Thread: Alpha Transparency

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha Transparency

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    are all alpha types transparent? i only ask because my mom told me i am emotionally transparent the other day.
    While there was some discussion in the Sexual Presence thread, I thought that this question deserved a thread of its own for discussion. How transparent are members of the Alpha quadra? Why are they transparent? An INTj and ESFj may both be transparent, but are they transparent in the same way or as a result of the same cause or function? And do the quadras progressively become less transparent?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Alpha Transparency

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    are all alpha types transparent? i only ask because my mom told me i am emotionally transparent the other day.
    While there was some discussion in the Sexual Presence thread, I thought that this question deserved a thread of its own for discussion. How transparent are members of the Alpha quadra? Why are they transparent? An INTj and ESFj may both be transparent, but are they transparent in the same way or as a result of the same cause or function? And do the quadras progressively become less transparent?
    Transparency is a very subjective thing. What does it really mean to be "emotionally transparent" ?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're the quadra with double 'external' introvert functions (Si and Ti), which makes for a kind of stubborn self-centeredness. A tendancy to maintain an intensely personal view of things regardless of what the extrovert world dictates. 'External' functions are the ones that are easy to make sense of by an outsider, so the alphas' have inner worlds that are easy for others to read.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    We're the quadra with double 'external' introvert functions (Si and Ti), which makes for a kind of stubborn self-centeredness.
    An what can we say of the internal extrovert functions, and ?

A tendancy to maintain an intensely personal view of things regardless of what the extrovert world dictates. 'External' functions are the ones that are easy to make sense of by an outsider, so the alphas' have inner worlds that are easy for others to read.
    What do you mean by "extrovert world dictates" ?

Extroversion is a pretty much good thing. It provides initiative and sociability. Yes, introtims can be sociable, but, except ISFp, they are not likely to be communicable and accessible as extrotims. Extrotims actually like redundancy.

I live in France, a country which is progressively falling to bankruptcy partly because of that. 50-60% of French people are introtims, and the country itself has introtim values (i.e. GREEN vMeme), and an introtim State.

Some people say they don't like extrotims because they are "pushy, shallow, and agressive" but introtims actually can (my father is a cp6-ISFj).

Maintaining a personal view isn't more related to Reinin's "obstinacy-compliance" ? (i.e. IT+EF - ET+IF).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're the quadra with double 'external' introvert functions (Si and Ti), which makes for a kind of stubborn self-centeredness. A tendancy to maintain an intensely personal view of things regardless of what the extrovert world dictates. 'External' functions are the ones that are easy to make sense of by an outsider, so the alphas' have inner worlds that are easy for others to read.
    Aha! That's good.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An what can we say of the internal extrovert functions, and ?
    Basically the opposite. The 'what' and 'how' of what alpha's do can be difficult to grasp for outsiders. General rules take precedence over specific ones. 'If the intention is right, so must the outcome be.'

What do you mean by "extrovert world dictates" ?
    It was a piece of imagery. Extrovert information elements are direct and unequivocal. Combine that with 'external' and you've got functions with a bit of a dictatorial character: and . Alpha's aren't responsive to those. They carry their own 'dictatorships' within themselves, so to speak.

Maintaining a personal view isn't more related to Reinin's "obstinacy-compliance" ? (i.e. IT+EF - ET+IF).
    That is related to it in a different context.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intj is too isolated to be transparent

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usually find that people are often horribly mistaken as to why i am feeling upset. Also many cannot tell when i am upset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    intj is too isolated to be transparent
    Not intrinsically type related.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intj's hide their feelings pretty well, so i spose they are the stoics of alpha. entp's esfj's and isfp's i think would show their emotions easily.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i usually find that people are often horribly mistaken as to why i am feeling upset. Also many cannot tell when i am upset.
    Yup, me too.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I find that often I don't know myself why I am upset (or happy, or whatever).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Not intrinsically type related.
    you misunderstand my intent. i am saying that intj is too isolated to be transparent not that intjs are.