Thread: Function Objectives

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Function Objectives

I have come to realise that each function has one ultimate objective. This post is my attempt to identify the objective of each function. Please tell me your thoughts.

- Achieving personal development
    - Achieving physical comfort

- Achieving success
    - Achieving safety

- Achieving a bright mood
    - Achieving simplicity

- Achieving practical results
    - Achieving stable personal relations

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a test incorporating these objectives.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=961

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very good sumamry... Do you think it can be broken down into a more general model, like one same specific desire, through the lense of those functions.

Btw... I would have to say that Te is achieving efficiency.

He he actually now that I think about it... al of them have to do with optimization.

Te - optimal matterial transactions
    Ti - optimal logical expression (generalizing as much as possible)
    Fe - optimal emotional transactions
    Fi - optimal emotional expression (generating the most effective feelings to stabalize relations)
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te people always complain about others being inefficient even if they are told that the matterial useage is for the sake of entertainment. In engineering they are always the guys who try to optimize while the NTP's are the ones that set up the conceptual skeleton that will need to be optimized.

Te i think is liek making every object materially satisfied, while Fe is making every object emotional satisfied. Ne is being aware of every concept at once and being able to animate the device in your mind using multiple simultaneous concepts. Se is being aware of multiple facts and sensoric things at once and of events in various places.
    -Slava

Creepy-pokeball

The Fe tetris piece is the wrong color

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game idea! *writes it down*
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Se objective is achieving victory. Over what, exactly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe yeah pieces falling down and you have to make model-a's and when two dualities line up it clears the rows Pieces fall in blocks of two.
    -Slava

Creepy-pokeball

Justice to has been restored woot. Fe good mood works I suppose. One of my INTJ (MBTI flavor) buddies once remarked that she thought that F as a whole may be all about survival. I dunno but it was interesting

Quote:

Great game idea! *writes it down*
    LOL, socionics tetris sounds like fun, even though it seems like it would be hard making straight lines from the circles and triangles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Function Objectives

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    I have come to realise that each function has one ultimate objective. This post is my attempt to identify the objective of each function. Please tell me your thoughts.

- Achieving worldly success
    - Achieving safety

- Achieving clarity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can pile up model a's so they get allong the best , extra points for makign duality pairs. If conflicts or superego touch, then you loose.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet you're coding it up right now, aren't you, Slava? :wink:
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah not yet, im still thinking of how to optimize the fun factor while maintaining the difficulty factor and what else would make it more socionics. how about a game where you drag little lemming thingies with types written on them so that they get allong the best if superegos get close they will start doign superego things. and activity relations might start having wild sex on the screen.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    hahah not yet, im still thinking of how to optimize the fun factor while maintaining the difficulty factor and what else would make it more socionics. how about a game where you drag little lemming thingies with types written on them so that they get allong the best if superegos get close they will start doign superego things. and activity relations might start having wild sex on the screen.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    That's a very good sumamry... Do you think it can be broken down into a more general model, like one same specific desire, through the lense of those functions.

Start with the desire for value. Everybody needs or wants value for whatever reasons such as survival. Survival, value, and happiness is what drives mankind to build whatever he needs, the functions may kind of disperse that desire to go in different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo

- Achieving success
    - Achieving safety

- Achieving simplicity

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but it seems a little shallow. Are you saying that only types desire personal development? I am working on something like that now, maybe I can help specify this latter on.

Creepy-pokeball

should be a harmonious mood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that we wrote what each function is, we can write a description for each type's model-a... for example...

ENTp ... wants to create harmony to get love because they usually destroy harmony with bad relational ethics. That covers functions 4 and 6. But I think all of it can be done liek this. But see now its clear why the functions formed the way they did. This makes people seem more like playdough and gives a logical reason for the model-A. The next question is... is Fi the same processing structure as Fe, aimed in different directions, or are they separate machines?

btw something else that might be useful....
    Fi gives the ability to see yourself having excerted power on you proportionally, in order to see if its ok for you to excert that power on someone else of lower power. Fi people usually say, treat others as you would like to be treated. If this isn't obeyed it gives them the idea that the violator thinks he is higher power than others, if his rights are more important than theirs.

This leads me to believe that things that traumatized us in childhood might be the things we are weak at because we chose to ignore those aspects of reality, and we get raped by them all the time and others can see it (sometimes), but we do the best we can with our strong functions and regard those as being most important things in life (until we get older).
    -Slava

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I always thought it made more sense for the introverted functions to be black and the extraverted functions white but that's just me.

Laura INTj? ISTp? IxTx? ESFp? Just kidding about that last one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean.
    Are you saying that only types desire personal development?
    has to do with improvement. In the end this improvement is for people. Therefore this is personal development.