Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you mean the family's response to his condition, it's out of respect for his condition. Not type related.

If you mean the guy himself, it's a syndrome/ like a disease. Not type related.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm referring to the condition, it seems very Fe to me... like an extreme form of extroversion with F. He seems to be expressing his feelings and has little control over them. They say that some things trigger the responses more than others which shows contextual relevance AND his responses seem to be subjective feeling statements or disparagements.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLTvH9S7bMs

This seems more like extreme Fi
    -Slava

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first, it's not funny

second, if it is really type-related, it's an unhealthy form of type. but it seems to be more a cognitive-motor malformation.

third, beware when you're correlating types to any real of imaginary disorders

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do know an ESFp with a mild form of Tourette's. It would be interesting if there was a good correlation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    first, it's not funny

second, if it is really type-related, it's an unhealthy form of type. but it seems to be more a cognitive-motor malformation.

This may sound messed up but personally I think its ok to find that funny because despite the problems these people have int heir lives take a lot of F from other people and benefit from it. If people think narcissists are scum, then I think its ok to find tourettes behavior humorous.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava2
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    first, it's not funny

This may sound messed up but personally I think its ok to find that funny because despite the problems these people have int heir lives take a lot of F from other people and benefit from it. If people think narcissists are scum, then I think its ok to find tourettes behavior humorous.
    I don't find tourette's symdrome funny either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha....

Isn't that just typical ESFp (Se subtype) behavior?

Anyways I don't consider these funny. I don't like to laugh at conditions people have.
    However I did like the girl. There was something about her which I liked very much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    hahaha....

Anyways I don't consider these funny. I don't like to laugh at conditions people have.
    However I did like the girl. There was something about her which I liked very much.
    Its not a condition if its an extreme personality, and they deserve all the negative aspects of it as well as the positive, just like everyone... a label changes nothing.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    hahaha....

Its not a condition if its an extreme personality, and they deserve all the negative aspects of it as well as the positive, just like everyone... a label changes nothing.
    So how does that make it "hahaha"? On a personal level they don't cause much impression on me. I didn't really like the person in the first video. I liked the person in the second video. They were a little scary (especially the first person) but also interesting (especially the second person). I don't think I felt "hahaha" at any point though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I think the second one is funny is cause this is typical ESFp behavior amplified x100, I don't consider that a disorder and I find ESFp moodiness to be funny because they do all sorts of crazy things when they get worked up, like put nail polish on furniture.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I think the second one is funny is cause this is typical ESFp behavior amplified x100, I don't consider that a disorder and I find ESFp moodiness to be funny because they do all sorts of crazy things when they get worked up, like put nail polish on furniture.
    isn't that more related to ADD or something ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its best to leave "medical" labels like ADD out of analysis that is complex. ADD is a very poorly defined condition which can in fact be diagnosed because of various other existing factors. Any extreme function will appear as ADD because of the lack of focus in the information spaces in the opposite end of the spectrum that we all give at least some attention to. These people cannot reach those spaces at all. I think it is important to first filter out personality with the latest models and then examine the remaining portions of the psyche in order to identify it as a problem. There should also be a separate labels for conditions that are natural but not accepted by society vs. those that are actual damage or malformation, and I'm not talking about the difference in brain structures that correlate with personality and cognitive preference. Do you think its more humane to laugh at this girls actions and play along with them socially, or to ignore them and take her expressions as meaningless noise?
    -Slava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think its more humane to laugh at this girls actions and play along with them socially, or to ignore them and take her expressions as meaningless noise?
    Drawing attention to it has a chance of making her (and anybody else with tourettes) feel self-conscious. Or more than they already feel.

Anyway, I think you fail to understand that the tics (motor and vocal) are involuntary and thus isn't related to self-expression.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apres
    Do you think its more humane to laugh at this girls actions and play along with them socially, or to ignore them and take her expressions as meaningless noise?
    Drawing attention to it has a chance of making her (and anybody else with tourettes) feel self-conscious. Or more than they already feel.

Anyway, I think you fail to understand that the tics (motor and vocal) are involuntary and thus isn't related to self-expression.
    I think we all do involuntary things as model-a suggests... and I wouldn't call complex actions ticks, unless you want to simplify the entire human brain into a device that is based on sequences of ticks.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Tics are brief, intermittent, repetitive, nonrhythmic, unpredictable, purposeless, stereotyped movements (motor tics) or sounds (phonic or vocal tics). "
    http://www.tourettes-disorder.com/symptoms/tics.html

What complex actions are you getting at?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my laugh didn't punch him in the face, steal his money, or anything real- he can't fucking complain! But I will admit that his situation is very intense, and i feel a lot of sympathy for him. there are a lot worse things to cry over.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true. Somehow it makes me think Britney Spears.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tourette's Syndrome might be type related somehow. I have seen MBTI based claims that it is related to EP or maybe even ENP types (this is not a joke). I know a real life ENTp that have it to a slight degree, and we know that for example Mozart (probably ENFp as most people seem to think, or ENTp) had it. Tourette often comes together with conditions like ADHD, which is also said to be related to being ENXP, or at least EP.