Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Isaac Newton

  1. #1
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Isaac Newton

    Some websites have him typed as INTP. I think he might be INTJ.

    Any other opinions?


    quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo...6.Isaac_Newton






    Last edited by silke; 10-10-2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: updated links
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You still refuse to support your suggested typings with arguments. Maybe you could post a list of all the famous persons you have typed, so that we can see if there is any pattern in how you type people. It is very difficult to take your typings seriously, and there is a strong likelihood that you type some of them incorrectly. If you post a list we it would be easier to determine whether you are right or wrong.

  3. #3
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    You still refuse to support your suggested typings with arguments. Maybe you could post a list of all the famous persons you have typed, so that we can see if there is any pattern in how you type people. It is very difficult to take your typings seriously, and there is a strong likelihood that you type some of them incorrectly. If you post a list we it would be easier to determine whether you are right or wrong.
    Thats' a brilliant suggestion. I was thinking of doing that myself at some point. I will try to put it together soon.

    For sure I have typed many people incorrectly, no doubt about it. I like your suggestion that we might observe patterns of errors in a list. You could well be INTP after all
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    You could well be INTP after all
    I know. Maybe you can too, but your type is ... elusive ...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    You could well be INTP after all

    .......

  6. #6
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    You could well be INTP after all
    I know. Maybe you can too, but your type is ... elusive ...
    I don't see why my type is elusive. Its' seems pretty clear cut INTP I think.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    You could well be INTP after all
    I know. Maybe you can too, but your type is ... elusive ...
    I don't why my type is elusive. Its' seems pretty clear cut INTP I think.
    ........

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Phaedrus: i find it ironic that you dislike that dioklecian isn't very forthcoming with information while actively inhibiting it yourself by your skepticism

  9. #9
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    @Phaedrus: i find it ironic that you dislike that dioklecian isn't very forthcoming with information while actively inhibiting it yourself by your skepticism
    That is simply not correct. Dioklecian has been asked to support his arguments many times by many different persons, and he is still not very forthcoming. That is irritating, but the only consequence is that it is, as I said, very difficult to consider what he says seriously. If his typings were "normal" and made sense to everyone, maybe he wouldn't have to give any arguments, but they are not. Many of his typings seem rather unlikely, if not to say ridiculous. That's why we have to scrutinize them. If he's right, many others will have to change their views, that's for sure.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you don't think dio doesn't support his typings? how very strange a concept.


    dio clearly takes painstaking effort to illustrate his views on others' types. why, just earlier today, he mentioned the following:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I considered that as well, however she seems a Fe person rather than Fi. She seems to express her emotions.
    and the following:


  12. #12
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    @Phaedrus: i find it ironic that you dislike that dioklecian isn't very forthcoming with information while actively inhibiting it yourself by your skepticism
    That is simply not correct. Dioklecian has been asked to support his arguments many times by many different persons, and he is still not very forthcoming. That is irritating, but the only consequence is that it is, as I said, very difficult to consider what he says seriously. If his typings were "normal" and made sense to everyone, maybe he wouldn't have to give any arguments, but they are not. Many of his typings seem rather unlikely, if not to say ridiculous. That's why we have to scrutinize them. If he's right, many others will have to change their views, that's for sure.
    What is that we if I may ask? Big Brother?

    When I write here I assume that people have read all the other material available.

    All that I need to know are the type descriptions, and then I, like everyone else, reach a conclusion as to which description fits a given person.

    Those who have read my posts for a long time, like Pedro and many many others, don't see a problem with my statements.

    If you notice Phaedro, when you first arrived in this forum and you were still looking for your type, I took the time and suggested with several paragraphs what your type might be (about Piersings' character). I can't do that for every celebrity that we type on line. If you notice every time that I am on line at the forum I type 30 or forty individuals. If I write pages and pages for each of them, I would needs weeks of writing. The lack of time is at the core of my sparse writings on each individual persons' type. However if you read a number of my posts it shouldn't be too difficult to grasp where my opinions come from. Usually it is the same paterns that I spot again and again in different individuals.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    If you notice Phaedro, when you first arrived in this forum and you were still looking for your type, I took the time and suggested with several paragraphs what your type might be (about Piersings' character). I can't do that for every celebrity that we type on line. If you notice every time that I am on line at the forum I type 30 or forty individuals. If I write pages and pages for each of them, I would needs weeks of writing. The lack of time is at the core of my sparse writings on each individual persons' type. However if you read a number of my posts it shouldn't be too difficult to grasp where my opinions come from. Usually it is the same paterns that I spot again and again in different individuals.
    When I first arrived at this forum I was not looking for my type. The arguments in the discussions on SG's forum were quite sufficient to prove with near certainty that I am an INTp. What bothered me was the fact that there seemed to be contradictions in the theory of Socionics based the very strong opinions of many people on this forum. But the more I have looked into it, the more ovious it has become that almost everything in the theory of Socioics makes sense. Russian socionists usually know what they are talking about, and if I disregard the subjective opinions of some forum members and base my understanding of Socionics on the offical, published material, I can be no other type than INTp.

