places where they can creative Fe.. you know. I think male ones do seem to garden a lot too, or ride horses and stuff like that. I actually dont know any ISFps (unless that lawyer is ISFp) who are not involved with some kind of artistic or craftsy activity, usually a career or major hobby.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request