Thread: Patty Duke (Anna Marie Duke)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Patty Duke (Anna Marie Duke)

Anna Marie "Patty" Duke (December 14, 1946 – March 29, 2016) was an American actress, appearing on stage, film, and television. She first became known as a teen star, winning an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress at age 16 for her role as Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker (1962), a role which she had originated on Broadway.[1] The following year she was given her own show, The Patty Duke Show, in which she portrayed "identical cousins". She later progressed to more mature roles such as that of Neely O'Hara in the film Valley of the Dolls (1967).[1] Over the course of her career, she received ten Emmy Award nominations and three Emmy Awards, and two Golden Globe Awards.[2]Duke also served as president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1985 to 1988.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_Duke

I'm currently reading her autobiography. I think she seems like a Fi type. Maybe SEE. I had also considered IEE. Thoughts?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII-Ne 2w1 so/sp with bipolar disorder

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Even though Duke presumably keeps her disorder under control, she still has high and low phases. They're just manageable. She can't will the symptoms of mania or depression out of existence, so the bipolar still throws a monkey wrench into any attempt at typing her.

Continuous talking is one such documented symptom and can make it easy to mistake her for an extrovert. Surprisingly though, IEE mistypings occur more frequently for EIIs with bipolar disorder than EIE mistypings.

But in spite of that, I note how well structured and pre-arranged the feelings are in the way that she presents information. Neat. The IEE cognition does not structure feelings until after they've been expressed and thrown about, so Fi is put in the position of cleaning up the messiness. Hence, I note a more splayed out and impulsive cognition in / not present in Duke. Joy Lenz makes for a good point of comparison.