Thread: Is that person an ISFP?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having difficulties typing my father. For the record, he passed away one year ago and we hadn't had much contact in the previous 10 years as we were living in different countries - and before that I knew nothing about personality types. I can easily type my brother as ENTP and my mother as ESFJ, but my father's more difficult.

Altogether I think ISFP fits him best, but I'm not sure.

So here's a brief description -- he grew up in a farm and always kept a deep love for nature and animals, and loved working on his own garden. He loved to watch movies and listen to music, but he didn't read very much, apart from newspapers. He'd buy tons of books, and start to read them, but give up after reading a few chapters - he spent much more time doing crossword puzzles. His favorite hobby was fishing.

He had enormous respect for authority -- he always tended to assume that whoever had authority - bosses at work, teachers, the government - was right. He served in the military for a brief period and loved it. It was very difficult for him to accept that I did not share that view of authority.

He always worked and studied very hard - he took two degrees while studying at night. But having gotten the degrees, he had little interest in keeping up-to-date more than necessary.

He found it very difficult to debate ideas dispassionately -- as it turned out, my brother and I often disagreed with him, and his reaction was to take it personally - "you're always against me".

He did not make friends easily and basically kept the same circle of friends throughout his adult life.

He was good with simple manual work, but terrible at programming VCRs and the like.

He could be extremely moody -- it would often happen that he'd get upset at something, explode, then either apologize later or spend the rest of the day sulking in his room - but then he would drop the matter.

So, what do you think?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that sounds about right

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it must have been nice to have a complete Quadra family.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Really? I have so far figured out the on my mother side my grandfather was ENTp [when he was alive], my grandmother is ISFp [she is alive and 91 years old], my mother is ISFp, and I am ENTp ...

That is really odd how that works ...

On the other hand, my grandfather on my fathers side is ESFp, and my grandmother is ISTj ... my father is ISTj and acts exactly like her!

For the most part I pretty much just avoid my fathers side of the family, and I can not get enough of my mothers side ...

I found out my stepfather is actually ESFj, and since my mother is ISFp and I am ENTp we almost make a quandra. Every once and a while a INTj guy who attends my chuch comes over and we play games together. I like it when he comes over because the atmosphere feels really really comfortable. It is just amazing.

So yeah, it is nice having a complete quandra, but that does not mean there will not ever be conflict between quandra members, because it still happens occasionally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

especially if you have other people in the family who are not part of the quadra and pop in and screw things up. like if an estj-infj or estp-infp dual pair popped in and spoiled an alpha atmosphere

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No joke, ironically we all seem to get along fairly well except for when my step-fathers uncle comes and visits, then all hell breaks loose.

I am not quite sure of his type, but he is definatelly not in the alpha quadrant ... I suspect he might be something ST or SF... I can not say for certain, since he is old and I suck at figuring out older people's types.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Well -- I can't really compare it well with any other family, but we didn't always get along well. Only my mother got along with all of us all the time.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!