Thread: My type and recent considerations of other's on it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My type and recent considerations of other's on it

Apparently after several of the meets, many of those involved have either concluded that I am a beta ST or that the idea is plausible. I would like to generate conversation on this matter with people on this board and have input of people's varying opinions on this matter.

I do remember Reuben made a topic about this that was WIDELY criticized, but I believe the matter has come to the point where the possibility needs to at least be considered.

So shoot.

What type am I and why?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-Cyclops

What makes you think (or people say) beta ST? Would you say you were extroverted? You currently think your a Ti type yeah?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently believe I am LII for reasons this current confusion has actually made me forget. I honestly think that I am weak in Se, but seeing as how almost nobody who met me does, I believe there is good reason to investigate this matter further with the inclusion of other people's opinions. I mean, I've heard some people's opinions ad infinitum and I guess further discussion about it with them might not be very effective in helping, but as far as the others whom have an opinion on my type are concerned, I'd be interested in knowing their opinion.

I'd also like people who really do think I'm an Se-ego type to state their opinions of why I am an Se-ego type. For some reason I am not sure if I understand them COMPLETELY yet, so I don't want to misrepresent them.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII/EII.
    when you were younger, you looked pretty much like my EII brother, but now there are more differences. Besides, I don't know what he looks like anymore because he spent a year in China and pretty early stopped sending us pictures because he wants to surprise us with how he has changed.

you have soft & gentle eyes. Not beta ST. Not Se at all. You look like you want the girl to be nice and friendly, but beta ST types look like they're saying "come on, challenge me!".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    well I don't know much about you, but if it means anything VI-wise, IMO you look LII > beta ST.

your look and demeanor is extremely similar this guy sergei rachmaninoff, whom rick typed as LII.

LII?? How can this be? Rachmaninoff's music is just pure Fe!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'm not familiar with his music, but why would it be weird if his music puts emphasis on his quadra values?
    Well, I can understand Fe being important to an LII, but that he should be so fluent in a function that is supposed to be weak and unconscious seems strange.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why not LII. I think you fit it perfectly. Why the sudden possibility of Beta, or of ST?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those of us who've met mystic at the past conferences and such have found that his typing as an LII just doesn't make sense. does anybody have anything to go on besides V.I. (which i think we all can agree isn't the most accurate of all typing methods)? i think it would be useful if someone who's had contact with mystic and other LSIs and LIIs could give some feedback on this.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    those of us who've met mystic at the past conferences and such have found that his typing as an LII just doesn't make sense. does anybody have anything to go on besides V.I. (which i think we all can agree isn't the most accurate of all typing methods)? i think it would be useful if someone who's had contact with mystic and other LSIs and LIIs could give some feedback on this.
    I met Mystic and he's pretty clearly LII to me.
    LSI is actually one of the last types I would have guessed for him. I thought maybe SLI upon initial impression, but once I spoke to him I realized that wasn't possible.
    He reminds me A LOT of two LII's I know, and is nothing like any of the LSI's I know.
    I don't know what proof I can give you to support my claim. If you'd like me to use examples to point to certain functions I can.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, if i am not wrong you were the one wearing a white shirt at niff's house at the meeting... I am Jason and based on my observation, I think I will have to say you are split both as a INTj-and ISTj maybe a little bit more being INTj. When you speak, there seems to be more Ne(possiblity) coming out from you. I know some ISTj and they their behavior does seem a little bit like you even though I can not say for sure since I have only met you once. But if I have to take a guess I would say that you are maybe like 60%-N and 40%-S. who annoys you more? ENFp or ESFp?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    I met Mystic and he's pretty clearly LII to me.
    LSI is actually one of the last types I would have guessed for him. I thought maybe SLI upon initial impression, but once I spoke to him I realized that wasn't possible.
    He reminds me A LOT of two LII's I know, and is nothing like any of the LSI's I know.
    I don't know what proof I can give you to support my claim. If you'd like me to use examples to point to certain functions I can.
    please do!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep trying to interpret being LSI in a way that's plausible to me and I keep coming up with no possible idea of how I would be such a type. I suppose it's universally agreed upon that, yea at times I can be blunt, and yea, I can be aggressive, but this is not my modus operandi nor is it a state in which I prefer to be.

What I understand least is the fact that some just don't "see" Si valuing in myself. Apparently no matter what I say about myself and about my values, my actions here haven somehow proven otherwise. They've given an example but I don't believe that example was either adequate nor is the understanding behind the example correct. I won't go into what the example was because it's innocuous, but essentially Niff had stated that because I did nothing to improve my Si environment that it showed a lack of Si focus. I disagree with this mainly on the idea that an INTj would even both trying to improve his environment, and wondering if it would just simply make more sense for an INTj to simply let others handle this matter for them as if they were completely inept at it. Perhaps they would ask for assistance(I did ask for chips...), but I doubt the tendency is there for an INTj to be proactive in maintaining a well-functioning Si atmosphere.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    I keep trying to interpret being LSI in a way that's plausible to me and I keep coming up with no possible idea of how I would be such a type. I suppose it's universally agreed upon that, yea at times I can be blunt, and yea, I can be aggressive, but this is not my modus operandi nor is it a state in which I prefer to be.

What I understand least is the fact that some just don't "see" Si valuing in myself. Apparently no matter what I say about myself and about my values, my actions here haven somehow proven otherwise. They've given an example but I don't believe that example was either adequate nor is the understanding behind the example correct. I won't go into what the example was because it's innocuous, but essentially Niff had stated that because I did nothing to improve my Si environment that it showed a lack of Si focus. I disagree with this mainly on the idea that an INTj would even both trying to improve his environment, and wondering if it would just simply make more sense for an INTj to simply let others handle this matter for them as if they were completely inept at it. Perhaps they would ask for assistance(I did ask for chips...), but I doubt the tendency is there for an INTj to be proactive in maintaining a well-functioning Si atmosphere.
    aww

*jealous of those at the meet*

well i will address the difference in vibe to other INTjs from VI.. I think the majority of pics you've posted do not appear LII to me. They appeared to be intuitive, though sometimes being a strong perceiver can also create a "dreamy" look. I didn't tell anyone, and I might have PMed you about it Michael, but I remember thinking in hindsight your pics might have all looked ENFj. I still find you strongly similar to me though.

one more thing: Isnt he from Philly?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the heck ... I see zero in this guy from what I've read in his posts, seen his couple of pictures. LII without a doubt, why question it?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i keep trying to figure a way that i can put this.

in short, i think that all of you people are looking at forum behavior which is entirely based on intellectual discussion and which is a very poor overall representation of mystic. i also think that some of the people in this thread who have met him have a less than ideal understanding of various socionics concepts, which should come as no particular surprise.

those people who have met him whose knowledge i most respect all understand where the apparent Se focus is coming from, if not in complete agreement that he's LSI. and those that have spent the most time around him, in situations where he shows some of himself -- not those in which the group sits at a table and discusses socionics, in which he probably focuses mostly on Ti -- are all confused.

i realize this is not directly informative, but there are all of these little examples of his behavior that i think demonstrate his confidence in Se: wanting to jump over a train turnstile, accounts of bluntly and confrontationally telling people what to do in giving out directions, etc. a number of the examples that i'm most inclined to think of are generally ones that probably shouldn't be shared publicly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see him as anything else besides LII from meeting him. Yes, he uses a shitload of Ti and uses it overwhelmingly over his creative function, but the way he talked about concepts and related to ideas seemed to be done in an Ne-ish way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think a LII can be quite proficient in taking something that he is incapable of expressing himself via his own body and mechanics... and turning that idea, that inner understanding of the idea into a abstraction like music.. and pouring out his soul thru it.

I think this is a characteristic you will find in ILE's as well. I believe I have observed some ILE artists who pour their hearts through their work while hiding their heart from others in personal interaction.

Sometimes when we perceive a weakness, or a inability in something that which we desire, we find solace elsewhere or perfect the part that desires..
    Great point. I've definitely seen that with LIIs and ILEs, including myself. When I play music I let my soul and emotion pour out in ways that usually don't come out in everyday conversation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"i realize this is not directly informative, but there are all of these little examples of his behavior that i think demonstrate his confidence in Se: wanting to jump over a train turnstile, accounts of bluntly and confrontationally telling people what to do in giving out directions, etc. a number of the examples that i'm most inclined to think of are generally ones that probably shouldn't be shared publicly."

The first one was a joke, which I admit I would've ACTUALLY done if no one had been there.

The second is some bizarre subjective interpretation of a situation by somebody else, myself having NO memeory of it.

I just spoke to you about another matter in which case I believe I cleared it up, although I'm certain you think that the matter may still indicate Se-confidence somehow. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just spoke to you about another matter in which case I believe I cleared it up, although I'm certain you think that the matter may still indicate Se-confidence somehow. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.
    oh; yes, i still think it does indicate confidence. would an LII be likely to have done the same?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is one and only one solution, Mystic. You're going to have to come out to Myrtle beach so we can git u drunk. I mean, let's be objective here.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't generally get a sense that we are in the same quadra. I suppose I have seen him in the past as LII. I do not particularly see him as EII. I do not know him well enough to say anything about being LSI. I do not particularly get an Se vibe from him.

I do not know mystic sonic very well, so I cannot say much.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think a LII can be quite proficient in taking something that he is incapable of expressing himself via his own body and mechanics... and turning that idea, that inner understanding of the idea into a abstraction like music.. and pouring out his soul thru it.

I think this is a characteristic you will find in ILE's as well. I believe I have observed some ILE artists who pour their hearts through their work while hiding their heart from others in personal interaction.

Sometimes when we perceive a weakness, or a inability in something that which we desire, we find solace elsewhere or perfect the part that desires..
    That's an amazing concept. You people can do anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i keep trying to figure a way that i can put this.

i also think that some of the people in this thread who have met him have a less than ideal understanding of various socionics concepts, which should come as no particular surprise.
    flattered.
    I was writing a long post that will never see the light of day because Firefox crashed and died.
    To be brief: When I first met Mystic I thought either LII or SLI. After observing him for awhile, I realized that in spite of the chill SLI vibe, he didn't have any of the same tendencies of the SLIs I know in terms of how he behaves toward strangers (Fe POLR), his opinions of people (needing Fi), and his awareness of ambience and mood (Si). LSI wasn't (and still isn't) a consideration for me. The LSI's I know are always "on." There's a precision of movement, a pointedness of remarks that just isn't there in Mystik. After our first actual "conversation" I was pretty sold on Mystik being an LII. There's an ease of communication that I only find in other Ne types. In particular, I noticed that part of the reason why I enjoy talking to him is because it lets me max out my Ne creative while we each discuss topics in either of our differing spheres of interest (Ti, Fi). Discussions with LSIs are never fun and creative for me. I always feel misunderstood when talking to an LSI because I feel like they are reading my remarks and interpreting them based on a previous situation. When I try to explain the subtle differences between my point and the LSI's interpretation it's always a fruitless endeavor. LSIs also flatline when I propose "new and creative" ideas. At most, I can get very pointed advice from an LSI (usually on my areas of weakness), but never a "discussion."
    I don't feel this way at all toward Mystic. His beliefs seems more "well defined" rather than "closed," which is how I tend to perceive Ti in the LII and LSI, respectively.
    Also, with regard to Mystic having Se, Si, whatever... From someone who has terribly shit Si and Se, I'm amazed at how often he'll surpass me. I don't want to go into specifics, but I've only ever seen LIIs and EIIs be so pathetic in this regard.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember talking to MysticSonic on AIM one time and he was like,

BOOMSHIT I CAN BENCH 420 LBS AND SHOOT PAINTBALLS OUT OF MY ASS

So he is probably one of the 16 types.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I remember talking to MysticSonic on AIM one time and he was like,

BOOMSHIT I CAN BENCH 420 LBS AND SHOOT PAINTBALLS OUT OF MY ASS

So he is probably one of the 16 types.

lol

mystic....rather obvious LII. in fact a benchmark LII.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    wanting to jump over a train turnstile
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so apparently Salawa also thinks I'm ISTj? Will the people who think I'm ISTj voice their reasons for thinking as such?

And the questions I pose are: where is the Ne PolR? Where is Ni-seeking evident? Where is the case for me being an LSI beyond my "apparent" confidence in Se? Weak arguments that I don't value Si? How is my behavior anything like any of the descriptions of ISTj? Where do I seem to cohere with beta? Where is my camaraderie with them? Or is everyone who thinks I'm ISTj just trusting Niff's interpretations of my behavior? Because I have to be honest to characterize me as LSI seems absurd. Sure there may be signs of LSI, but even if you perceive them as strong, I believe there are very, very significant reasons for my typing to remain as uncertain rather than simply classifying me away into this little box which I clearly don't fit in many aspects.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so apparently Salawa also thinks I'm ISTj?
    you and me, both!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I don't know much about you, but if it means anything VI-wise, IMO you look LII > beta ST.

your look and demeanor is extremely similar this guy sergei rachmaninoff, whom rick typed as LII.

oh thats cool. I usually use the pictures at socioniko.net, and some of the ISTjs look like that.

when Michael smiles it reminds me of Kevin Costner's smile. He's typed INTj btw.