Thread: Ni and Te

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni and Te

I find that things I attribute to one function could also be attributed to the other, and often I have difficulty separating the two of them entirely. To me each one seems like an extension of the other. I try to think of it like "A Ni + Fe type would probably do this, and a Si + Te type probably wouldn't, so this is more of a Ni thing than a Te thing" (and vice versa), but this doesn't always work out well for obvious reasons.

How do you distinguish where one ends and the other begins?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same problem with Ti + Ne. I assume it's rather typical.

Ti is really hard to identify consciously. I sometimes know it when I see it, but it's difficult to point to one thing and say "that's Ti" like I can do for the other functions.

The best way is to just think of how they are in the adjacent quadra. You can't really separate them completely, anyhow.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to attribute things to Ni when they are in fact Ni + Te. I also tend to attribute things to Se when they are in fact Se + Fi, but not nearly as much.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ni and Te

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    How do you distinguish where one ends and the other begins?
    You can't, really -- not that precisely anyway. Because (at least the way I see it) functions do not really "exist" but are, like everything else in Socionics, parts of a model to describe reality in a simplified, approximate way.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    The best way is to just think of how they are in the adjacent quadra. You can't really separate them completely, anyhow

Yes, I agree.

For instance, in the case of Ni + Te -- that's an essential block of the Gamma quadra, describing, uh, how your "sense of going somewhere" or "finding the right moment to act" is connected to your understanding of how the external world works logically.

In the case of Ni + Fe, in Beta -- that describes the "sense of going somewhere" with regard to the emotional expressions, or the "political environment" if you will, also in the sense of your longer-term social role -- or your "image".

So if you find yourself perceiving something that might conceivably be also attributed to Ni + Fe, then it's mainly Ni - otherwise, it's Ni + Te.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. Aside from any super ego functions complicating things, that's probably the best way to look at it.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a lot more fun with than .

Deep inside, I don't consider as part of my identity despite whatever appearances that may suggest otherwise. Sometimes I zealously present arguments, but everything is ultimately for goals.
    ILI