    And since you base you understanding of the types on type descriptions I suggest that you read misutiis translation of Filatova's INTp description in the Gamma forum. It describes very accurately how I am in real life.

  14. #14
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    If you notice Phaedro, when you first arrived in this forum and you were still looking for your type, I took the time and suggested with several paragraphs what your type might be (about Piersings' character). I can't do that for every celebrity that we type on line. If you notice every time that I am on line at the forum I type 30 or forty individuals. If I write pages and pages for each of them, I would needs weeks of writing. The lack of time is at the core of my sparse writings on each individual persons' type. However if you read a number of my posts it shouldn't be too difficult to grasp where my opinions come from. Usually it is the same paterns that I spot again and again in different individuals.
    When I first arrived at this forum I was not looking for my type. The arguments in the discussions on SG's forum were quite sufficient to prove with near certainty that I am an INTp. What bothered me was the fact that there seemed to be contradictions in the theory of Socionics based the very strong opinions of many people on this forum. But the more I have looked into it, the more ovious it has become that almost everything in the theory of Socioics makes sense. Russian socionists usually know what they are talking about, and if I disregard the subjective opinions of some forum members and base my understanding of Socionics on the offical, published material, I can be no other type than INTp.

    And since you base you understanding of the types on type descriptions I suggest that you read misutiis translation of Filatova's INTp description in the Gamma forum. It describes very accurately how I am in real life.
    I was alerted of Phaedrus's presence by Tanehem, and felt compelled to come back and give myself an ego boost by making him look like an ass.

    And all I have to say can be said in three bullets:

    -SG does not, by ANY standard, conform to mainstream Socionics. You are a fool if you buy anything that guy says. His version of Socionics is less based on classic Socionics than what is primarily practiced here. Just ask Rick, a REAL Socionist.

    -Your extreme focus on the contradictions in Socionics, and how one version or the other must be correct because of the inconsistancies you claim to find, instead of focusing on the different aspects of the theory that may or may not be valid, and devising a cumulative system of what does work (this would be more like producing Te, whereas you clearly utilize accepting Ti)

    -You are, and most likely always will be, a stubborn, arrogant fool with a rediculously closed mind, averse to anything that does not conform to your pre-existing opinions and irrational beliefs. Ask anyone.

    That is all.

  15. #15
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    an INTP (mbti) is the same as an INTP (socionics)

    please refer to the common misconceptions sticky topic
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

  16. #16
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    an INTP (mbti) is the same as an INTP (socionics)

    please refer to the common misconceptions sticky topic
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

    No correlation whatsoever. They are two entirely independant theories. If you don't think they are, then you are not practicing Socionics. Read more closely next time.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    an INTP (mbti) is the same as an INTP (socionics)

    please refer to the common misconceptions sticky topic
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

    No correlation whatsoever. They are two entirely independant theories. If you don't think they are, then you are not practicing Socionics. Read more closely next time.
    Jarno is perfectly right of course. But there will always be idiots who can't see the truth and refuse to consider the evidence.

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    an INTP (mbti) is the same as an INTP (socionics)

    please refer to the common misconceptions sticky topic
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

    No correlation whatsoever. They are two entirely independant theories. If you don't think they are, then you are not practicing Socionics. Read more closely next time.
    Jarno is perfectly right of course. But there will always be idiots who can't see the truth and refuse to consider the evidence.
    Shove that truth in your fucking ass, and keep living in your fantasy world till you die
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    an INTP (mbti) is the same as an INTP (socionics)

    please refer to the common misconceptions sticky topic
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

    No correlation whatsoever. They are two entirely independant theories. If you don't think they are, then you are not practicing Socionics. Read more closely next time.
    Jarno is perfectly right of course. But there will always be idiots who can't see the truth and refuse to consider the evidence.
    Shove that truth in your fucking ass, and keep living in your fantasy world till you die
    You are quite amusing, FDG, do you know that? (Someone must be pulling his strings, someone must be writing his posts ... Can you make him jump too? Or is that too difficult for the little marionette?)

  20. #20
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I would like to point out that originally due to a typo I said in my firt post that I think that Newton might be INTP. That's from mBTI.

    In fact, I think that he is socionics INTJ (Ti-Ne that is).
    an INTP (mbti) is the same as an INTP (socionics)

    please refer to the common misconceptions sticky topic
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

    No correlation whatsoever. They are two entirely independant theories. If you don't think they are, then you are not practicing Socionics. Read more closely next time.
    Jarno is perfectly right of course. But there will always be idiots who can't see the truth and refuse to consider the evidence.
    Shove that truth in your fucking ass, and keep living in your fantasy world till you die
    You are quite amusing, FDG, do you know that? (Someone must be pulling his strings, someone must be writing his posts ... Can you make him jump too? Or is that too difficult for the little marionette?)
    Again, it is very clear that you try hard to be funny but it's something you can't do IRL by yourself because you have a stick up your fucking ass and so you come across as the most awkardly serious cretin of the world.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  21. #21
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Again, it is very clear that you try hard to be funny but it's something you can't do IRL by yourself because you have a stick up your fucking ass and so you come across as the most awkardly serious cretin of the world.
    Amen, brotha.

    I forgot how hopeless this correcting Phaedrus cause was. I think I'll go back to my cave and be ignorant about seeing the light that reveals the OBVIOUS connection between two systems that both claim to be entirely unrelated to one another.

    If you want a REAL mainstream Socionics perspective, and not Ganinonics' cult-like interpretations of VI and functions, try socioniko.net (which also mentions the obvious discrepencies and dissimilarities between MBTI and Socionics).

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    If you want a REAL mainstream Socionics perspective, and not Ganinonics' cult-like interpretations of VI and functions, try socioniko.net (which also mentions the obvious discrepencies and dissimilarities between MBTI and Socionics).
    Yes, Dmitri's site is a really good one if you want to see that the corresponding types in both models are the same groups of people empirically. He doesn't make the same mistakes as many others when he compares them. Studying everything that is said about the types on socioniko.net will probably be sufficient evidence for people to realize the truth of that.

  23. #23
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are an idiot and are demonstrating your positivism. Lack of correlation between MBTI INTP and Socionics INTj does not imply the opposite, which is, given your cited resources (Ganin aside, obviously ), all that you are basing this conclusion on.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    You are an idiot and are demonstrating your positivism. Lack of correlation between MBTI INTP and Socionics INTj does not imply the opposite, which is, given your cited resources (Ganin aside, obviously ), all that you are basing this conclusion on.
    No, that is not correct. That the types correlate in the ABCD=ABCd way can most clearly be seen if you compare the type descriptions in the two models. In Filatova's and Stratiyevskaya's descriptions it is extremely obvious that the INTp is the same type as the INTP in MBTT and Keirsey.

  25. #25
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    *cough*

    I think Newton was a Socionics INTp...it's hard to explain, but I've heard quite a lot about him over the years - he seems more INTp than INTj. His 'explorations' often included mystical elements, alchemy etc. - he also inspired the art of William Blake, who was almost certainly dominant (I'm not sure he thought too much of Newton - but it seems to me they had similar ways of thinking...(I might post more later).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  26. #26
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sir Isaac Newton

    This week, the PBS program NOVA aired a really interesting episode on Newton that shed a lot of light on his personality. It was called Newton's Dark Secrets and it was really fascinating. I had no idea Newton wrote more about Alchemy and Theology than he did Physics and Calculus.

    There was another thread on his type about a year ago starring Dioklecian and Phaedrus, which ended up in inanities and failed to shed any light on his type.

    But, anyway, here's the companion website to the program. It's got a lot of interesting stuff: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/newton/

    And here is a gallery of portraits, many of which he commissioned of himself when he became warden of the Royal Mint: http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~...ay/Newton.html

    And here's Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  27. #27
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ead.php?t=8573

    INTj. There was a consensus - someone decided that, and no one else made any sense.

    I like him being INTj. So INTj he stays.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  28. #28
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  29. #29
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    may be LIE as well.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Isaac Newton

    Sir Isaac Newton was a cold, austere and difficult man. The slightest criticism of his work drove him into a furious rage, and his life was blighted by vicious feuds with other eminent mathematicians. A hypochondriac, obsessive, neurotic homosexual, he had no friends to speak of.

    From BBC website, so not sure about accuracy. Probaby has been talked about, but INTp?
    LII?

  31. #31
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't consider INTp unlikely at all, but you have to admit those traits look odd in an INTp in regard to this characteristic of INTps that surfaces in quite a few of the type's profiles:

    Quote Originally Posted by www.socioniko.net
    2."A priest's calmness and restraint". He almost never expresses emotions and protects from them his family and friends. He sincerely believes that passions, too strong, will lead one to his doom. Honoré de Balzac has constantly demonstrated throughout his literary works how passion spreads like a devastating cancer that eats away the souls of men until it finally suppresses all else. This holds totally true in the case of his dual (Caesar, The Politician), a hyperactive person that easily gets carried away.

  32. #32
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckland View Post
    Sir Isaac Newton was a cold, austere and difficult man. The slightest criticism of his work drove him into a furious rage, and his life was blighted by vicious feuds with other eminent mathematicians. A hypochondriac, obsessive, neurotic homosexual, he had no friends to speak of.

    From BBC website, so not sure about accuracy. Probaby has been talked about, but INTp?
    While I agree with the typing, the bold is certainly not historically attested.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I don't consider INTp unlikely at all, but you have to admit those traits look odd in an INTp in regard to this characteristic of INTps that surfaces in quite a few of the type's profiles:
    I see that, but am I correct in thinking that this only applies whenever the ILI is around those they care about, or maybe are indifferent to? Whenever provoked, which is what seems to come through in that little excerpt, then I can see the "furious rage" coming through. There are multiple examples of that in this forum alone.
    LII?

  34. #34
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes some ILI-ni types like conflicts, indeed some examples have been present at the forum.

    It is also written in the ILI-ni subtype description of medved. Something about, inner wounds and conflict seeking.

    I have only some rough idea on the typing of isaac newton, though by coincidence I've just opened a thread about ILI's and math, since I personally rarely see this combination.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •