Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: America bad Si (internal freedome) makes up with Se?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default America bad Si (internal freedome) makes up with Se?

    People say that America is ENTj. noticed soemthign about america which seems to follow the ENTj patern, but I'm not sure if it should be the same thing on a grand scale... America seems to have not much force over its internals (low Si on the citizens) ... but america also seems to be doing a lot of Se on other external entities. This seems very much like ENTj behavior. Can anyone help come up with the reasoning for this, or the mechanism.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  2. #2
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I dont think it can either. Ive went over it in my head before (this isnt the first time Ive seen a thread like this) and the possibilities dont match up very well. It's too broad. Hell even America cant agree with itself lol.

  3. #3
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    America is extroverted, though. It's the breeding ground of Capitalism, which is destroying our resources little by little. It's all about gain and wealth in America. At least that's our image as seen by everyone else.

    Slava, you may have a good point about America: The ENTj.


    Your INTp friend,

    Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  4. #4
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he got the idea form here
    I know that Pedro, but can't you let Slava believe he came up with something original for once?

    Really, I'm just kidding. :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  5. #5
    Creepy-

    Default

    America completely disregards international law (i am not even thinking of war in this case)... ENTP.


    Needs to still be loved but its dishonesty causes many to be suspiscious of its intentions.

    Open to many new possibilities, likes one-up-man-ship. Superiority complex, underlying insecurity... big guns cover it up.

    Good leader, but leads through control.

    Doesnt get along good with Bush, ISFJ.

    Likes the UK (ESTJ) but is its supervisor.

  6. #6
    Creepy-

    Default

    american culture, i.e. the mainstream of tv shows, movies/music, sports, and advertising are all very ESTj/ESTp geared. as for politics and the general views/morals/opinions of the public, they are also very ESTj-like. when i look around, i get the impression that americans on the whole are concerned with things mainly at face value, with minimal interest in things happening beneath the surface. though, and especially in this day and age, people are very paranoid, yet their discernment into the deeper issues is often poor, leaving their opinions on certain matters misguided and ignorant. popular opinion usually takes sway over truth.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    America completely disregards international law (i am not even thinking of war in this case)... ENTP.


    Needs to still be loved but its dishonesty causes many to be suspiscious of its intentions.

    Open to many new possibilities, likes one-up-man-ship. Superiority complex, underlying insecurity... big guns cover it up.

    Good leader, but leads through control.

    Doesnt get along good with Bush, ISFJ.

    Likes the UK (ESTJ) but is its supervisor.
    american culture, i.e. the mainstream of tv shows, movies/music, sports, and advertising are all very ESTj/ESTp geared. as for politics and the general views/morals/opinions of the public, they are also very ESTj-like. when i look around, i get the impression that americans on the whole are concerned with things mainly at face value, with minimal interest in things happening beneath the surface. though, and especially in this day and age, people are very paranoid, yet their discernment into the deeper issues is often poor, leaving their opinions on certain matters misguided and ignorant. popular opinion usually takes sway over truth.
    There are so many things wrong with these two posts that if I tried to type up reasons for all of them my keyboard would start to melt, bats would start to see with their eyes, crickets would start chirping during the day instead of the night, and eventually the world would spiral into an apocolypse.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the guest one was me. i thought i was logged in but sdfsdadfdsg

    as far as my post is concerned, i'd like to know why you disagree so strongly. look at it from this perspective.. what personality type would america NOT be. obviously there are millions of people living here, it's pointless to try and pigeonhole every aspect of our (or their? i don't know where you guys live) culture. certain generalizations have to be made or this discussion is pointless. i think i made a pretty decent (if a bit cynical) observation. as for the other guy's post? lol. i'll agree with you there.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    as for the other guy's post? lol. i'll agree with you there.
    You're probably right in that the second post was worse. I'm just going to leave that one alone for now to avoid the apocolypse.


    America completely disregards international law (i am not even thinking of war in this case)... ENTP.
    --> Huh? America steps on some toes, but we're more into policing the world than breaking international laws.

    Needs to still be loved but its dishonesty causes many to be suspiscious of its intentions.
    -->America doesn't seem to give a shit about what other countreis think about us. What? Ozone? Fuck the enviorment. Mexico? Are you still trying to get into our party?

    Open to many new possibilities, likes one-up-man-ship. Superiority complex, underlying insecurity... big guns cover it up.
    -->I'm going to have to disagree with you here. America is conservative.

    Good leader, but leads through control.
    Yeah, and control=JUDGING.

    Doesnt get along good with Bush, ISFJ.
    -->First of all, America loves Bush. Pretty much if you go any where between New York and California you'll find a lot of Bush lovers. He was elected TWICE, remember? Especially the South and midwest love him, because he is so religous.

    Also, Bush is not an ISFJ (ESI). I HIGHLEY doubt he is an introvert of any kind. And no one will ever agree on his type, anyways. For example, Sergie Ganin typed him as an ESTP (SLE), Dmitri Lytov typed him as an ENFJ (EIE), and Jon Niednagel typed him as an ENTJ (LIE). I'm willing to believe the latter one the most; it definatly seems to fit him right. At least you saw the Quadra Values, and I do think he is Gamma, but be wary of confusing someone's type for another in their Quadra.


    Likes the UK (ESTJ) but is its supervisor.
    -->An ENTP (ILE) wouldn't be an ESTJs (LSE) supervisor, anyways. INTP (ILI) supervisees ESTJs (LSE). They would be in a relation of benefit (and the UK would have the upper hand).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's hard to type an entire country, I think.

    What are American values which may coincide with the values of certain types?

    Does America value for example?
    Entp
    ILE

  11. #11
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Does America value Extraverted Intution for example?"

    America values Se and Te, with certain parts valuing Fi and Ni.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think anyone really understood or wanted to reply to what my idea was, and it wasn't base don the previous discussion of countries... I was wondering if america as one giant creature/entity treated its human structure the same way that ENTj's treat their internal structure (being unaware of the needs of the insides) and because of the lack of internal forces they make up for it with external forces. Thats all I was wondering.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "Does America value Extraverted Intution for example?"

    America values Se and Te, with certain parts valuing Fi and Ni.
    I agree with this. Did you have anything in mind specifically?

    MBTI says that types with these functions as dominate proliferate more than the other types; that they are the majority. But we've said elsewhere that the majority status of any given type is dubious. I think it's about popularity of values.

    What if we were to compare Eastern values with Western? Does it make a difference?
    Entp
    ILE

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava (at school)
    I don't think anyone really understood or wanted to reply to what my idea was, and it wasn't base don the previous discussion of countries... I was wondering if america as one giant creature/entity treated its human structure the same way that ENTj's treat their internal structure (being unaware of the needs of the insides) and because of the lack of internal forces they make up for it with external forces. Thats all I was wondering.
    Could be. That's why politicians are always polling everybody - to try to figure out what people think they want, so that politicians can tell everybody that what they, the politicians are doing, is exactly what "everybody" wants and what is good for "everybody".

    They may be unaware of the internal structure, but they are aware that they are unaware and try to appear aware, if that makes any sense.
    Entp
    ILE

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Slava (at school)
    I don't think anyone really understood or wanted to reply to what my idea was, and it wasn't base don the previous discussion of countries... I was wondering if america as one giant creature/entity treated its human structure the same way that ENTj's treat their internal structure (being unaware of the needs of the insides) and because of the lack of internal forces they make up for it with external forces. Thats all I was wondering.
    Could be. That's why politicians are always polling everybody - to try to figure out what people think they want, so that politicians can tell everybody that what they, the politicians are doing, is exactly what "everybody" wants and what is good for "everybody".

    They may be unaware of the internal structure, but they are aware that they are unaware and try to appear aware, if that makes any sense.
    no that made a lot of sense. end of thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i disagree because the estjs seem to dislike what is on television more than most and because you seem to view estjs quite negatively which i am sure is coloring your perception
    not at all. my mom is an estj to boot. many of her friends are as well. let's just say i've "observed" them from time to time when they are around. my objective opinion is that they reflect a lot of the same memes i see just watching a channel like fox on a weekday night, for instance. and they do watch tv.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You're probably right in that the second post was worse. I'm just going to leave that one alone for now to avoid the apocolypse.
    thanks, the second post was mine, actually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •