Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Dave Chapelle

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Dave Chapelle

    type?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my best guess would be SEE.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

  3. #3
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think he is teh awesome


    when he isn't using that crazy high pitch voice i find him attractive



    edit: not enough to touch him though
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  4. #4
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Yeah. I don't like him.

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had a friend who was juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust like him. It's almost creepy. He actually started out as my younger sister's friend, but he and I got along really well (even though he was like 14 or 15 and I was 17) and my friends thought he was funny, so he hung out with us just as much as he hung out with my brother or sister. And he called my mom "Mom" and my dad "Dad" (my mom enjoyed this but my dad did not, at least not until he realized what a horrible relationship he had with his dad and then he invited him to a father son outing at our church ). Last I talked to him a few years ago he was in the military, had married a girl who was like 5 years old than him, and was trying to get a job in the white house. He told me he used me as a reference and what things would be good (and not good) to mention when they called me. Hmm I've got a pic around somewhere. Maybe I'll get around to scanning it in.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the classic signs of WEAK . ILE or IEE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chapelle?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know, I'm genuinely interested in what you see in David Chappelle Gilly, but it's frustrating when you just lash out against what someone else said rather than giving us your complete thoughts. Please elaborate.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  9. #9
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I had a friend who was juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust like him. It's almost creepy. He actually started out as my younger sister's friend, but he and I got along really well (even though he was like 14 or 15 and I was 17) and my friends thought he was funny, so he hung out with us just as much as he hung out with my brother or sister. And he called my mom "Mom" and my dad "Dad" (my mom enjoyed this but my dad did not, at least not until he realized what a horrible relationship he had with his dad and then he invited him to a father son outing at our church ). Last I talked to him a few years ago he was in the military, had married a girl who was like 5 years old than him, and was trying to get a job in the white house. He told me he used me as a reference and what things would be good (and not good) to mention when they called me. Hmm I've got a pic around somewhere. Maybe I'll get around to scanning it in.
    yah yah i wanna see

    and the Se makes sense


    george you make no sense lol <3
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  10. #10
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    You know, I'm genuinely interested in what you see in David Chappelle Gilly, but it's frustrating when you just lash out against what someone else said rather than giving us your complete thoughts. Please elaborate.
    He makes jokes and skits demonstrating the fact that he feels he is perceived as physically awkward. He makes lighthearted, playful jokes, not showing any kind of aggressive or confrontational humor like Se-quadra types (take Lewis Black or Carlos Mencia, for exmaple). He's more into social commentary and talking about awkwardness and the silly little things that people do, much more akin to a Jerry Seinfeld or Bill Hicks style. Very little of his humor is openly crude or crass; it's silly, lighthearted, and inconsequential. He may go on about how he is "controversial" and "should be kicked off the air," but he does it in a manner that makes it seem totally rediculous, and really isn't so concerned with being controversial as much has he is with creating a silly atmosphere and conveying self-image. Look more at how he delivers his humor, and not so much the actual content, and you will see what I mean.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And how the hell is he at all?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks. I agree that he is less aggressive than many comedians. Also, from what little I've seen of him, he seems to have a style of self-deprecating humor which maybe points away from . But I temper that by saying I'm no expert on him.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  13. #13
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    You know, I'm genuinely interested in what you see in David Chappelle Gilly, but it's frustrating when you just lash out against what someone else said rather than giving us your complete thoughts. Please elaborate.
    He makes jokes and skits demonstrating the fact that he feels he is perceived as physically awkward. He makes lighthearted, playful jokes, not showing any kind of aggressive or confrontational humor like Se-quadra types (take Lewis Black or Carlos Mencia, for exmaple). He's more into social commentary and talking about awkwardness and the silly little things that people do, much more akin to a Jerry Seinfeld or Bill Hicks style. Very little of his humor is openly crude or crass; it's silly, lighthearted, and inconsequential. He may go on about how he is "controversial" and "should be kicked off the air," but he does it in a manner that makes it seem totally rediculous, and really isn't so concerned with being controversial as much has he is with creating a silly atmosphere and conveying self-image. Look more at how he delivers his humor, and not so much the actual content, and you will see what I mean.
    I like this explanation. Carlos Mencia definitely has more aggressive, political humor.

    But Dave Chappelle certainly uses Se in his humor (although not in an Se-ego manner). I don't watch the show much, so I can't really give specific examples. There's this sense that he's trying to get on people's nerves--is that just an Ep thing?

  14. #14
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He does use Se. But, as I mentioned, it's weak Se. He openly acknowledges, but, more importantly, trivializes his physical awkwardness and weak figure.

    I don't know that getting on someone's nerves is specifically type related, but if I had to attribute it to anything, I'd say it's probably a typical irrational thinker image.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  15. #15
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree, he isn't an Se dominant for all the reasons gilligan listed. Se types almost always have a physical presence. That doesn't mean they are always massive and hulking, but you know when you are in the presence of one.
    asd

  16. #16
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    You know, I'm genuinely interested in what you see in David Chappelle Gilly, but it's frustrating when you just lash out against what someone else said rather than giving us your complete thoughts. Please elaborate.
    He makes jokes and skits demonstrating the fact that he feels he is perceived as physically awkward. He makes lighthearted, playful jokes, not showing any kind of aggressive or confrontational humor like Se-quadra types (take Lewis Black or Carlos Mencia, for exmaple). He's more into social commentary and talking about awkwardness and the silly little things that people do, much more akin to a Jerry Seinfeld or Bill Hicks style. Very little of his humor is openly crude or crass; it's silly, lighthearted, and inconsequential. He may go on about how he is "controversial" and "should be kicked off the air," but he does it in a manner that makes it seem totally rediculous, and really isn't so concerned with being controversial as much has he is with creating a silly atmosphere and conveying self-image. Look more at how he delivers his humor, and not so much the actual content, and you will see what I mean.

    HAH...oops


    That does make more sense, you must have noticed much more about him than I have...or seen him in more things...

    Honestly, good point.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  17. #17
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I agree, he isn't an Se dominant for all the reasons gilligan listed. Se types almost always have a physical presence. That doesn't mean they are always massive and hulking, but you know when you are in the presence of one.
    ...and I agree with this.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    All the classic signs of WEAK . ILE or IEE.
    agreed. ILE probably.

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definite ILE....

  21. #21
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You think Chapelle and House are identicals?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought he was ENTp. I don't follow his comedy but that's the impression that i get from just visuals and. lackadaisicalness

  23. #23
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, having seen more, I think he (House) is more likely LII or LSI.

  24. #24
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep, I think Chappelle and House are identicals. Opposite sides of the spectrum in the same personality. House's character represents an ENTp in extremely trying circumstances where all of it's brainpower is going towards some result, and Chappelle's mind is in it's more relaxed state. I don't know any ENTps that sustain House's state of mind at all times, hence why he is a character rather than a real person.

  25. #25
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  26. #26
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good argument........I am completely convinced by your viewpoint

  27. #27
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe Chapelle is a good example of Ne subtype, and House an extreme Ti subtype?

  28. #28
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •